• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Lakers Getting "Supernatural Help"

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from Kobe?

Apparently, after his game winning shot last night, AD yelled "Kobe". In the interview after the game, he mentioned that the Lakers can't be losing when wearing their Mamba uniforms (they wore them in game 2 in each series so far and are 3-0 in them.

Frank Vogel even mentioned the uniforms they were wearing during one of the late timeouts.

I was switching between some different sports talk shows out here and that seemed to be a common discussion.

For the most part it was of the "they were wearing the Mamba uniforms and considering his untimely death, were drawing inspiration from the uniforms" type of comment.

But a couple of them (and some callers) were going as far as claiming actual Kobe influence or "channeling him".

So, where do you stand on it? Just inspired by the uniforms? Kobe actually influencing the game (would be a pretty Kobe thing to do)?

My theory? They knew if they lost wearing the Mamba uni's, he'd come back and haunt their asses. lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t believe in supernatural influence here,

but, if the Lakers players believe it, that is all that matters.

Hard to beat a team playing with unshakable confidence. Especially when they were pretty good before.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,096.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from Kobe?

Apparently, after his game winning shot last night, AD yelled "Kobe". In the interview after the game, he mentioned that the Lakers can't be losing when wearing their Mamba uniforms (they wore them in game 2 in each series so far and are 3-0 in them.

Frank Vogel even mentioned the uniforms they were wearing during one of the late timeouts.

I was switching between some different sports talk shows out here and that seemed to be a common discussion.

For the most part it was of the "they were wearing the Mamba uniforms and considering his untimely death, were drawing inspiration from the uniforms" type of comment.

But a couple of them (and some callers) were going as far as claiming actual Kobe influence or "channeling him".

So, where do you stand on it? Just inspired by the uniforms? Kobe actually influencing the game (would be a pretty Kobe thing to do)?

My theory? They knew if they lost wearing the Mamba uni's, he'd come back and haunt their asses. lol
AD was "channeling" Kobe last night on that game winning dagger......1st game winnner for AD since 2015 and 1st ever in the playoffs.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t believe in supernatural influence here,

but, if the Lakers players believe it, that is all that matters.

Hard to beat a team playing with unshakable confidence. Especially when they were pretty good before.

Honestly, I don't think any of them actually believe he's "possessing" anyone or that the "ghost of Kobe" is influencing anything. It's not like the Leprechauns in Boston (which are real lol).

But I think they do draw some inspiration from the uniforms and from his memory. Some have said they want to win it for him.

As a Lakers fan, whatever helps, I'm good with.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,096.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning it this year would be awesome......and Kobe would be smiling down from Heaven.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they're just a superteam with 2 of the best players in the game (AD is probably the best player in the game when he wants to be) playing against SCRUB teams in the playoffs with ZERO superstars like Denver. .. Nothing "Supernatural" about this at all. They should beat these teams that left. They aren't that good. Not to mention denver pretty much physically exausted from the all the comebacks they made. . They lucked out and avoided the two teams that could beat them (Bucks and Clippers) that matched up better against them than any of the teams remaining.

The bigger question is, "Why were the lakers even in danger of losing to Denver last night?". Denver didn't even start to play basketball until the 3rd quarter and couldn't grab a rebound or play D. This shouldn't even have been a game

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lucked out and avoided the two teams that could beat them (Bucks and Clippers) that matched up better against them than any of the teams remaining.
lol

Apparently those teams weren't that good since they couldn't even get out of the 2nd round. The Clippers even blew a 3-1 lead.

The bigger question is, "Why were the lakers even in danger of losing to Denver last night?". Denver didn't even start to play basketball until the 3rd quarter and couldn't grab a rebound or play D. This shouldn't even have been a game

Denver is a good young team and has overcome two 3-1 deficits to get to where they are. That's never been done before in NBA history. Jokic is arguably the best center in the game (or at least in the conversation) and Murray is an emerging young star.

Denver was always going to make some kind of run at the Lakers, espcially after what the Lakers did to them in game 1. The only question was going to be if it would be enough to win the game, which it almost was.

Most folks have this series going 6 games.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from Kobe?

I hope so. Lebron would then not be able to count this Championship to his total and all credit goes to Kobe.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Don't believe in ghosts

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from Kobe?

Yes they did - Kobe channeled his spirit into Anthony Davis to make that shot

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from Kobe?

Kobe is in their nightmares when they lose...

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't think any of them actually believe he's "possessing" anyone or that the "ghost of Kobe" is influencing anything. It's not like the Leprechauns in Boston (which are real lol).

But I think they do draw some inspiration from the uniforms and from his memory. Some have said they want to win it for him.

As a Lakers fan, whatever helps, I'm good with.
youd be right lad. real they be

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This does feel very 2009ish

Lakers playing in Orlando too...The last place Kobe won against a Florida team

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Jeesh.. They got AD/Lebron on one team. LOL. do any teams left have that? LOL Sure there may be some teams with some more depth down the bench, but at the end of the day, if you got 2 of the best in the game and enough help, you're probably gonna win. LOL

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Jeesh.. They got AD/Lebron on one team. LOL. do any teams left have that? LOL Sure there may be some teams with some more depth down the bench, but at the end of the day, if you got 2 of the best in the game and enough help, you're probably gonna win. LOL

The heat have Jimmy butler and Bam

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The heat have Jimmy butler and Bam
...and? Both are lesser players than Lebron or AD. Bam is an ascending player, but I wouldn't expect him to reach AD levels. Butler is a hard-edged leader by example, a lesser version of Kawhi.