• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are there any GREAT rivalry's in the NFL like there use to be?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints & falcons always been pretty good.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers/Ravens is probably the one that as of recent memory has been around the most the last 10 years as both teams have been relevant and both have won Super Bowls in recent history. So that one has to be at the top of rivalries that actually matter right now. Heck they are once again going up against one another in the playoffs so that is one for me at least that I do not want to miss.

A class rivalry that I still really like is that of the Redskins and Cowboys. It seems like even if one of those teams suck they still find a way to make that game competitive.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While free agency and the salary cap watered the rivalries down they're still pretty strong. Especially in the NFC East. It's difficult to get a good grudge going when the guy across the line from you was a teammate a year ago.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
With the advent of free agency and players moving between teams more, coupled with the speed at which teams can go from worst to first and vice versa - rivalries do not seem to carry the same intensity as they used to.
The ones that stick in my mind are:

Dallas/Washington
Steelers/Ravens
Chicago/Green Bay

But those are from bygone days

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady vs Manning is pretty much the only major rivalry. Ravens/Steelers is probably the best one going but its not the same with the Ravens rebuilding after their last Super Bowl, imo

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll take them getting truly good again, but all the divisional matchups are bitter rivalries for Cleveland.

You have the in-state rivalry with Cincy.
You have the Ravens rivalry, the team that used to be the Browns but the scumbag owner up and moved the team when he didn't get a new stadium.
and You have the Steelers rivalry, which used to be one of the most bitter and competitive in the NFL.

The Brownies are still a little ways off from being competitive, but these are all good, true, rivalry games.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess you missed the part where the OP said "does not involve your favorite team" lol

Lol, oh i missed that too.

Right now: SF - Sea; Dal - Wash; and GB - Chi are the ones that automatically spring to mind.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll take them getting truly good again, but all the divisional matchups are bitter rivalries for Cleveland.

You have the in-state rivalry with Cincy.
You have the Ravens rivalry, the team that used to be the Browns but the scumbag owner up and moved the team when he didn't get a new stadium.
and You have the Steelers rivalry, which used to be one of the most bitter and competitive in the NFL.

The Brownies are still a little ways off from being competitive, but these are all good, true, rivalry games.

I think most of the teams that have been in the same division for years could say the same thing. I mean the NFC North is just littered with years upon years of rivalry games among the 4 teams.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man... we must have really got your panties in a wad in the other thread

And yes this is off topic.

You sure are very insecure and misinformed,,Four years later, Bill Leavy apologizes to Seahawks,,Four years later, Bill Leavy apologizes to Seahawks | ProFootballTalk

Bill Leavy: NFL Referee Admits the Truth - Seattle Won Super Bowl XL!

Bill Leavy: NFL Referee Admits the Truth - Seattle Won Super Bowl XL! | Bleacher Report

But i will end it on this,but you already knew all that i bet,anybody and everybody knows the fraud.

Will be nice to see you next season because you Stealers have zero chance of advancing this year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sure are very insecure and misinformed,,Four years later, Bill Leavy apologizes to Seahawks,,Four years later, Bill Leavy apologizes to Seahawks | ProFootballTalk

Bill Leavy: NFL Referee Admits the Truth - Seattle Won Super Bowl XL!

Bill Leavy: NFL Referee Admits the Truth - Seattle Won Super Bowl XL! | Bleacher Report

But i will end it on this,but you already knew all that i bet,anybody and everybody knows the fraud.

Will be nice to see you next season because you Stealers have zero chance of advancing this year.

Where in there does he say that Seattle won the Super Bowl? I read through both articles and Leavy never once says that his calls cost the Seahawks the game. He admits he made mistakes on a couple of calls but beyond that nothing. There were plenty of other things that happened in that game that cost Seattle the game. 2 bad calls is still not 11 points for sure difference. We have no clue how that game would have turned out had they reversed those two calls. You are reading into those articles what you want not what they actually say.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where in there does he say that Seattle won the Super Bowl? I read through both articles and Leavy never once says that his calls cost the Seahawks the game. He admits he made mistakes on a couple of calls but beyond that nothing. There were plenty of other things that happened in that game that cost Seattle the game. 2 bad calls is still not 11 points for sure difference. We have no clue how that game would have turned out had they reversed those two calls. You are reading into those articles what you want not what they actually say.

You can read into what ever you wish,those calls cost the game.

I just read the predictions post over on the Broncos board and how you claimed that Seattle "Just all of the sudden had all these Hawk fans" do you even effing live here? and if you do WHERE! born and raised here and that comment is utter shit.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When my team isn't involved, here's what I consider appointment TV in today's NFL:

Brady vs Manning

Steelers vs Ravens

I'm on the red zone channel for anything else except Seattle games.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the rivalries are still there...just depends on the teams success is all. Can't tell me when the Raiderz rise again, that AFC West won't be a dogfight again.

NFC North with the Lions and Green Bay is as good as ever.

Nice to see Dallas on the uptick as well, just need the rest of the East dough teams to rise along with.

AFC Central was probably the best of the rest this year from what I saw.

NFL needs to GTFO of the way too.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions and Packers? There's plenty of history, but I don't know how great of a rivalry that is. Lions have lost like 23 straight in GB? How many div titles have the Lions won in say... the last 30 years? I was interested in this last GB/Detroit matchup only because the outcome could have affected playoff seeding for Seattle. For a non-partisan fan, this isn't appointment TV.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL cant help that all the old rivalries are dead...........................................................................................

oh wait, except for the league feuds w the Raiders, we lost a bunch of good rivalries because we are not "relevant" anymore.

Raiders - Chefs

Raiders - Broncos

Raiders - Chargers

Raiders - Steelers

and yes even

Raiders - Seahawks

refs and league get out of the way and let us 'ball.

We are coming back, get out the fuckin way Goodell.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL cant help that all the old rivalries are dead...........................................................................................

oh wait, except for the league feuds w the Raiders, we lost a bunch of good rivalries because we are not "relevant" anymore.

Raiders - Chefs

Raiders - Broncos

Raiders - Chargers

Raiders - Steelers

and yes even

Raiders - Seahawks

refs and league get out of the way and let us 'ball.

We are coming back, get out the fuckin way Goodell.
Raiders vs the Chiefs were great back in day.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with the AFC West rivalries is:

1) KC beat Oak for years and years awhile back and then Oak hit the bottom of the league and hasn't rebuilt quite yet.

2) Peyton has totally crushed the Chiefs

Give that some time and you'll see some rivalries start forming again.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with the AFC West rivalries is:

1) KC beat Oak for years and years awhile back and then Oak hit the bottom of the league and hasn't rebuilt quite yet.

2) Peyton has totally crushed the Chiefs

Give that some time and you'll see some rivalries start forming again.

Once Manning retires, it should start to get pretty interesting again.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PIT vs BAL...the rivalry is still just as intense as it's always been, but in terms of national or SB implications..the difference is both teams have not been peaking at the same time the last yr or so...teams are retooling aging players from a SB appearance.

My point is basically...the rivalries never really die, but they are less of a national story when the teams are not as good.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the big NFC rivalries for the next couple of years being: Seattle/Arizona, Green Bay/Detroit and Dallas/Philly.

AFC is Brady vs Peyton until they retire. Im not really sure who the future contenders will be.