1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

anyone seriously think ...

Discussion in 'Chicago White Sox' started by idseer, Nov 6, 2018.

1. idseer

idseer Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

... the sox could sign machado AND harper? that is what is being speculated right now.
    honestly, i don't want machado on this team because he's a complete asshole! i'd take harper tho. :)

2. richig07

richig07 Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 200

I am a big Harper fan. Kid has got a chip on his shoulder - but he plays the game harder than anybody.

Machado's a jerk off... yeah. However, if he's at the top of his game - I'm not sure if I care.

3. Trudem

Trudem He's no good to me dead!

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 900

I wouldnt go so far as saying Harper plays harder than anyone. I think Mike Trout has that on lock down...

Harper is a good player though. A bit of an asshole but a good player. I would happily take him.

4. podsox

podsox Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

6983DA10-19A9-42E7-868B-387D0DCCDE0A.png A tweet got deleted but they showed the United Center decked out for Harper. I’m guessing whoever leaked the picture is trying to keep his job

5. Lake Shore Drive

Lake Shore Drive Your retarted

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

I not only believe the Sox stand zero chance of signing both players, I think they stand zero chance of signing either player. These stories have postseason hype written all over them.

6. podsox

podsox Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

I would agree if they didn’t have so much money. The Sox need a face of their franchise. The cubs success is another reason I think it’s possible. They have always owned the city but it’s only gotten stronger. The Sox haven’t been relevant in a decade. That’s an entire generation of kids growing up. That being said I’ll be surprised if they end up with either

7. Lake Shore Drive

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

I'm simply going by Reinsdorf's history. What has been his biggest and priciest FA signing to date.....think we have to go back to the 90's and Albert Belle for that. I have no problems with signing either player, there is a need for either of both of them. I just don't see it happening whatsoever.

8. Lake Shore Drive

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

I'm a bit late in following up on this, but as I'm sure most of you already know by now, Harper turned down a 10 year $300mil deal with his soon-to-be-ex-team, the Nationals. Now seriously, does anyone here really think Reinsdorf is going to dip into his wallet and pay Harper even more than that, and that's assuming Harper would even be interested in joining our club? Seriously? I'm pretty sure the Sox can come up with much more creative and productive usage of such funds.

9. idseer

idseer Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

look SOMEbody is going to sign him. and perhaps he didn't re-sign with the nats because he didn't want to play for them anymore and would sign for that amount someplace else. and yes, i believe reinsdork could be an owner who would sign him.,

10. Lake Shore Drive

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

I'll only believe it when I see it. Until then, I'm filing this potential signing in my "Not a Chance in Hell" folder.

11. msgkings322

msgkings322 Throbbing Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 2,200

The chances are low but it would make sense. The Sox are probably ready to shoot for a wild card in 2020 (not next year). So signing a 26 year old stud to a 10 year deal means they are here and still in their prime for 2020-2023, which is the window.

Sox may be longshots but they should try their damnedest. Even maybe overpay (not both but one or the other)