• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone else worried about the Bucs game?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Winston (who can be capable at times) and Evans get hot we could have a long day again. I have about zero faith in our secondary outside of maybe Griffin. I really hope Diggs is able to go and brings a tiny bit of the Earl Thomas confidence back to the safety position. I don't expect him to be ET, but if he can play to his pro bowl level again that would be good enough for me.

The Bucs are a team the Hawks should beat on paper, but I'm just not super confident this weekend for some reason. Call it a hunch. Plus, our home-field advantage hasn't been all that killer this year either and we just lost our starting center for the season. I really hope I'm wrong but I wouldn't be shocked at all if the Bucs pulled the upset.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Winston (who can be capable at times) and Evans get hot we could have a long day again. I have about zero faith in our secondary outside of maybe Griffin. I really hope Diggs is able to go and brings a tiny bit of the Earl Thomas confidence back to the safety position. I don't expect him to be ET, but if he can play to his pro bowl level again that would be good enough for me.

The Bucs are a team the Hawks should beat on paper, but I'm just not super confident this weekend for some reason. Call it a hunch. Plus, our home-field advantage hasn't been all that killer this year either and we just lost our starting center for the season. I really hope I'm wrong but I wouldn't be shocked at all if the Bucs pulled the upset.

I think we win this weekend. The defense has been unreliable but at least ball hawking. I would be surprised if we don't pick off Winston at least a couple of times.

Hopefully Flowers and Diggs are back.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we win this weekend. The defense has been unreliable but at least ball hawking. I would be surprised if we don't pick off Winston at least a couple of times.

Hopefully Flowers and Diggs are back.

I guess OJ Howard is out too. So that helps. According to NFL.com we given up the 5th most yards to opposing TE's in the league this year.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be a shootout. Bucs have a decent run D but Russ should have a field day against their secondary. On the other hand whoever lines up on Flowers/King, whether it be Evans or Godwin, is going to eat some Seahawk ass. Winston probably throws for 350 and 3 TDs.

SHOULD be a win but this team has given two games away at home already this year. Wouldn't surprise me if the Bucs won. Arians has a knack for beating Seattle in Seattle.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we win, we'll have to put up at least 27pts imo... Arians knows this Hawks team and our defensive scheme very well... This game scares me the most because on paper, we should win this at home and it's the kind of game we need to win with the tough part of the schedule coming up...

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Hawks should win but I'd consider it a really scary game for them because their are a couple of match ups that aren't in their favor.

Bucs have the best run defense in the league and it's not even close which is a problem for Seattle who wants to run the ball a lot.

The Bucs have a pretty good passing attack and the Hawks have a less than stellar pass defense to put it kindly. If Winston gets on a roll he can quickly put up points with the guys he has to throw to.

But the reason the Hawks should win is the Buc's pass defense is terrible so even if they stop the run Wilson should have no problem putting up points. The other reason is Winston is a turnover machine so even if they Buc's move the ball Winston is likely to turn it over a couple times which gives Wilson even more chances to score.

The only way I see the Buc's winning this is if Winston plays a mostly clean game. Because I could see a scenario where the Bucs simply outscore the Hawks due to Arians being more aggressive on offense than what the Hawks will be.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks should win but I'd consider it a really scary game for them because their are a couple of match ups that aren't in their favor.

Bucs have the best run defense in the league and it's not even close which is a problem for Seattle who wants to run the ball a lot.

The Bucs have a pretty good passing attack and the Hawks have a less than stellar pass defense to put it kindly. If Winston gets on a roll he can quickly put up points with the guys he has to throw to.

But the reason the Hawks should win is the Buc's pass defense is terrible so even if they stop the run Wilson should have no problem putting up points. The other reason is Winston is a turnover machine so even if they Buc's move the ball Winston is likely to turn it over a couple times which gives Wilson even more chances to score.

The only way I see the Buc's winning this is if Winston plays a mostly clean game. Because I could see a scenario where the Bucs simply outscore the Hawks due to Arians being more aggressive on offense than what the Hawks will be.

Pretty much agree with this. I expect the Hawks to win because we have Russ and they have Winston.

Of course, given how pig headed our coaches are they may just try to force running the ball no matter what.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is it will be a close game because that's how are coaches like to play...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They turned their backs on Lamar Jackson and he ran all over them so hopefully they spy Winston and contain him. Shut the run down and force him to pass and he'll make a mistake or two. On paper they should win by 10 so probably/hopefully win by 7.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro Evans is going to smack us around and not only him Goodwin too I think we are going to get diced in the secondary. I am not sure if I would want diggs out there because the secondary is the most important part of the defense if they are used to communicating with one another or not on the same page then its going to be 55 yard TD bomb going right over the heads. thank god we haven't had our bye week yet that will be a great time to get our guys in sync.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They turned their backs on Lamar Jackson and he ran all over them so hopefully they spy Winston and contain him. Shut the run down and force him to pass and he'll make a mistake or two. On paper they should win by 10 so probably/hopefully win by 7.
But Winston isn't in Lamar Jackson's universe as a runner. When we played Balt, Jackson was probably faster than everyone on our defense but Shaq. I think we have 2 starting DL faster than the crab leg thief.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no more worried about this game than any other time we play a losing team at home. And I know we're only 2-2 at home this year, but those losses were at least to very good teams...and we spotted them each a couple scores early.

TB has a very good run D, but they're still giving up 30+ points a game. Only 2 other teams are doing that. Winston has like 78 turnovers since coming into the league. Russell has as many kids as 2019 turnovers.

Jarran Reed's 3rd game, should be ramping up to a normal level of football shape by now. Blair and hopefully Diggs taking on bigger roles. It won't be a shutout, but I think the D steps up a bit this game.

When was the last time we lost at home to a bad team?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the last time we lost at home to a bad team?

To answer my own question, probably in 2017 vs Redskins? That was the game where Walsh missed like 92 field goals.

Some may say the last game of 2017 vs Cardinals, but at least AZ didn't have a losing record that year....and of course that was our worst season in the entire RW era.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Winston isn't in Lamar Jackson's universe as a runner. When we played Balt, Jackson was probably faster than everyone on our defense but Shaq. I think we have 2 starting DL faster than the crab leg thief.

You're correct, he is a poor man Lamar Jackson but he does have some legs to make plays. Main thing is keeping both WRs from that explosive killer play. Secondary will have their hands full and need to play smart.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Jameis Winston doesn't shit the bed, it'll be a closer game than any of us would prefer.

My biggest concern which you didn't mention is how well the Bucs have played against the run. I believe they're first in the NFL in rushing yards allowed per game. Defending Ndamukong Suh and Vita Vea in the interior will be a difficult task. Not to mention the fact that Shaq Barrett somehow has 10 sacks in 7 games. With the Seahawks committing to using the run to set up the pass, that makes things a bit more difficult for us on offense.

I do think the Seahawks will win, but I do not think we will cover the spread unless Jameis Winston has another turnover prone day.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck I worry about beating every team on the schedule. I feel the Hawks can win/lose to anyone. Can beat a powerhouse and lose to a sad sack. Most games are close regardless of the opponent. So far so good, so I'm hopeful this continues.