• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone else want to smack the OC during the first td

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st and goal from the 1 and the first two plays you manage to get Wilson smashed....ahhhh hello Bevel, meet marshawn. He can find you one yard............and your qb who is getting killed wont get hit.

Why does he feel the need to get cute. Give lynch the damn ball

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st and goal from the 1 and the first two plays you manage to get Wilson smashed....ahhhh hello Bevel, meet marshawn. He can find you one yard............and your qb who is getting killed wont get hit.

OH man I was TICKED OFF… Bevell is doing his best job to get Wilson hurt and it's beyond ticking me off.. I have no idea WTF he's thinking…

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach… This line play is a joke… The play calling is putting Wilson in harms way for no #@$^ing reason… Tear into Bevell and protect your guy! Wilson is this teams leader and he's the most important offensive guy on that field and were KILLING HIM slowly!!! ENOUGH!!!!!! 7 sacks and not one I watched was on him.. running the ball with Wilson 2 times when it's 1st and goal from the 1 yard line… This is unacceptable and not smart football…. If Bevell is in control of this play calling you better pin him up against the wall in the locker room for Wilson's sake because your gonna lose him at some point if you keep getting him banged around… Wilson is the leader of this team so let's crack some heads so people within the organization realize that… Stand up for your guy because YOU KNOW HOW IMPORTANT HE IS!!!

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't mind the first call. It's not that outrageous to try it when the Rams D may be concentrating on Lynch and surprise them with Wilson. The Rams made a good play, and if Miller keeps his block, it most likely works.

That little defense said, there was not one reason to try it the second time. I know the adage is "if at first you don't succeed..." but this was absolutely horrible. I've been critical of Bevell in the past, but this must have been the worst play call all season.

hawkturnal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have the toughest SOB rb in the nfl and 3 tries to score from the 1 yard line.....use and abuse him, not your franchise qb......WTF???

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bevell has the ability to call a good offensive game, but sometimes he makes it harder than it has to be. Carroll saying that he shared Lynch frustrations had to be a message to Bevell to stop messing around so much and just give Lynch the ball. At least I hope that's how Bevell takes it.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bevell has the ability to call a good offensive game, but sometimes he makes it harder than it has to be. Carroll saying that he shared Lynch frustrations had to be a message to Bevell to stop messing around so much and just give Lynch the ball. At least I hope that's how Bevell takes it.

Seems like there is a little conflict between Bevell and Lynch… Pete better pour water on this fire and FAST like… I'm hoping Bevell isn't some egotistical jerk off that's not giving the ball to Lynch because he doesn't like Lynch for some personal reason… I heard Lynch did flip him off vs Arizona… Bevell better put his ego aside for the team's sake because he's risking our leader out there and I"m beyond ticked right now at Bevell… He has called some good games and I don't hate Bevell but it's kind of ironic that Lynch flips him off last week and now Lynch get's 7 @#$^ ing carries the entire game vs the Rams… AND NO HAND-OFF at the goal line…

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but then they scored a TD.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the first down play, RW clips Rice's leg as he goes by and down goes Rice as his ACL gave out, so that was another consequence of that dumb play call.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the first down play, RW clips Rice's leg as he goes by and down goes Rice as his ACL gave out, so that was another consequence of that dumb play call.

Agree that's why Im pretty pissed about it too. I thought Sidney was hurt on the pass he missed in the end zone originally but it was that first running play.

It sucks that it seems like the only we can run is through the zone-read sometimes. No reason not to just slam it up the middle with the beast!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I was wrong… Lynch had 8 carries not 7 … Wow I was way off they used him allot more than I thought!!! NOT!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yes, but then they scored a TD.

True, and all's well that end's well. As a rule of thumb for the future though; whenever we have 1st and Goal inside the 5, I'd like to see Lynch get the ball 2-3 times. With a power running formation and an RB like Lynch that is so great at yards after contact, our odds of getting a TD are very good.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach… This line play is a joke… The play calling is putting Wilson in harms way for no #@$^ing reason… Tear into Bevell and protect your guy! Wilson is this teams leader and he's the most important offensive guy on that field and were KILLING HIM slowly!!! ENOUGH!!!!!! 7 sacks and not one I watched was on him.. running the ball with Wilson 2 times when it's 1st and goal from the 1 yard line… This is unacceptable and not smart football…. If Bevell is in control of this play calling you better pin him up against the wall in the locker room for Wilson's sake because your gonna lose him at some point if you keep getting him banged around… Wilson is the leader of this team so let's crack some heads so people within the organization realize that… Stand up for your guy because YOU KNOW HOW IMPORTANT HE IS!!!

:deadhorse: :deadhorse:

You, Snuggs and I have been talking about this since week 1. It's scary because there was a thread started that delineated when we played against top line front 7's, we needed a different game plan. It was about the Screen game and Zach down the seams for our pass attack and that was with Okung and Breno. We lose those 2 and the garbage, kill our franchise Qb, fprmations and play calling hasn't changed.

I listed the Panthers, 9er's, Texans and Rams. I omitted Zona for some reason. Bevell still acts like he returns from Hawaii on the day of the game, grabs his laminated play sheet and trucks onto the field. It's not hyperbole to me.

We all love this squad and it isn't our goal to bash the organization, but I'm struggling with Bevell.

The screen game has been effective since the 80's. I remember when Roger Craig led the 9ers in pass receiving yds and caught 4 - 8 passes every week from Montana. He also rushed for 1000+ that year. Lynch should catch 50 balls a year. Bevell gets to look at film and most of us could be in the coordinators box and tell Bevell that we've run 30 empty backfields and we've completed 1 pass, had an intentional grounding, 5 holding calls and RWill has been pasted to the turf 25 times in that set.

Yet, he comes out running that worthless play. :noidea: He has all week to prepare and we've been seeing the same lousy formations at each area of the field. It's one of the reasons our red-zone O is lacking and why we gave up pts to Zona deep in our territory. Fullback dives on 4th down to get stopped and Rwill doesn't need anymore sneaks. We have a beast and we've been caging him up.

I wish CMike would learn some of the playbook blocking because I'm telling you right now, he's the explosive play guy we need out there. Run a 2 back set with CMike and Beast. D's wouldn't know who to pick up. CMike could swing out of the backfield for a screen on the weak side. Lynch could power run or also be ready for a screen on the strongside. The chit would work, especially after losing Rice. The RB's and TE's need way, way, way more involvement. :gaah:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:deadhorse: :deadhorse:

You, Snuggs and I have been talking about this since week 1. It's scary because there was a thread started that delineated when we played against top line front 7's, we needed a different game plan. It was about the Screen game and Zach down the seams for our pass attack and that was with Okung and Breno. We lose those 2 and the garbage, kill our franchise Qb, fprmations and play calling hasn't changed.

I listed the Panthers, 9er's, Texans and Rams. I omitted Zona for some reason. Bevell still acts like he returns from Hawaii on the day of the game, grabs his laminated play sheet and trucks onto the field. It's not hyperbole to me.

We all love this squad and it isn't our goal to bash the organization, but I'm struggling with Bevell.

The screen game has been effective since the 80's. I remember when Roger Craig led the 9ers in pass receiving yds and caught 4 - 8 passes every week from Montana. He also rushed for 1000+ that year. Lynch should catch 50 balls a year. Bevell gets to look at film and most of us could be in the coordinators box and tell Bevell that we've run 30 empty backfields and we've completed 1 pass, had an intentional grounding, 5 holding calls and RWill has been pasted to the turf 25 times in that set.

Yet, he comes out running that worthless play. :noidea: He has all week to prepare and we've been seeing the same lousy formations at each area of the field. It's one of the reasons our red-zone O is lacking and why we gave up pts to Zona deep in our territory. Fullback dives on 4th down to get stopped and Rwill doesn't need anymore sneaks. We have a beast and we've been caging him up.

I wish CMike would learn some of the playbook blocking because I'm telling you right now, he's the explosive play guy we need out there. Run a 2 back set with CMike and Beast. D's wouldn't know who to pick up. CMike could swing out of the backfield for a screen on the weak side. Lynch could power run or also be ready for a screen on the strongside. The chit would work, especially after losing Rice. The RB's and TE's need way, way, way more involvement. :gaah:

We spent our highest draft pick on Michael, and I hoped that meant we were gonna run so much that we needed 3 backs to handle all the touches. So far, Michael has barely seen the field, and Lynch and Turbin are both on pace to have fewer touches this season than last season. Don't understand why we have this 3 headed monster and then decided to use RBs less.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a quote from Carroll about last week: "Marshawn [Lynch] is going to get more involved than last week. That was not right and we didn’t get that done."

Just from reading that, it's fairly obvious that we're not the only ones unhappy with Bevell's play-calling last week. Carroll is going to be more diplomatic about it than most of the people here are, at least publicly, but I can't imagine that he didn't have a long conversation with Bevell about his apparent attempts at seeing how many hits Wilson can take without getting hurt. If Lynch doesn't get at least 25 touches this week after hardly seeing the ball last week, the play-calling duties should be passed on to someone who values Wilson's health and values the effectiveness of the offense.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's mind boggling that you have a top 5 RB and Bevell refused to run him more then 10 times, refused to run him on the 1 yd line on first and second down and refused to run some screens or draws. I get pissed off when the Hawks lose, but I get more pissed when I see piss poor play calling and changes aren't being made. I agree with a lot of posters, we need some NFL or College team to offer Bevell a job so we can get a new OC.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's mind boggling that you have a top 5 RB and Bevell refused to run him more then 10 times, refused to run him on the 1 yd line on first and second down and refused to run some screens or draws. I get pissed off when the Hawks lose, but I get more pissed when I see piss poor play calling and changes aren't being made. I agree with a lot of posters, we need some NFL or College team to offer Bevell a job so we can get a new OC.

Well the longer he leaves Wilson hanging out to dry, the less and less likely that is to happen. Nobody is going to want to hire a guy whose gameplans get his quarterback's butt kicked every week.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the longer he leaves Wilson hanging out to dry, the less and less likely that is to happen. Nobody is going to want to hire a guy whose gameplans get his quarterback's butt kicked every week.

You're right, if Wilson gets hurt before the playoffs and kills our chances for a Super Bowl run then Bevell needs to be fired on the spot.