• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anybody recommend a brewery...

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in Greenville, SC? Going to be headed down there this weekend. I see about a dozen not far from Downtown, none of which were operational the last time I was there.

I can always just look at their websites and flip a coin, just wanted to hear from anyone who might have been to a couple.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in Greenville, SC? Going to be headed down there this weekend. I see about a dozen not far from Downtown, none of which were operational the last time I was there.

I can always just look at their websites and flip a coin, just wanted to hear from anyone who might have been to a couple.
show me the list you are thinking about?

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually just look on untapped to see which ones have higher ratings. Honestly, that's probably just going to get you either a Hazy heavy place, or a sour brewery, though.

RubinRock

Has a Well-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been to basically all of them in and around Greenville.

Best beer is fireforge by far. Wide variety with about 20 different to choose from.

Best place to hangout, Birds Fly South. Solid beers. Axe throwing. Good food place next door. Liability is another solid hangout brewery.

If you like sours, Eighth State is really good, but I get a lot people don’t care for sours.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Best beer is fireforge by far. Wide variety with about 20 different to choose from.

Best place to hangout, Birds Fly South. Solid beers. Axe throwing. Good food place next door. Liability is another solid hangout brewery.

If you like sours, Eighth State is really good, but I get a lot people don’t care for sours.
high alcohol beers and axe throwing....sign me up!!

Reactions: gob

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks man

I've been checking out websites and none of them really stood out to me. It looks like they are all heavy on the sours and the IPA's. I like Marzens, Bocks, and Porters mostly. I see Fireforge has a baltic called "the Fixer," as well as an Octoberfest. Might have to check that out.

show me the list you are thinking about?

You familiar with any of them? I was considering Brewery 85, because it's off/on the highway, or Quest Brewing. There's also a farmhouse/brewery halfway to Anderson called Golden Grove that I considered, since it's on my way to where I'm staying.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You familiar with any of them? I was considering Brewery 85, because it's off/on the highway, or Quest Brewing. There's also a farmhouse/brewery halfway to Anderson called Golden Grove that I considered, since it's on my way to where I'm staying.
oops...missed the sc part of your post earlier. have a cousin in the blue carolina that hits a lot of them and was going to run your list past him. im no help as usual.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oops...missed the sc part of your post earlier. have a cousin in the blue carolina that hits a lot of them and was going to run your list past him. im no help as usual.
Appreciate the thought

RubinRock

Has a Well-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks man

I've been checking out websites and none of them really stood out to me. It looks like they are all heavy on the sours and the IPA's. I like Marzens, Bocks, and Porters mostly. I see Fireforge has a baltic called "the Fixer," as well as an Octoberfest. Might have to check that out.

Quest sucks so stay away from that. Brewery 85 is meh. Not sure if their new place has open yet. Haven’t been to Golden Grove.

I will say the issue with Fireforge is they have recently blown up and are very busy. And insist on only have one person work so lines can suck. But there’s a reason they are busy. Was there this last weekend and they had a couple bocks, marzens, as well as that porter.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quest sucks so stay away from that. Brewery 85 is meh. Not sure if their new place has open yet. Haven’t been to Golden Grove.

I will say the issue with Fireforge is they have recently blown up and are very busy. And insist on only have one person work so lines can suck. But there’s a reason they are busy. Was there this last weekend and they had a couple bocks, marzens, as well as that porter.
Thanks again. I'm flying down Saturday morning, so I might be able to beat the crowds. Didn't really want to get stuck downtown but I can tolerate that for a few hours.

My hotel is going to be stuffed with Clemson fans, so I'll need a place to chill until they're all passed out

RubinRock

Has a Well-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A place called Thomas Creek. Tried a few samples but really only liked one, which was an IPA called Trifecta. It had a good bite without tasting medicine-y
Meh brewery. Small bar area in a large industrial building. Okay beers. Up the Creek is probably my favorite of theirs. Trifecta is okay tho.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh brewery. Small bar area in a large industrial building. Okay beers. Up the Creek is probably my favorite of theirs. Trifecta is okay tho.

I don't even recall tasting Up the Creek. As you say, not much of their stuff was memorable.

Afterwards I went out and bought some Highland.