• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone picking up Antonio Brown?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, theres need for his services, no doubts.
There was also need for Ray Rice's services, Kaepernick's,...I don't think him currently being unemployed has anything to do with him picking or not picking a team, and everything to do with putting up with his crap, his distractions, and his off field legal concerns

Neither were putting up the stats for 20 fantasy pts per game when teams didn't take a chance.
Kaep isn't a good comparison after the shield paid him out for black balling him as well, Rice looked washed before his incident

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I have a roster spot that's just sitting there, sure. Like if I'm carrying a back up QB that I could get later on or maybe drop another lesser receiver that I'm not playing and there's other decent options on the wire just in case Brown doesn't pan out. No real harm in either of those situations. But if the drop isn't obvious, you shouldn't do it.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither were putting up the stats for 20 fantasy pts per game when teams didn't take a chance.
Kaep isn't a good comparison after the shield paid him out for black balling him as well, Rice looked washed before his incident
True, but the only part of the comparison that matters is, they have more BS going on in thier heads, in thier legal world or whatever, than teams wanna deal with. Doesn't matter what they want, who they want to or don't want to play for..no one wants them, and that lack of want is more to do with stuff not in any way related to thier physical abilities.

The specific circumstances that are entirely different for all of them, have nothing to do with the overall point of thier employment, or lack thereof, having anything to do with thier abilities, or thier choice of employers

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was also need for Ray Rice's services, Kaepernick's,...
I get what you're throwing down but i disagree that the situations are the same. Even you had documented how Kaep's numbers were tailing off and he just wasnt the same playmaker anymore. AB was still a top-10 WR draft pick in 2019.

If AB finds the right team, the right helmet, and the right balance of medications or social media therapists, he can be a fantasy asset.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you're throwing down but i disagree that the situations are the same. Even you had documented how Kaep's numbers were tailing off and he just wasnt the same playmaker anymore. AB was still a top-10 WR draft pick in 2019.

If AB finds the right team, the right helmet, and the right balance of medications or social media therapists, he can be a fantasy asset.
Honestly. Think he’s found those meds and therapists. Since his court appointed mental health. He’s been pretty quiet

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No not A. Brown, but I picked up Leveon Bell.

He's been awful with the Jets, and is now a backup at best behind CEH. I have Bell in my keeper league, but that may not be for long.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, I'm not trying to day the situations are the SAME, just that they're similar in regards to the players in question all having something significant left to offer, but off field issues outweighing it, at least to the point where if they were to get a second chance, it wouldn't exactly be up to them as to where that chance would be.

Rice still had plenty offer, would've been 29 after his suspension was over. Would he ever be a threat for 1500 all purpose again? No, but, easily could've been someone's 3rd down/ COP back

Hell, word around Denver was that Elway was sniffing around Kaeps just this off season, right up until Kaeps blasted the league for thier "social justice" awareness measures being "too little, too late" or "hollow", or whatever he said.

Brown may very well be an exception where what he has left outweighs his craziness, but I sure as hell don't want him on my Raiders or my Cowboys.

BTW, how the F do you " serve" an 8 game suspension in the unemployment line?? Don't you need to have a job, to have 8 games to be suspended for??

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I'm not trying to day the situations are the SAME, just that they're similar in regards to the players in question all having something significant left to offer, but off field issues outweighing it, at least to the point where if they were to get a second chance, it wouldn't exactly be up to them as to where that chance would be.

Rice still had plenty offer, would've been 29 after his suspension was over. Would he ever be a threat for 1500 all purpose again? No, but, easily could've been someone's 3rd down/ COP back

Hell, word around Denver was that Elway was sniffing around Kaeps just this off season, right up until Kaeps blasted the league for thier "social justice" awareness measures being "too little, too late" or "hollow", or whatever he said.

Brown may very well be an exception where what he has left outweighs his craziness, but I sure as hell don't want him on my Raiders or my Cowboys.

BTW, how the F do you " serve" an 8 game suspension in the unemployment line?? Don't you need to have a job, to have 8 games to be suspended for??
They still may extend it

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any way that lunatic helps a team this year. And he might never again. I just don't think he's capable of not being an idiot. Remember, he was an idiot the whole time he was on the Steelers too, they just put up with his shit because he was really good. It's not like he just all of the sudden has a problem, he's had a long history of acting like a jackass. As long as social media is still in existence he won't be capable of staying out of trouble. And the Seahawks certainly don't need him anyway.

LeroyOU12

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been awful with the Jets, and is now a backup at best behind CEH. I have Bell in my keeper league, but that may not be for long.
I do the same with Bell as you.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 256458

To be completely honest, I'd much rather pick up this dude

I'll have to pass. I'm not even sure that owning Hollywood Brown is worth it. Lamar, Andrews, the defense, and Tucker are the only Ravens I would start. I do wish they make Dobbins fantasy relevant when they come back after the bye. Please!!! LOL.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you go back 2 years (exactly), he has been on 3 teams (PIT, OAK, NE).
In those 2 years, he has played 10 games.
Targets = 104 (10.4 per game)
Receptions = 68 (6.8 per game)
Yards = 875 (87.5 per game)
TD = 10 (1 per game)

That's an average of 20 PPR points per game.
Is he a nutjob? Yes!
But 20 points per game!
He's a dart throw.
But he's gotta be worth dumping some hype guy that you're patiently waiting on (too long) to come around with the fantasy season halfway over.

Okay, I've given in to the hype. As soon as Mostert officially got ruled out, I put him on IR and used the open spot to grab Antonio Brown.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone just offered me Chark for Antonio Brown. Would you accept or decline?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rejected the Chark for Antonio Brown offer. Now, the guy just added Ingram to try to sweeten the deal. LOL.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would've taken it before the Ingram add

I am surprised by all the interest. I don't think Chark helps my team, though. I wouldn't start him over AROB, Ridley, Boyd, or Lamb.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would've taken it before the Ingram add

I sent a counter offer. AROB and Antonio Brown for Tyreek and Gibson.