• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone hearing any Seahawk rumors?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been a remarkably quiet year for the Hawks in free agency. We've lost a few guys that were 2nd or 3rd tier level so that isn't too exciting. The Earl Thomas saga was only interesting to see where he'd eventually end up going.

So far our big moves:
  • signing a kicker that we once released. But I do like this move. The kid looked really good last year. and we needed a new kicker.
  • re-signing KJ Wright. I really like KJ so I like this move too.
  • signed Kendricks. I like this guy but I'm sure he's going to be suspended for a bunch of games.

And that's about it.

Has anyone been hearing anything interesting about losing or gaining players? It's been crickets so far out of the Seahawks front offices.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a fairly quiet Seattle offseason. Not hearing any rumors, but I'm not sure that's a bad thing. Our priorities this season were finding a kicker (we did that, although I'll argue we overpaid), and resigning Clark/Wright (we did both of those, although Clark is FTagged and has said he wont play unless we long term pay him).

Outside of that... I think we're okay. No reason to overspend on anyone. The DL/TE class is pretty deep and fortunately we have needs in both of those areas, so we can fill accordingly. I would like to see Fluker resign with us given his contribution in the run game... but... whatever. IMO shift Ifedi back to RG where I think he can contribute to a similar level (guy is just not a right tackle). Edit: and Harold just posted a signing regarding Iupati. I'll take that for a replacement in Fluker.

snoopgoofdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Kendricks goes he has already served an 8 game suspension last year so its all about the court and whether he goes to jail. The league has already punished him. Time served.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the quiet approach. Splashy FA moves rarely work out for teams. The first wave of free agency definitely favors the players.

Let the other teams pay the big money and/or make the trades for flash over substance (Antonio Brown, OBJ, Bell, etc) and let's focus on the trenches and bringing back key players.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the quiet approach. Splashy FA moves rarely work out for teams. The first wave of free agency definitely favors the players.

Let the other teams pay the big money and/or make the trades for flash over substance (Antonio Brown, OBJ, Bell, etc) and let's focus on the trenches and bringing back key players.

Agreed.

So I must be the minority on Brown/OBJ/Bell, but I gave poor grades to ALL the acquiring teams.

Bell - out of football for a season, one joint away from a year suspension, the Jets have a bottom 10 OL/Pittsburgh has a top 5 OL and Conner is living proof of that... was majorly fat on a Sea Doo a year ago, I doubt he's in better shape, or will just let himself go. Clearly about money, not about winning/football. Going from a HOF QB to basically a rookie who played pretty poorly in a shit division (outside of NWE).

Brown - So... you're going to pay a 30 year old DIVA wideout who has a TON of targets, but can't pay a top 5 recently turned 28 year old pass rusher. Okay, Oakland. Hey the trade was solid, the aftermath was retarded.

OBJ - I just... okay. OBJ is a top 3-5 wideout talent wise, but he's a diva and has an injury history. I get the Giants wont be able to draft anyone near his talent level at 17, but acquiring a young good safety and an extra couple high/mid round picks while trading a WR who played 16 games in the last two years... uh, okay? Fine? In addition, the Giants obtained a top 5 guard in Zeitler from the Browns, which automatically downgrades their blocking situation. Look I get OBJ is a rare talent, but IMO (and it appears to be the SOLE opinion on the Internet from what I've seen) the Giants made out like bandits. They unload a ridiculous contract, a DIVA/injury prone WR, and for a team that's not going to compete realistically for a couple years, can draft defense and secure a new QB - who will receive far more help with a sound running game (thanks Barkley/Zeitler) than a bitchy WR.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

So I must be the minority on Brown/OBJ/Bell, but I gave poor grades to ALL the acquiring teams.

Bell - out of football for a season, one joint away from a year suspension, the Jets have a bottom 10 OL/Pittsburgh has a top 5 OL and Conner is living proof of that... was majorly fat on a Sea Doo a year ago, I doubt he's in better shape, or will just let himself go. Clearly about money, not about winning/football. Going from a HOF QB to basically a rookie who played pretty poorly in a shit division (outside of NWE).

Brown - So... you're going to pay a 30 year old DIVA wideout who has a TON of targets, but can't pay a top 5 recently turned 28 year old pass rusher. Okay, Oakland. Hey the trade was solid, the aftermath was retarded.

OBJ - I just... okay. OBJ is a top 3-5 wideout talent wise, but he's a diva and has an injury history. I get the Giants wont be able to draft anyone near his talent level at 17, but acquiring a young good safety and an extra couple high/mid round picks while trading a WR who played 16 games in the last two years... uh, okay? Fine? In addition, the Giants obtained a top 5 guard in Zeitler from the Browns, which automatically downgrades their blocking situation. Look I get OBJ is a rare talent, but IMO (and it appears to be the SOLE opinion on the Internet from what I've seen) the Giants made out like bandits. They unload a ridiculous contract, a DIVA/injury prone WR, and for a team that's not going to compete realistically for a couple years, can draft defense and secure a new QB - who will receive far more help with a sound running game (thanks Barkley/Zeitler) than a bitchy WR.
I think the acquiring teams will all regret it as well. I really don't see Bell being as effective behind a lesser line (like when DeMarco Murray went from Dallas to Philly and did zero), and big money WRs just don't drive winning/championships in the salary cap era NFL. Money is best spent on QB, OL, pass rushers, and CBs.

Hillbillyzombie

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the acquiring teams will all regret it as well. I really don't see Bell being as effective behind a lesser line (like when DeMarco Murray went from Dallas to Philly and did zero), and big money WRs just don't drive winning/championships in the salary cap era NFL. Money is best spent on QB, OL, pass rushers, and CBs.
Very true.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel Bell is WAY OVERRATED. Every time I watched him play he'd sit in the backfield waiting for the hole before taking off and I think the Jets Oline means he's going to be waiting so long that he's going to get 1-2 loss more often than not. Plus I could easily see Bell in the preseason pulling a hammy which lasts all season. One of those nagging injuries he never recovers from because he sat out last year while not maintaining his body. How often do we hear from x players say practicing (or not) is not the same as live games. The speed/impact on the body takes a while to get back into playing shape.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm so happy to hear about this signing from a personal reason. My sophomore year at the University of Idaho was the year Iupati entered the draft. It was all everyone on campus wanted to talk about. (Are school is not known for high draft class players obviously). Anyways my roommate was in school to become a physical therapist and they where allowed help treat the football players. My roommate asked if I could come along one time and I got to meet him, he was really cool and down to earth. It was a couple of months before the draft where he went in the first round, I was so disappointed the Cardinals drafted him cause I know I couldn't root for him but I've followed his whole career. In ways, I'm super happy to see him join the team and knowing I finally am able to openly root for him. GO Iupati, GO HAWKS! :D:D

:suds:

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so happy to hear about this signing from a personal reason. My sophomore year at the University of Idaho was the year Iupati entered the draft. It was all everyone on campus wanted to talk about. (Are school is not known for high draft class players obviously). Anyways my roommate was in school to become a physical therapist and they where allowed help treat the football players. My roommate asked if I could come along one time and I got to meet him, he was really cool and down to earth. It was a couple of months before the draft where he went in the first round, I was so disappointed the Cardinals drafted him cause I know I couldn't root for him but I've followed his whole career. In ways, I'm super happy to see him join the team and knowing I finally am able to openly root for him. GO Iupati, GO HAWKS! :D:D

:suds:
It was actually the 49ers who drafted him, but yeah at the time that was the last team I wanted to see him go to. Sounds like the Hawks got a good deal here as long as he can stay healthy. Iupati has worked with Solari before in SF which I'm sure helped get him here.

I never met the guy but I used to see him damn near every day in the commons. Dude's gigantic. Consensus All-American in college and 2012 First Team All-Pro. Extremely unlikely a guy like that ever comes through Idaho again.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nelson a couple years ago sure Nelson now? no thank you.

Although Nelson was released so signing him wouldn't hurt Seattles comp picks

Last edited:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nelson a couple years ago sure Nelson now? no thank you.

Although Nelson was released so signing him wouldn't hurt Seattles comp picks

If he comes on the cheap end it wouldn't be a bad signing.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

Tomlin and Roethlisberger abused Bell. He averaged something like 25 touches a game. He may still only be 27 years old, but he is an old 27 and overworked RBs tend to start their career decline early. He's had a year to recoup but I still think his best years are behind him. Wouldn't surprise if he never has another 1000 yard rushing season. His signing may be the worst for a team this off season.

Brown is going to see what a difference it makes going from Roethlisberger to Carr. He may have a couple more 1000 yard seasons left in him but his best years are definitely in the rear view mirror.