• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AP Top 25

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of shakeup….. new rankings

1-bama
2-Georgia
3-psu
4-Iowa
5-Cincinnati
6-OSU
7-ou
8-BYU
9-Arkansas
10-ND
11-Oregon
12-Michigan
13-coastal Carolina
14-ole miss
15-Florida

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of shakeup….. new rankings

1-bama
2-Georgia
3-psu
4-Iowa
5-Cincinnati
6-OSU
7-ou
8-BYU
9-Arkansas
10-ND
11-Oregon
12-Michigan
13-coastal Carolina
14-ole miss
15-Florida
Kentucky has to be ahead of a 2 loss Floriduh team now

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky has to be ahead of a 2 loss Floriduh team now
Good point but wasn’t Kentucky unranked?

Going from say 30-20 would be big jump.

I got lazy and didn’t finish the top 25

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point but wasn’t Kentucky unranked?

Going from say 30-20 would be big jump.

I got lazy and didn’t finish the top 25
I noticed that lol. I’m thinking Florida drops to about 20 but we will see.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the top 4 is pretty clearly Bama, UGA, PSU, Iowa . After that its kind of a crazy jumble. Id probably finish the top 10 as

Cincy
Oklahoma
Oregon
Ohio St
Michigan
BYU

But i wouldnt argue much with someone putting OKST, Coastal or even Kentucky in there

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the top 4 is pretty clearly Bama, UGA, PSU, Iowa . After that its kind of a crazy jumble. Id probably finish the top 10 as

Cincy
Oklahoma
Oregon
Ohio St
Michigan
BYU

But i wouldnt argue much with someone putting OKST, Coastal or even Kentucky in there
I'm a bit off topic because I'm not worried or responding to the AP Top 25, but rather the 4 final picks for the
playoffs. The rest of this stuff is meaningless.

Bama and Georgia are certainly the best two in America right now. They will have to face each other in the CCG. Thus the argument
for them will be their final seeding. 1 and 4...maybe 1 and 3...ormaybe they remain 1and 2.

Thus we are now searching for the other two teams. There are 4 Big10 teams in the current top 10. 3 in the same
division thus we can eliminate two of them. Iowa has Penn St this coming week so one of them will go to the rear
of the class.

OU is unbeaten, but they certainly haven't blown anybody up with the exception of Western Carolina.The other they've
won by 5, 7, 3 and 6. Texas this week, and 4 others capable of beating them,\

Oregon has to overcome losing to Stanford.

Cincy's fate rests with Notre Dame. If they can run the table and the Irish can finish 10-2 or 9-3, that could give them
enough to crack the top 4.

Nobody in the ACC is gonna emerge, or get high enough to qualify..

Outsiders???? Maybe Texas, if they can handle OU and if they run the table. But who is gonna bet on Texas doing that...especially
because they must face Okie St the week after OU. It will be tough on their players to regain focus.

The season still has 7 weeks remaining and the final 4 is down to around 7 teams, total.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a bit off topic because I'm not worried or responding to the AP Top 25, but rather the 4 final picks for the
playoffs. The rest of this stuff is meaningless.

Bama and Georgia are certainly the best two in America right now. They will have to face each other in the CCG. Thus the argument
for them will be their final seeding. 1 and 4...maybe 1 and 3...ormaybe they remain 1and 2.

Thus we are now searching for the other two teams. There are 4 Big10 teams in the current top 10. 3 in the same
division thus we can eliminate two of them. Iowa has Penn St this coming week so one of them will go to the rear
of the class.

OU is unbeaten, but they certainly haven't blown anybody up with the exception of Western Carolina.The other they've
won by 5, 7, 3 and 6. Texas this week, and 4 others capable of beating them,\

Oregon has to overcome losing to Stanford.

Cincy's fate rests with Notre Dame. If they can run the table and the Irish can finish 10-2 or 9-3, that could give them
enough to crack the top 4.

Nobody in the ACC is gonna emerge, or get high enough to qualify..

Outsiders???? Maybe Texas, if they can handle OU and if they run the table. But who is gonna bet on Texas doing that...especially
because they must face Okie St the week after OU. It will be tough on their players to regain focus.

The season still has 7 weeks remaining and the final 4 is down to around 7 teams, total.

First off, there is a lot of football yet to be played. Still very early.

Yes, I'd pencil in bama and GA for the playoff, but I wouldn't use ink. I think more than ever on any given day, all hell can break loose. upsets happen.

PSU & Iowa, will knock one of the two out, and if its a blow out one way or the other, one team could drop more than just a couple spots. Big 10 looks strong. I'm sold on PSU and Iowa, but not believing scUM yet. This is the worst wisconsin team I've seen in over 10 years or more. so, IMO, mich. hasn't been tested really. They barely beat Rutgers, at HOME. and OSU went to rutgers and destroyed them. I think mich. jumped a few too many spots up than they should have.

I've never had any issues with OU, always respected the program. (Although I wanted to shoot mayfield when he planted the flag in Ohio Stadium.) Anyway, OU looks weak. Something isn't right. and what rubs me the wrong way with them, is they aren't treated the same as OSU in the polls, if OSU "doesn't look good" they drop 1 or 2 spots even while winning. Total BS. OSU lost by just 1 TD to Oregon, and the sports media acted like they lost by 40. #3 OSU lost to then #12 Ducks and dropped to 9. #3 Ducks lose to UNRANKED stanford and only drops to 8. Bullshit is deep here. Back to OU, an argument could've been made for them to drop the last two weeks if the pollsters used the OSU measuring stick. :rolleyes2:

Yes, hopefully Oregon bounces back and wins out. :hope:

Congrats to Cincy. They earned that 5 spot for now. They have a big problem though. Their schedule. I'm hearing too many sports media talking heads saying right now, Cincy should be in the playoffs. They need to get a grip. too fucking early to put them in. Their schedule is kinda weak from here on out. Indiana isn't the powerful win everyone thought it would be.

no, ACC won't have a rep in the playoffs. yes, I'm loving watching clemmy fall back to mediocrity.

Last word.

I think the pollsters and many in the sports media are chomping at the bit and hoping/praying for as many new teams in the playoffs as possible. and if they can talk up unknowns instead of the usual suspects, they will.

lots of football to be played.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, I'd pencil in bama and GA for the playoff, but I wouldn't use ink. I think more than ever on any given day, all hell can break loose. upsets happen.

PSU & Iowa, will knock one of the two out, and if its a blow out one way or the other, one team could drop more than just a couple spots. Big 10 looks strong. I'm sold on PSU and Iowa, but not believing scUM yet. This is the worst wisconsin team I've seen in over 10 years or more. so, IMO, mich. hasn't been tested really. They barely beat Rutgers, at HOME. and OSU went to rutgers and destroyed them. I think mich. jumped a few too many spots up than they should have.

I've never had any issues with OU, always respected the program. (Although I wanted to shoot mayfield when he planted the flag in Ohio Stadium.) Anyway, OU looks weak. Something isn't right. and what rubs me the wrong way with them, is they aren't treated the same as OSU in the polls, if OSU "doesn't look good" they drop 1 or 2 spots even while winning. Total BS. OSU lost by just 1 TD to Oregon, and the sports media acted like they lost by 40. #3 OSU lost to then #12 Ducks and dropped to 9. #3 Ducks lose to UNRANKED stanford and only drops to 8. Bullshit is deep here. Back to OU, an argument could've been made for them to drop the last two weeks if the pollsters used the OSU measuring stick. :rolleyes2:

Yes, hopefully Oregon bounces back and wins out. :hope:

Congrats to Cincy. They earned that 5 spot for now. They have a big problem though. Their schedule. I'm hearing too many sports media talking heads saying right now, Cincy should be in the playoffs. They need to get a grip. too fucking early to put them in. Their schedule is kinda weak from here on out. Indiana isn't the powerful win everyone thought it would be.

no, ACC won't have a rep in the playoffs. yes, I'm loving watching clemmy fall back to mediocrity.

Last word.

I think the pollsters and many in the sports media are chomping at the bit and hoping/praying for as many new teams in the playoffs as possible. and if they can talk up unknowns instead of the usual suspects, they will.

lots of football to be played.
Have heard your rationale about Oregon for OSU, but not so sure. I think we might be better off they lost and keep losing to get knocked out than keep winning to be a signature loss for us. Especially with Cinci looking like they could easily go unbeaten and get a spot.

truth be told, other than UGA I'm not sure anyone has been all that impressive yet. Certainly no other dominant team without flaws. Yes, that includes Bama....so far. could argue PSU's resume - so far - is stronger than bama.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have heard your rationale about Oregon for OSU, but not so sure. I think we might be better off they lost and keep losing to get knocked out than keep winning to be a signature loss for us. Especially with Cinci looking like they could easily go unbeaten and get a spot.

truth be told, other than UGA I'm not sure anyone has been all that impressive yet. Certainly no other dominant team without flaws. Yes, that includes Bama....so far. could argue PSU's resume - so far - is stronger than bama.
I see your point about oregon, and its a good one. However, at the end of the day, or the end of the season, I think OSU should get the spot over oregon if they win out as they will have lost to an unranked team, while OSU lost to a top ten team. Maybe to be safe, the best bet is to have them lose only once to a good team by few points.

Like I said about Cincy, they are going to suffer respect due to their schedule. They need to win out all their remaining games winning by 50+ points. bottom line, numerous other teams will have a better SOS.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point about oregon, and its a good one. However, at the end of the day, or the end of the season, I think OSU should get the spot over oregon if they win out as they will have lost to an unranked team, while OSU lost to a top ten team. Maybe to be safe, the best bet is to have them lose only once to a good team by few points.

Like I said about Cincy, they are going to suffer respect due to their schedule. They need to win out all their remaining games winning by 50+ points. bottom line, numerous other teams will have a better SOS.
Maybes don't usually seem to work in OSU's favor so just get Oregon out of there with at least a 2nd loss IMO. Even though losing to Stanford worse, I think them beating us for our loss could count for a lot.

No doubt gonna be hard to take Cinci over a 1-loss P5 champ with their only quality win being ND and who knows how many they end up losing. would help their case if we struggle with IU.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PSU & Iowa, will knock one of the two out, and if its a blow out one way or the other, one team could drop more than just a couple spots. Big 10 looks strong.

I don't know if the loser of PSU vs Iowa is automatically out of it? Unless it's a blowout, the loser could win the rest of their games and either get revenge in the CCG or could beat some other undefeated team that beat the winner, or even a 1 loss OSU will be ranked high and give the loser a boost if they beat them after winning their Div by winning out.

As for Bama and Ga, I don't think they can be penciled in until they avoid a few of the potential upsets that could happen. If either team loses before they meet up in the CCG, that could change the dynamic esp if Cincy wins out.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if the loser of PSU vs Iowa is automatically out of it? Unless it's a blowout, the loser could win the rest of their games and either get revenge in the CCG or could beat some other undefeated team that beat the winner, or even a 1 loss OSU will be ranked high and give the loser a boost if they beat them after winning their Div by winning out.

As for Bama and Ga, I don't think they can be penciled in until they avoid a few of the potential upsets that could happen. If either team loses before they meet up in the CCG, that could change the dynamic esp if Cincy wins out.
forgot about the SEC CCG. If either loses a close game, they'll stay in the top four. One would probably be ranked 4. but if the game is a blow out, the loser will be out, IMO.......

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincinnati really needs to worry about BYU.

Objectively, BYU plays a much harder schedule, especially down the stretch with a lot of big name teams

Cincy meanwhile plays a string of nobodies,

Cincy is pinning their hopes on Notre Dame not being the team needing Double OT to be Florida State.

The only reason it is stacked currently is that Cincy was pre-season #8 and BYU was completely unranked.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincinnati really needs to worry about BYU.

Objectively, BYU plays a much harder schedule, especially down the stretch with a lot of big name teams

Cincy meanwhile plays a string of nobodies,

Cincy is pinning their hopes on Notre Dame not being the team needing Double OT to be Florida State.

The only reason it is stacked currently is that Cincy was pre-season #8 and BYU was completely unranked.
yeah, have to agree. preseason rankings are kind of bs.

It's nobody else's fault other than Cincy's AD for the schedule, because thats going to kill them. They aren't going to sit there at 5 for the remainder of the year and slide into the 4 spot with their schedule. there are too many teams in the top 12 that will have better SOSs, signature wins. and I can easily see ND losing at least one more game, which won't help. and Indiana isn't who the hypesters thought they were. Hoosiers will have more losses. Looking at their schedule, they needed to line up a 4 game gauntlet of signature wins to stand the test of the season................ ND, OU, PSU, Oregon........... play those four and win then destroy everyone on that weak conf. schedule, then maybe.

ozanaminn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,915.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincinnati must win convincingly in all of their games in order to get a playoff spot. Alabama
, Georgia, the Big 10 champs are are locks for the playoffs. So, one spot is left for the Big 12 champ, a possible one loss Oregon, a possible one loss Big Ten non champ. (Iowa), and an undefeated Cincinnati.

Tritonboat71

50-55-56-74-75-85-00
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama and Georgia, then draw a line.

The rest are irrelevant.

Both will make the playoffs

The other two schools chosen will only be filler.