• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Apparently we made a good pick

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best offensive lineman in the draft.... No real injury concerns.... Stellar reputation as a recruit and then amazing college career on a championship level team. No sacks given up his entire junior season.

Maybe times are changing.... Or maybe we'll line him up at guard and things will be the same as usual.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best offensive lineman in the draft.... No real injury concerns.... Stellar reputation as a recruit and then amazing college career on a championship level team. No sacks given up his entire junior season.

Maybe times are changing.... Or maybe we'll line him up at guard and things will be the same as usual.

It will be nice to enjoy him for 4 years and then see him sign elsewhere inexplicably when we don't attempt to resign him.

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Alright. I guess keep picking o line in the first round until we get it right? Hard to argue his production on the collegiate level.

I’m happy it isn’t someone that is injured and shelved for their rookie year.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all in with Andy I guess. better run blocking, better protection, maybe andy doesn't get injured this year trying to tackle the defender he threw the ball too.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be nice to enjoy him for 4 years and then see him sign elsewhere inexplicably when we don't attempt to resign him.

We don't re-sign guards. I'm sure that's where we'll play him - Can't be benching Bobby Hart.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next Willie Anderson? Tackle from Alabama.

Hopefully if he is playing better than others he will get to start. He played LT though, so does this mean he is Cordy's replacement or Hart's?

I was surprised, but not upset. OT was a need. Took the top one in the draft according to experts. Graded off the charts for football IQ, tough, a good leader. Hopefully we build up those lines and work our way back.

Still on the board:

CB Greedy Williams
LB Mack Wilson
CB Byron Murphy
WR DK Metcalf
WR AJ Brown
OT Jawaan Taylor

Is this the year we go back to back OT's again like we did with Obuehi and Fisher?

Jonah Williams and Jawaan Taylor anybody?

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if they don't have high grades on the other tackles. They indicated that once their guy was available, they were less interested in trading down. Of course, now that we're in the second round that changes the value a little.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's not to like. area of great need addressed early

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonah isn't fancy but can't go wrong by taking him. Good pick.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t complain about the pick. Jonah Williams is a good football player. He’s the opposite of Ced Ogbuehi. Not a stellar athlete, but a tough nosed tactician who loves it. Badly needed addition to the OL. They may have finally found their replacement for Whit.

Ideally they plug him in at LT and move Glenn to RT. But the Brown family isn’t paying Bobby Hart 8 mil to ride the bench this season. So looks like he’ll kick to guard. A position the Bengals don’t prioritize.

I wonder though how badly the Bengals wanted Devin Bush. The Steelers obviously were concerned enough to give up 2 picks to jump in front of them. Seemed a little desperate for a 230 lb coverage LB.

Also, interesting that they passed on Dwayne Haskins. He fell right in their lap. Hopefully they don’t regret that one. I’m sure they’d like a do over after picking John Ross over Mahomes.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, what’s the deal with Jawaan Taylor? Dude went from a consensus top 12 pick and best OT available to falling out of the 1st round. Injury I’m assuming?

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devin Bush looks like a great football player. But I'm not really sure you trade into the top 10 to draft an undersized linebacker. That seems like an unorthodox move..... The Steelers get many more right than wrong, so far be it for me to question their business decisions, but it seems curious to me.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all makes sense now.... They were just throwing Butch Hobson a bone.

Bengals Sample Tight End In Second

I’m sure Hobs got a hard on with that trade. Can’t wait to hear how the rest of the league coveted Drew Sample and how shrewd the Bengals FO is. The smartest organization in sports with zero playoff wins in a quarter century.