• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

anyone see catching hell on espn?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Amazing just amazing story. Watched it 2x

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the most depressing things I've watched in a while. Great television.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah I agree....I never really thought he had a shot at catching the ball but sure enough when they took bartman and the fans out of the video he had a legit shot! Also didn't realize that gonzo booted that double play. He's lucky bartman happened

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing I took from this, is Bartman has the worst friends on the planet. I didn't even realize he was at the game with anybody let alone a couple of friends. Not a single, don't worry about it Steve, forget it, you didn't do anything wrong. Not to mention if one of my friends is being pretty much attacked by other fans, we're throwing down, somebody is getting decked.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree....I never really thought he had a shot at catching the ball but sure enough when they took bartman and the fans out of the video he had a legit shot! Also didn't realize that gonzo booted that double play. He's lucky bartman happened

Two things:

1. He didn't have a "legit shot". He would have made the catch. The ball was practically in his glove.

2. The idea that Cubs fans don't blame Gonzalez is absurd. He was one of our most popular players through most of 03, and he was dominant into the postseason up to that moment. After "the error" he was routinely booed at Wrigley, to the point where the Cubs traded him halfway through 2004. That movie's claim that we let Gonzalez off the hook while completely blaming Bartman is simply wrong. If you ask any Cubs fan about Alex Gonzalez, they won't talk about his 20 HRs or the fact that we probably beat the Braves because of him. They'll talk about the error.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lol that's true I thought he was alone too and its funny he has to turn to the people behind him and ask them if he did anything wrong. Another thing I found interesting they showed him in the 6th inning trying to get on tv lol 2 innings later he got on it

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
well I think it was more about the average fan average American if you mention it they know the bartman incident. also during the game the fans were clearly blaming bartman. that asshole chant wasn't for gonzo. also like the story said why was buckner blamed and a scapegoat when it was the wild pitch that let the mets tie the game?

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I think it was more about the average fan average American if you mention it they know the bartman incident. also during the game the fans were clearly blaming bartman. that asshole chant wasn't for gonzo. also like the story said why was buckner blamed and a scapegoat when it was the wild pitch that let the mets tie the game?

The one thing that ties this all together is the cubbies...dont forget Billy Buckner was a cub (his best years) before his Bosox debacle.

He successfully combined the two strongest curses in sports history into his historic moment!
:deadhorse:

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cubs fans blame Bartman because that WAS the turning point. Up until that moment, it was pretty much a foregone conclusion. At that moment, the doubts and the thoughts of curses came back into everyone's mind. There was just a general feeling that we were going to lose the game and the series from that moment on. It's hard to describe unless you are a Cubs fan, but there is an ominous feeling that floats over Wrigley Field that something will always go wrong. Bartman reminded everyone of that.

Is what happened to him unfair? Probably. At the same time, Cubs fans invested thousands of dollars and hours into that team. It's alright to have empathy while realizing that this man took away one of the greatest moments of your life. I have no problem with Steve Bartman, but it bothers me when people act like that play wasn't a big deal. It was a big deal, and anybody who follows the Cubs knows that.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cubs fans blame Bartman because that WAS the turning point. Up until that moment, it was pretty much a foregone conclusion. At that moment, the doubts and the thoughts of curses came back into everyone's mind. There was just a general feeling that we were going to lose the game and the series from that moment on. It's hard to describe unless you are a Cubs fan, but there is an ominous feeling that floats over Wrigley Field that something will always go wrong. Bartman reminded everyone of that.

Is what happened to him unfair? Probably. At the same time, Cubs fans invested thousands of dollars and hours into that team. It's alright to have empathy while realizing that this man took away one of the greatest moments of your life. I have no problem with Steve Bartman, but it bothers me when people act like that play wasn't a big deal. It was a big deal, and anybody who follows the Cubs knows that.

It was a big deal because Moises Alou made it a big deal. If he doesn't throw a temper tantrum, it's just another whatever play and the Cubs probably keep the momentum going and win.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What I thought was cool with buckner and didn't know besides the fact he predicted the ball rolling thrlugh his legs 12 days earlier. They showed a pic of him walking off the field at shea and he is wearing a cubs batting glove! Spooky!

Hey I get it if I was a cubs fan I probably would be one of Those mad at him and maybe even still mad at him

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
that's true but I'm sure with all the replays fox would've mentioned it. maybe he wouldve got out of the stadium but he wasn't getting away.

going back to his friends. what do u say to him when he gets back to the hotel? What do u say to them if your him?

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched it the other night. Kinda sad. I really didn't understand all the crap he went through during and after the game until now.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a Cub fan for almost 16 years and a line by the "30-year Cub fan whose wife was only a fan for 3-4 years" really pissed me off deep down Don't remember his name I'll have to watch it again but he was like 'If you weren't a Cub fan before the 90's you had no idea what the curse was or what the feeling is when the slightest thing goes wrong' BULL SHIT! I may not have been a fan during 84 (I was a year old and living in PA) or 89 (Didn't know what baseball was) but to say that anyone who becomes a fan before 1990 don't know heartbreak is a damn lie. I've been thru 97,01 03,04 and 08 which makes up for it I think. Other than that i loved the movie and it brought back memories but I did learn a couple things. Did you know after game 6 Moises Alou booked a flight home even before game 7? not to New york for game 1 of the World Series his HOME COUNTRY! i heard that and i was furious

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed it BUT even when that happened my heart goes out to bartman. The look on his face said it all he knew and you could tell he was devastated. Then to make it worse all of cubs nation is literally trying to fight him when he was just doing the same thing that I'd bet my life at least 50 % of the people in the stadium would have done... probably way more

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Everyone in the stadium wouldve done the same thing like the woman said everyone wanted a piece of history they wanted the ball. I get what the guy who was 30 years of pain compared to his wife who was 4 years into it. She hasn't earned the right to be that upset.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't the Cubs blow a 3 games to 1 lead in that series?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yes they did sir!

also amazing that bartman didnt even try to cash in on his story. i guess thats pretty noble of him but also pretty stupid. if your going to give me that much crap well then i will make the most of it!