• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anybody want to take a family of four to the game on Sunday?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Sunday will be your lucky day because...

Tickets for Redskins game as cheap as a cup - 11-20-2019
https://www.SportsHoopla.com/articles/tickets...

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty,
I'm hoping this is the week the stadium sits empty for all of the NFL and America to see. The fan base totally turn on Snyder for good and force him to sell. The product is so bad at the moment why would anyone bother.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty,
I'm hoping this is the week the stadium sits empty for all of the NFL and America to see. The fan base totally turn on Snyder for good and force him to sell. The product is so bad at the moment why would anyone bother.

What is going to force him to sell? Many seats are prepaid for by season ticket holders. The tickets that are for sale for $4 or $6 are tickets owned by a fan who is reselling them on Stub Hub.

I pointed out in another thread that the Patriots have a worse home attendance than the Skins.

Dan gets credit for being a good business man but he is not. Thanks to Jerrah who told Dan how to buy the team he is in the one job he can't screw up as far as making money goes. He can and has screwed up as an owner trying to run a successful on the field team but remember what Bruce said … we are winning off the field.

Even apparel sales do not effect him because the league shares revenue so he gets the same amount as every other owner.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty,

this is another false narrative here . the NFL , as a hole , has been going through lower attendance. we are about middle of the pack in attendance with a shitty stadium and a pathetic product

the NFL gets its major money through TV , internet and other sources

the stance taken in the media and some fans that " humiliating " snyder will somehow force a change is a canard

the best you can hope for is snyder , like he did with cerrato , sees the light and shelves Brucifer for another guy .

now admit it long term posters , when brucifer was first hired , you thought back to the george allen days of success, it backfired

sometimes i wonder if making joe gibbs the new allen could be a good thing . not because he is great at evaluating talent , but he can tell snyder what he needs to hear and gibbs will let a smith / williams go to work and build the team

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty,

I have to agree with others in their stance on attendance which is down everywhere, however, not to dismiss your position, an empty stadium would sink typical game attendance to an all time low and perhaps give rise to some concern from other owners.

If it's completely empty or the full attendance isn't enough to fill a camera shot, then it's embarrassing. Now if that group starts a one row wave while chanting "sell the team.. sell the team.. sell the team!" then it's national news and not the kind that Snyder wants!:D

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is another false narrative here . the NFL , as a hole , has been going through lower attendance. we are about middle of the pack in attendance with a shitty stadium and a pathetic product

the stance taken in the media and some fans that " humiliating " snyder will somehow force a change is a canard

the best you can hope for is snyder , like he did with cerrato , sees the light and shelves Brucifer for another guy .

now admit it long term posters , when brucifer was first hired , you thought back to the george allen days of success, it backfired

sometimes i wonder if making joe gibbs the new allen could be a good thing . not because he is great at evaluating talent , but he can tell snyder what he needs to hear and gibbs will let a smith / williams go to work and build the team

I'm one of those long time posters who never liked the Bruce Allen hire. Now it's true that, I gave him a chance to prove himself when first hired in 2009, and by 2012 prior to and during RGIII's one great season here, the one voice on our board insisting upon Allen's dismissal was mine. Now we find ourselves seven years (10 since the initial hire) as a football nation, unified, in our call to get rid of the guy.

So, here's the bright side of this mess, if you can call it that. Vinny Cerrato's tenure 1999-2009 had a ten year expiration date. It's now Allen's 10th year and perhaps, as was the case with Cerrato, 10 will once again be our lucky number! Yeah, it's a reach, but what else do we have?

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm one of those long time posters who never liked the Bruce Allen hire. Now it's true that, I gave him a chance to prove himself when first hired in 2009, and by 2012 prior to and during RGIII's one great season here, the one voice on our board insisting upon Allen's dismissal was mine. Now we find ourselves seven years (10 since the initial hire) as a football nation, unified, in our call to get rid of the guy.

So, here's the bright side of this mess, if you can call it that. Vinny Cerrato's tenure 1999-2009 had a ten year expiration date. It's now Allen's 10th year and perhaps, as was the case with Cerrato, 10 will once again be our lucky number! Yeah, it's a reach, but what else do we have?
nothing so lets hope snyder gets it right this time

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my question is what person in the NFL could snyder get that could turn this franchoise around as the top FO dog ?

now lets not come back with no one or some shit like that

think manning or gibbs or something like that , not that i advocate that

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a great question skinsdad. Great question. One I don't think I'm qualified to answer. The lazy answer is promote Doug and let Kyle make all the personnel decisions, but there is a real chance the Skins may have missed on their first two picks from last year.

That being said, if Dan has no qualms about punking Kyle to draft Haskins, then Kyle shouldn't be the guy, because in essence Dan would still be the guy. That said, this article is the best I could do.

2019 NFL General Manager Candidate Study - Inside The Pylon 2019 NFL General Manager Candidate Study - Inside The Pylon

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure, but off the top of my head, I would definitely place a call and see what Ozzie Newsome is up to.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s a question we need to answer

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was with you.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy I had some confidence in when he was hired a short while after Allen was Shanahan. I had mixed emotions about Allen. His dad did come in after Lombardi dies and turned the team around. He also favored Billy over Sonny which was like favoring anyone over Cousins. :noidea::nod:

It was know around the league that Bruce was good at the cap (or so we thought) but not much of a personnel guy. Before Shanahan ever coached his first game Dan and Bruce made a steer out of him and traded for McNabb. We could detail a million things after that but I think after the McNabb trade everyone knew or should have known nothing changed.

One thing for sure is they have proved they know nothing about the QB position. McNabb, Griffin, Smith …. too soon to tell about Haskins.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im taking Washington with the points.

Detroits defense should get your offense back to the level it was with Gruden imo.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my question is what person in the NFL could snyder get that could turn this franchoise around as the top FO dog ?

The one that I have in mind is, Louis Riddick. He's almost overqualified for the job and should have been a GM somewhere in the league years ago. The bonus, beyond getting full control, would be that he actually believes in DH and will build a coaching staff and team best suited for what we already have. It's going to cost a nice amount of cash to get him, but it would be well worth it to finally get stability and smart football people all pulling in one direction...to win football games.

Last edited:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, there are probably a handful of guys that COULD turn a franchise around. The real question is there anyone that had the ability and could do it in this environment that Snyder has fostered (and will continue to foster)? I don't see anyone.
Fundamentally, the problem with this franchise is one of self awareness. Dan, probably due to Allen, doesn't believe this franchise is broken....we are just a few key players and a change in this bad luck streak we have been on, and we are back. And therein lies the problem. Because if you don't even understand, or accept, were you really are, then any plan you put in place is doomed to fail. They just don't get that we are in need of a serious rebuild. Because if they did, then they sure would have handled the Trent issue differently.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's see, according to my math a family of four would have a grand total of $16.00 invested to get through the gate to witness one of the most meaningless NFL games of the season. Of course that doesn't include the price of food or beer BUT that might be discounted too since Dan wants to be generous to everyone. Oh, I just remembered, I forgot parking, a bus ride to the stadium, or whatever means the family of four gets there so there could be some added costs involved.

Go LIONS so that we want screw up getting a higher draft pick!

Is anyone going to actually watch this shit show with a great card of other NFL games on the card for Sunday? This tomcat sure won't be watching!

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ain't gonna happen with Gibbs being the new Allen because he is too busy continuing to win championships without having to report to anyone.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see, according to my math a family of four would have a grand total of $16.00 invested to get through the gate to witness one of the most meaningless NFL games of the season. Of course that doesn't include the price of food or beer BUT that might be discounted too since Dan wants to be generous to everyone. Oh, I just remembered, I forgot parking, a bus ride to the stadium, or whatever means the family of four gets there so there could be some added costs involved.

Go LIONS so that we want screw up getting a higher draft pick!

Is anyone going to actually watch this shit show with a great card of other NFL games on the card for Sunday? This tomcat sure won't be watching!

Yeah, I see your point, soooooo, maybe they can bill Snyder for the inconvenience?:D