• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone buying the tired excuse

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In regards to the first game vs the Eagles. I'm really trying to make myself believe we can win but they throttled our ass so bad in Dallas it's hard. I know we made a ton of mistakes. Philly has even said we were a tired looking team.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like all great disasters ...it's the combination of many factors. Yea they got in at 5 am that morning and Romo did not takes his usual Wednesday shot. For the record, the NFL is putting in a rule that if you play Sunday night. you can't play Thursday.

But can even a rested line especially the interior handle Cox and these guys again? Romo had a full weeks rest and took his shot for the bears but that was not a 100% Romo on the field. He looked like a guy who can't throw the ball as hard as he wants to.

The Cowboys admitted themselves that were not prepared for some of the things the Eagles threw at them. So now JG knows what to look for and he has the Seattle blue print. He does not have Seattle defense but he could allow almost 3 times the yards and still wins this thing.

I don't think you will see the same dominance this time around. The Cowboys have gotten themselves trap in a corner. I learned the hard way years ago that is when a cat is the most dangerous.

If nothing else, this Cowboys team has shown it can win the close games.

Go Cowboys!

Last edited by a moderator:

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like all great disasters ...it's the combination of many factors. Yea they got in at 5 am that morning and Romo did not takes his usual Wednesday shot. For the record, the NFL is putting in a rule that if you play Sunday night. you can't play Thursday.

But can even a rested line especially the interior handle Cox and these guys again? Romo had a full weeks rest and took his shot for the bears but that was not a 100% Romo on the field. He looked like a guy who can't throw the ball as hard as he wants to.

The Cowboys admitted themselves that were not prepared for some of the things the Eagles threw at them. So now JG knows what to look for and he has the Seattle blue print. He does not have Seattle defense but he could allow almost 3 times the yards and still wins this thing.

I don't think you will see the same dominance this time around. The Cowboys have gotten themselves trap in a corner. I learned the hard way years ago that is when a cat is the most dangerous.

If nothing else, this Cowboys team has shown it can win the close games.

Go Cowboys!
To put this season in perspective, the Cowboys are overachieving. That defense is not playoff or championship material at this point. However, I still hope we can win, but I see a good shot at something next year with more pieces on d.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. The eye test for me says we are not as good as some of the elite teams- but we have won some games this season that would have gone the other way last year or the year before. The thing that bothers me is with exception of Lee we have had pretty good luck with injuries is season. I know Claiborne and Durant have been out most of the year as well but I really think that will improve our team for next year. It's a shame we may have to win 12 to get in, because that would be some damn good experience for these guys. Anything can happen though.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To put this season in perspective, the Cowboys are overachieving. That defense is not playoff or championship material at this point. However, I still hope we can win, but I see a good shot at something next year with more pieces on d.

Dallas D is 17th in points against without our best defensive player. That's NFL average. I'll take it for this year when even the rational fans amongst us were saying we could be low 20's if things broke our way. Is that a championship D? Probably not, but all along its been our offense that is supposed to carry the team to any level of success we may have this year...

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Dallas tired? Yes, they had just played a physical game against a divisional opponent. You try taking a beating for 70 or so snaps, fly back home in the wee hours of the morning, get little rest or practice and see how you fair just 4 days later. Is Philly the better team, maybe but if the shoe had been the other way around who knows.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will go with 40- 24. Cowboys

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas D is 17th in points against without our best defensive player. That's NFL average. I'll take it for this year when even the rational fans amongst us were saying we could be low 20's if things broke our way. Is that a championship D? Probably not, but all along its been our offense that is supposed to carry the team to any level of success we may have this year...

I am sorry, but that d is below average. The offense has kept them off the field more this year than last. That is the only difference. They can't stop any team. Smoke and mirrors.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sorry, but that d is below average. The offense has kept them off the field more this year than last. That is the only difference. They can't stop any team. Smoke and mirrors.

There is no way a 19th ranked defense is getting to the super bowl right?

(Especially one that was 27th in pass defense.)

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way a 19th ranked defense is getting to the super bowl right?

(Especially one that was 27th in pass defense.)

If they get to the super bowl with defense, Rod M should go straight to Canton lol

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they get to the super bowl with defense, Rod M should go straight to Canton lol

Well, that was Denver's stats last year. Now of course there pass rush was much better but for a team that made it the SB ...there sure did give up a ton of yards.

If you were going to build an offense that could overcome an average at best defense ...it would look like the Cowboys offense. The problem is if that offense can't get going ...it gets ugly.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB is many peoples choice to go to the Super Bowl. I watched one man off a bad team dominate them last week. Now Atlantas offense is pretty good , but GB has holes too

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB is many peoples choice to go to the Super Bowl. I watched one man off a bad team dominate them last week. Now Atlantas offense is pretty good , but GB has holes too
The Packers played vanilla defense in the 2nd half against the Falcons.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey ..Buffalo is #1 in sacks. Tomorrow could just be one of those days for AR.

This year is just full of surprises.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,747.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's difficult to sweep a Division rival. Dallas should win, I don't see Romo having another poor game this Sunday. I'm sure he's been watching a lot of game film from the last time they played.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their best CB must have been playing strawberry then because he was benched.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that was Denver's stats last year. Now of course there pass rush was much better but for a team that made it the SB ...there sure did give up a ton of yards.

If you were going to build an offense that could overcome an average at best defense ...it would look like the Cowboys offense. The problem is if that offense can't get going ...it gets ugly.

Good point. Our best defense is the offense. I hope this is the game that the d steps up if the offense struggles early.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The secondary has played better this season. The pass rush has almost been non existent. Lawrence was not worth the trade up. So we need to get Ro McClain signed to pair with Lee and burn a 1st on a defensive lineman. We also need to get murray and dez signed. Carter can sign for a pittance or move on. We also need to snag a safety or corner early on. I really think patmon needs to be on the field much more. The main problem on offense is the back and rib injuries to romo. The eagle secondary is not very good and a healthy romo would shred it. Romo is not right which will make it difficult to win tonight.