• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Apparently we made a horrible pick

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the getting much less than a team should for moving down 10 spots in the 2nd round and then using the pick on a tight end that isn't a factor in the passing game wasn't a popular decision. Who knew?

This will be even more hilarious when Drew Lock is a Super Bowl MVP for the Broncos.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last 30 years are starting to make me think the Bengals leadership might not be too keen on knowing how to run a business

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he does all the work, he can free up Eiffert to come in and steal the show on 3rd down and red zone.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals never change. Nothing but value on the board...let’s trade down!! Gotta collect some more 6th rounders to stock up on punt gunners and 4th string RBs.

Then the pick comes, and it’s a blocking TE they could’ve had 2 rounds later. Fucking awesome guys.

Btw, why is it whenever the rest of the league makes trades, they pick up future 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounders...but the Bengals move back half of the board and only manage fodder picks?

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals never change. Nothing but value on the board...let’s trade down!! Gotta collect some more 6th rounders to stock up on punt gunners and 4th string RBs.

Then the pick comes, and it’s a blocking TE they could’ve had 2 rounds later. Fucking awesome guys.

Btw, why is it whenever the rest of the league makes trades, they pick up future 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounders...but the Bengals move back half of the board and only manage fodder picks?

Because we are so close to the salary cap that we can't sign those glamorous picks.

I think someone here even proved that to me a month or two ago, we haven't exactly been our cheap selves lately.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
always reaching for a TE

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it was a horrible pick. I believe he was the highest rated TE in the draft by PFF - However, most "mocks" had him going in the 3rd or 4th round. I think he could have been had at that point.

However, the guy is a very good blocker, and when you look at the direction this team is going under the new coach, it is going to be run heavy. If you factor in maybe splitting 1 TE out wide like a WR (like Kelce does for KC often) then you still have 1 TE in - you have a mismatch one way or the other. Suddenly, the blocking on this team looks to be positive.

Really thought the draft overall was very solid. I'd give it a solid B. I really like the kid out of OSU, and could see him pushing for starting time at RG. If you slide Glenn over to RT (where I think he would be most effective) and you have the 1st pick in at LT, and add in a solid blocking TE - I think this offense is going to be very interesting to watch with RB's getting some actual lanes to run through.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I certainly hope he isn't as dumb as he looks.

swpxkqjrsxre7rjns9ja.jpg