• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone picking up Antonio Brown?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I just wouldn't own him. It's a personal thing - - talented - absolutely, puts up reasonable numbers - yes, head screwed on straight - NO.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I just wouldn't own him. It's a personal thing - - talented - absolutely, puts up reasonable numbers - yes, head screwed on straight - NO.

I would bet anything that he has CTE. He was always outgoing, but not a trouble maker until he took those monster hits.

In other words, his bad behavior might not be all his fault.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would bet anything that he has CTE. He was always outgoing, but not a trouble maker until he took those monster hits.

He was always a trouble maker behind the scenes… tomlin and company kept him under wraps. Then he exploded. Obv more going on, but this wasnt out of no where. Some of the things coaches have said about him.

Just one of many reports.

I told @FaCe-LeE-uS a while ago. I personally think he has a major psychiatric disorder. When he finally got court ordered counseling and mental health treatment, he miraculously stopped all that stuff. My guess is some meds to control things, and some counseling. CTE may also be there, but things were happening behind the scenes with him and others for a while prior to the public stuff. More reason tomlins the man for Managing that locker room.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm with SP on this... Have to disagree T. AB was an outright egotistical dick from the start. As a rookie he had numerous fights in camp with Ike Taylor & Ryan Clark. And it continued for years. The Steelers kept it bottled up and rarely let it materialize outside of PIT. It was easier for fans to stomach at the time because of his all-pro transcendence and everyone just wanted to chalk it up as AB being a fiery competitor. After his exodus from PIT numerous Steeler alums came forward to confirm the reports of AB's true nature being kept under wraps.

I think the sudden change towards 2017-2018 had a lot more to do with his frustrations over the team & his involvement within it. It's no secret that he was unhappy how much attention Juju Smith-Schuster got as a rookie & the year after. But not only that, AB was flat out frustrated with this team falling on its face time & time again. The Steelers have been squandering talent for a decade now. I don't blame him for wanting out, but the way he did it was foul. He burned every bridge he could on the way out. And at that point he figured out he could command whatever the hell he wanted, and his resulting ego had grown out of control.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell is wrong with this guy?

Antonio Brown left Tampa's Week 17 game versus the Jets in the middle of the third quarter after throwing off his shoulder pads and "boiling over" on the sidelines per FOX sideline reporter Jen Hale.​

Brown threw his shirt and gloves into the stands and ran off the field with a peace sign for the Jets fans. There's no physical reason why Brown isn't on the field, but obviously quitting on the team in an extremely public way does not bode well for him keeping his job. Brown had three catches for 26 yards on five targets before leaving.
And on a playoff team with Tom Brady?!?!
:scratch:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the question that titles this thread is now posed to 30+ team owners...and I'm gonna guess "No"
I knew the AB chatter would take off after his antics today. I had 4 or 5 threads here on the fantasy board he was mentioned in "the title". Was more of a pick your poison thread guess to pick up where someone else left off...

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew the AB chatter would take off after his antics today. I had 4 or 5 threads here on the fantasy board he was mentioned in "the title". Was more of a pick your poison thread guess to pick up where someone else left off...
Well, all I'll say about it that if he can't last a season with Brady as a personal cheerleader, he can't last anywhere. .... gone and good riddance - think he's had enough 'chances'.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn vaccine card cost me my window to trade him in D2.

Oh well.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody's picking him up here today. We have a couple of inches of snow, the Nervous Nellies are panicking, and trash pickup has been delayed until tomorrow.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same for us in D1. .... sucks to not have a crystal ball. ...

I am in an unplanned rebuild year, so definitely wanted to move him.

Never really got the chance after week 6. Kept waiting for him to prove healthy and he never made it back in time.

Doesn’t take a crystal ball to know a rebuilder should trade a 33 year old WR even if he wasn’t totally crazy.

Different story for someone trying to compete.