• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone else here migrating from CBS forums?

dgonaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering if anyone else is here migrating from the Rockies CBSsportsline forums. It was the only site I could sit and talk about the Rockies and now that is pretty much done, hoping people show up here.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dgonaz..........there are a few Rockies fans who are on this Forum, now, so I think you'll be able to pick up where you left off..........I'll be visiting as well.

bored at work

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the regulars are posting on the 2013 ongoing thread. Good to see Silas has come over to, even though you make it harder to root against the Dodgers...

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, bored.........you don't have to root against the Dodgers. The way they're playing they're digging their own hole.:gaah:

4thefences

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm here now too. Hopefully our group from CBS will all come over

smf52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yay! Good to see you Fences and Silas. We're all gradually finding our way over here and maybe it will turn into something approximating what we once had.

What is up with the Dodgers, Silas? I mean besides the injuries.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smf.........the injuries are probably the number one problem, but the real problem is that the Dodgers don't have enough reinforcements to plug the holes. Guys like Sellers, Cruz, Uribe, and Punto are not going to carry the load while the Dodgers wait for Hanley to come back and Kemp to rediscover his stroke (though he is hitting better of late).

Losing Greinke certainly didn't help, nor Billingsley......that's 2/3 of the rotation. Couple that with Beckett's ineffectiveness overall and reliance on guys like Capuano (also on the DL now) and Steve Fife, and the problems just get worse.

But, that's the way the game goes sometimes, and as a team you just have to carry on as well as possible and hope guys start playing up to their typical level.

Fortunately, it's still early, so we'll see.

P.S. I just noticed I was promoted from "junior member" to "member". Boy, am I thrilled!! :clap:

67RedSox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silas, I hope you're still prepared to talk to us little people now that you've been promoted.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, RS67..........it is an accomplishment I will probably struggle to comprehend. In the meantime, you should all address me as "Member Silas"!! :lol:

smf52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Member Silas-

I would like nothing better than to see Matt Kemp return to his former self except against the Rockies. This is for purely selfish reasons as I have been starting Kemp all year long in my second fantasy team, waiting for him to break out.

What is wrong with Kershaw as well? I got a negative start from him recently and the others lately are producing points well under 10. I love the 69 points that I got the first week but lately he has been a little bit of a dud- not that I am planning to drop him. Do you think he might have undisclosed arm problems?

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard of any physical concerns about Kershaw, though pitchers can be reluctant to disclose problems sometimes. Last year he did have a hip problem and maybe it is flaring up on him and he is adjusting his mechanics to compensate. Don't know, but, unless he truly is hurt, I think he'll be ok.

It would probably also help him if the team scored a few more runs for him.