• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anybody watching the OSU/Penn St game?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started watching it just to check out Justin Fields. OSU QBs still scare the shitt outta me when it comes to what they do in the pros, but I will say. Fields has been very accurate and can make all the throws. Impressive outing for Fields no doubt. Dare I say, he looks like a baller.....but, at the same time quite a few QBs have looked like ballers at OSU only to enter the NFL and turn into as coach would say, poop.

One player who doesn't look likke he'll become poop in the NFL is Penn State's Jahan Dotson. The kid just made two outstanding catches in a row. The last one being a one handed snag, looked like he was snatchin a rebound from above the rim, for a 21 yd TD.

Damn. Fields just threw another damn near picture perfect 25 yd dime.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started watching it just to check out Justin Fields. OSU QBs still scare the shitt outta me when it comes to what they do in the pros, but I will say. Fields has been very accurate and can make all the throws. Impressive outing for Fields no doubt. Dare I say, he looks like a baller.....but, at the same time quite a few QBs have looked like ballers at OSU only to enter the NFL and turn into as coach would say, poop.

One player who doesn't look likke he'll become poop in the NFL is Penn State's Jahan Dotson. The kid just made two outstanding catches in a row. The last one being a one handed snag, looked like he was snatchin a rebound from above the rim, for a 21 yd TD.

Fields does look like he has all the skills, can make all the throws, is accurate and can run the ball too. The OSU QB thing scares me.

What drives me nuts is he declared for Penn State, then changed and went to GA and when he didn't beat Fromm out transferred to OSU.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields does look like he has all the skills, can make all the throws, is accurate and can run the ball too. The OSU QB thing scares me.

What drives me nuts is he declared for Penn State, then changed and went to GA and when he didn't beat Fromm out transferred to OSU.

Heh. Yeah, they showed a soundbite from an interview he did and he spoke on declaring for Penn St. Than changed his mind after watching a Penn St/OSU game. That's gotta be a kick in the ass to Penn St fans.

Gotta say I'm stunned he didn't beat out Fromm. I saw a game of Fromm's last year or year before. From what I remember seeing he couldn't hold a candle to the kid I watched QBing OSU tonight.

That Jahan Dotson is a baller for real.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t see us getting fields but he could be a good one

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think Fields will be available to the WTF either.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was a bad game for Penn St. Ohio St. usually can beat the crap out of Big ten teams. Would like to see fields play against harder competition before I call him nfl good.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What other Ohio St QB's have been drafted high and turned out to be "poop"? Plenty of Ohio State QB's have played at a high level in college but they weren't NFL prospects...but that's usually what happens under Urban Meyer's system (other than Alex Smith).

I think when Fields first went to Georgia people thought he was mainly a running QB or at least heavy run, not a great passer. I think it's the complete opposite now, he is a pocket passer that has the athletic ability to run when he is NEEDED. I've seen many plays already this year where he had wide open space to run and instead he found a guy downfield for a big gain or 1st down. He has improved A LOT as a passer in the offseason, I can already tell in the first 3 games. This is the best QB Ohio St has ever produced imo...not saying a whole lot but if Lawrence wasn't in this draft he would be a sure 1st pick. I think by the end of the year, analysts and teams are really going to serisously be asking, "who is the best QB in this draft?"

BTW...back in high school Fields ran a 4.51. Then last year in May, his hand time was 4.38 and laser time was 4.42 so he is faster than Mahomes or Wilson but not quite to the level of Murray or Jackson.

Haskins has been the only Ohio St QB drafted in the 1st round, or even the first 2 rounds, since 1983...Ohio St hasn't produced many NFL style QB's but most on this list I knew wouldn't become NFL QB's bc of their style. Now with the NFL kind of changing it helps the mobile QB's, even though I think Fields is strictly a pocket passer with mobility like Mahomes or Wilson. I think Murray has evolved into more of a pocket passer but he runs a lot like Jackson.

Recent Ohio St QB's
JT Barrett was undrafted.
Cardale had a nice stint in college but was nothing special. Drafted in the 4th
Braxton Miller was drafted in the 3rd but converted to WR
Terrelle Pryor, the same, drafted in the 3rd, eventually converted to WR
Troy Smith, drafted in the 5th
Craig Krenzel, drafted in the 5th

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What other Ohio St QB's have been drafted high and turned out to be "poop"? Plenty of Ohio State QB's have played at a high level in college but they weren't NFL prospects...but that's usually what happens under Urban Meyer's system (other than Alex Smith).

I think when Fields first went to Georgia people thought he was mainly a running QB or at least heavy run, not a great passer. I think it's the complete opposite now, he is a pocket passer that has the athletic ability to run when he is NEEDED. I've seen many plays already this year where he had wide open space to run and instead he found a guy downfield for a big gain or 1st down. He has improved A LOT as a passer in the offseason, I can already tell in the first 3 games. This is the best QB Ohio St has ever produced imo...not saying a whole lot but if Lawrence wasn't in this draft he would be a sure 1st pick. I think by the end of the year, analysts and teams are really going to serisously be asking, "who is the best QB in this draft?"

BTW...back in high school Fields ran a 4.51. Then last year in May, his hand time was 4.38 and laser time was 4.42 so he is faster than Mahomes or Wilson but not quite to the level of Murray or Jackson.

Haskins has been the only Ohio St QB drafted in the 1st round, or even the first 2 rounds, since 1983...Ohio St hasn't produced many NFL style QB's but most on this list I knew wouldn't become NFL QB's bc of their style. Now with the NFL kind of changing it helps the mobile QB's, even though I think Fields is strictly a pocket passer with mobility like Mahomes or Wilson. I think Murray has evolved into more of a pocket passer but he runs a lot like Jackson.

Recent Ohio St QB's

I thought Pryor was drafted in supplemental draft? :noidea:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think Fields will be available to the WTF either.

Yeah it will be tough. WFT will probably be in the 4-6 range...no mans land for a QB imo. When you draft that high you would like a sure thing at QB. Other guys are Trey Lance (who could be another project) and Zach Wilson, who is stud for BYU. No sure thing like Lawrence and Fields seem to be at this point.

The teams that could draft 1-4 though is interesting:

1. Jets - seem to be certainly drafting Lawrence unless he pulls an Eli, which I don't see happening.
2. Jags - would they draft a QB? Minshew has been pretty good and only 24 years old. He doesn't have a whole lot around him..maybe they pass on a QB.
3. Giants - they seem to like Daniel Jones (even though I don't think he is the future)...they would probably go OL or defense.

4. Dallas - this is the WILDCARD team here. WFT needs to finish with a worse record than Dallas to have a chance at Fields imo. If they don't I think Dallas would take Fields in a heartbeat and save $30M from that Dak contract. But it's Jerry Jones, who knows, they could give Dak a huge contract and go defense.

All other teams: Chargers, Texans, Bengals have QB's. Patriots could be another WC team that could possibly trade up I just don't see them having less than 5 wins.

There is still hope for Washington.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it will be tough. WFT will probably be in the 4-6 range...no mans land for a QB imo. When you draft that high you would like a sure thing at QB. Other guys are Trey Lance (who could be another project) and Zach Wilson, who is stud for BYU. No sure thing like Lawrence and Fields seem to be at this point.

The teams that could draft 1-4 though is interesting:

1. Jets - seem to be certainly drafting Lawrence unless he pulls an Eli, which I don't see happening.
2. Jags - would they draft a QB? Minshew has been pretty good and only 24 years old. He doesn't have a whole lot around him..maybe they pass on a QB.
3. Giants - they seem to like Daniel Jones (even though I don't think he is the future)...they would probably go OL or defense.

4. Dallas - this is the WILDCARD team here. WFT needs to finish with a worse record than Dallas to have a chance at Fields imo. If they don't I think Dallas would take Fields in a heartbeat and save $30M from that Dak contract. But it's Jerry Jones, who knows, they could give Dak a huge contract and go defense.

All other teams: Chargers, Texans, Bengals have QB's. Patriots could be another WC team that could possibly trade up I just don't see them having less than 5 wins.

There is still hope for Washington.
i think WFT should forget about qb if they arent in the top 2 . i dont see lance being a day one starter and believe he is raw as well

if i am drafting i am looking at LT or a guy like waddle or pitts and will think about qb later

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Recent Ohio St QB's

Are you questioning my knowledge of OSU QBs? I'll have you know I was at the Gator Bowl when Woody Hayes tried to murder a Clemson LB by throat punching his ass and he deserved it. Tryin to clown Woody's old ass right there on the sidelines. Heh. Nah, I wasn't really there I did watch it on tv. Not that that has a damn thing to do with my opinion of OSU QBs. I think I put too mustard on that. Lets see though. I know Troy Smith didn't go high in the draft, but wasn't that cuz he was short and everyone thought he was gonna be a baller? Wasn't Bobby Hoying supposed to be legit? I know Pryor was always considered a project QB. Yeah, he played for the Skins as a WR, in one of the Skins neverending pick a player with round hole skills n make him in a square peg player projects. He didn't bust a grape for the Skins, but he did get down as a WR the year before with Cleveland I believe. And doesn't he have the longest TD run in NFL history for a QB, a 90+ yarder as a Raider.

And I can't forget my boy, Art "baby needs some new shoes!" Schlicter. He actually did go high, 3rd or 4th pick in the draft and had tremendous expectations put him. I saw a special on him as well. It was good, That motor scooter was hustler for real, jack. So I was wrong and I appreciate you pointing that out and leading me to the correct conclusion. That being OSU QBd ain't shit period, either in the pros or at OSU...........heh.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some other college QBs I've seen in recent weeks that has been impressive. That kid that plays for BYU looks like he can be a baller. He can pass accurately as well as run the rock and he looks damn fast. I think he can be a legit pro QB

That kid for Norte Dame. IMO he's the reason ND won, He's got great mobility, is fast, faster than any LB on Clemson any way and was real cool under pressure. He's also pretty accurate himself.

That freshman for Clemson. He's got some Cam Newton in him in that he's never met a pass he couldn't throw 100 mph, but he's he's more accurate and he actually does use touch on certain passes.

Wanna see more of the kid from Southern Cal. The Trojans were lucky to beat ASU and I know they were a little rusty or antsy being their first game of the year. But his winning TD pass was a thing a beauty and he's got moxie.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our qb for the future might not come in this draft

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you questioning my knowledge of OSU QBs? I'll have you know I was at the Gator Bowl when Woody Hayes tried to murder a Clemson LB by throat punching his ass and he deserved it. Tryin to clown Woody's old ass right there on the sidelines. Heh. Nah, I wasn't really there I did watch it on tv. Not that that has a damn thing to do with my opinion of OSU QBs. I think I put too mustard on that. Lets see though. I know Troy Smith didn't go high in the draft, but wasn't that cuz he was short and everyone thought he was gonna be a baller? Wasn't Bobby Hoying supposed to be legit? I know Pryor was always considered a project QB. Yeah, he played for the Skins as a WR, in one of the Skins neverending pick a player with round hole skills n make him in a square peg player projects. He didn't bust a grape for the Skins, but he did get down as a WR the year before with Cleveland I believe. And doesn't he have the longest TD run in NFL history for a QB, a 90+ yarder as a Raider.

And I can't forget my boy, Art "baby needs some new shoes!" Schlicter. He actually did go high, 3rd or 4th pick in the draft and had tremendous expectations put him. I saw a special on him as well. It was good, That motor scooter was hustler for real, jack. So I was wrong and I appreciate you pointing that out and leading me to the correct conclusion. That being OSU QBd ain't shit period, either in the pros or at OSU...........heh.

Yeah a lot of great college QB's but it doesn't mean shit. All I am saying is there hasn't been an Ohio St QB that was seriously considered to be a future NFL QB and not even an average UNTIL Haskins and there were a lot of question marks around him. Staying another year was his best option and I think that was a clear reach pick.
Fields is on a whole different level and he seems to fit the criteria for what you need in today's league QB wise. But yeah I get it, trust me, it's hard to trust an organization that continually seems to screw up the draft. I am a Browns fans lol.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lets be real they have given up on DH

They sure have. It was a risk to take Haskins that high in the draft in the first place. And the organization fucked up by playing him last year. He wasn't ready. He didn't have enough CFB experience to have any type of success last year. He should have sat on the sideline and learned. I just hope some team out there gives him a chance. Not saying as a starter. He's got more learning to do. But it would be a shame if his career is ended this way.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some other college QBs I've seen in recent weeks that has been impressive. That kid that plays for BYU looks like he can be a baller. He can pass accurately as well as run the rock and he looks damn fast. I think he can be a legit pro QB

That kid for Norte Dame. IMO he's the reason ND won, He's got great mobility, is fast, faster than any LB on Clemson any way and was real cool under pressure. He's also pretty accurate himself.

That freshman for Clemson. He's got some Cam Newton in him in that he's never met a pass he couldn't throw 100 mph, but he's he's more accurate and he actually does use touch on certain passes.

Wanna see more of the kid from Southern Cal. The Trojans were lucky to beat ASU and I know they were a little rusty or antsy being their first game of the year. But his winning TD pass was a thing a beauty and he's got moxie.

Definitely going to be a talented class, if you need a QB this is the class to take one. If I was Washington though it would give me a warm, cozy feeling inside knowing you have a sure NFL-ready guy from day one. Really like Zach Wilson from BYU though, he has impressed me but I also haven't looked at his mechanics, tendencies anything like that so I'm not sure how good he really is.

Not a fan of Mac Jones for a pro prospect. Trask is interesting though, he could be a Josh Allen type, same with that Clemson freshman you mentioned.