• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anybody watch Ric Flair's "Last" Match?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was...something. It was kinda good for awhile (Jeff Jarrett looked really good, surprised me) but then it turned into a tough watch towards the end where clearly something happened to Flair. He either got concussed or passed out (from all his health issues) or something but dude was out of it. I mean I kinda knew it'd probably end up being something like this but it was still wild to see.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was...something. It was kinda good for awhile (Jeff Jarrett looked really good, surprised me) but then it turned into a tough watch towards the end where clearly something happened to Flair. He either got concussed or passed out (from all his health issues) or something but dude was out of it. I mean I kinda knew it'd probably end up being something like this but it was still wild to see.
Pretty sad. Looked like Mickey Rourke

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope he's ok.

And classless of King of Nepotism and Botchy Lynch to throw shade at him the next night.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are an idiot. Every single post here all you do is trash Triple H. The man is a legend and is about to bring WWE back to glory like he did running NXT. There were weeks where NXT was better than the main show when he was running it. There is no way he would ever disrespect Ric, this is you being a drama queen bitch.

Except they did

The promo was quite clear

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are an idiot. Every single post here all you do is trash Triple H. The man is a legend and is about to bring WWE back to glory like he did running NXT. There were weeks where NXT was better than the main show when he was running it. There is no way he would ever disrespect Ric, this is you being a drama queen bitch.

And triple h is just a nepotism guy

Pretty simple

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And triple h is just a nepotism guy

Pretty simple
Trips busted his ass in this business for decades, he has more than earned everything he has accomplished and achieved. You have some weird jealousy thing going for him which is a weird flex. Sure he married Steph, but if you pay attention this is obviously not just a marriage of convenience, they genuinely have chemistry and care for each other. I'm not sure how you keep playing the nepotism card.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He's no Bret Hart (who is?) but I still get goosebumps watching this...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's no Bret Hart (who is?) but I still get goosebumps watching this...

I can’t believe Vince let them reference off camera stuff like that on tv

But that promo shows my belief I’ve said here over and over again:

The best promos have a bit of truth and/or reality to them

Not the delusional nonsense Becky and Bianca use.

That is probably the best work hhh ever did right there, and for a reason. It was realish

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I can’t believe Vince let them reference off camera stuff like that on tv

But that promo shows my belief I’ve said here over and over again:

The best promos have a bit of truth and/or reality to them

Not the delusional nonsense Becky and Bianca use.

That is probably the best work hhh ever did right there, and for a reason. It was realish

The Attitude Era was awesome in part because it blurred the lines so well. With the ubiquity of the internet and dirt sheets it might be impossible to pull off this type of promo now but hopefully they come up with something else that's just as engaging

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Attitude Era was awesome in part because it blurred the lines so well. With the ubiquity of the internet and dirt sheets it might be impossible to pull off this type of promo now but hopefully they come up with something else that's just as engaging

I think this one absolutely could be done again.

It’s the stuff you have to make up that is stupid. Like every wrestler pretending they’re Ted dibiase

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

It’s the stuff you have to make up that is stupid. Like every wrestler pretending they’re Ted dibiase

I just think now we're all so "clued in" that worked shoots are more frustrating than effective regardless of how brilliant the performance (See AEW/MJF).

They have to come at it from entirely new angle imo

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think now we're all so "clued in" that worked shoots are more frustrating than effective regardless of how brilliant the performance (See AEW/MJF).

They have to come at it from entirely new angle imo

I almost go the other way when you have stuff like HHH an Stephanie "fighting" or the Lashley/Lana angle

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok, come on dude. Ric Flair or Shawn Michaels are the GOAT’s by nearly everyone’s lists and neither one of them could win a bar fight. Wrestling isn’t all about “realism”

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Didn't.

Never will.

Nothing againist Ric or anything. But you got these guys(hogan, Flair, Steamboat) who are Past their prime and it shows by there condtioning and weight. For what...............................

A cheap buck or 10.

Nah man. Let me remember the good times, not now.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Didn't.

Never will.

Nothing againist Ric or anything. But you got these guys(hogan, Flair, Steamboat) who are Past their prime and it shows by there condtioning and weight. For what...............................

A cheap buck or 10.

Nah man. Let me remember the good times, not now.
Yeah but the Undertaker looks much worse than Flair did, but then he got in shape and made his last couple of matches solid. Even at his age I think Ric could have a legit send off, but not the (no offense cause I love Conrad) the clown show that was this. He needed much more time to prep and needed a legitimate opponent who could carry him. If this was his “last match” it should’ve been Bret’s last match too where Bret has a shit load of rest holds for both of them.