• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anybody hit the new Mizuno 825 Pro's yet?

BrawlinHawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I got a set this week and will be using them on Monday. I can't wait. The reviews are really good and they look awesome. Also got rid of my Vokey wedges and got the New MP-T4 wedges.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a set this week and will be using them on Monday. I can't wait. The reviews are really good and they look awesome. Also got rid of my Vokey wedges and got the New MP-T4 wedges.
I have the forged Mizuno MX-200's, which are fairly forgiving. These 825s look like a step toward full-blown improvement irons.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't like the clubs. hit = slice

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me its about distance control and workability with irons.. I've tried out a bunch of irons over the last 2 years and haven't found anything that I deem to be worth the investment over what I do have. When I am looking at a back pin, I want to be sure that the ball does not go any farther than it is supposed to. I could buy a set that gives me 10 extra yards but I don't want that unless I can count on it and count on it immediately.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me its about distance control and workability with irons.. I've tried out a bunch of irons over the last 2 years and haven't found anything that I deem to be worth the investment over what I do have. When I am looking at a back pin, I want to be sure that the ball does not go any farther than it is supposed to. I could buy a set that gives me 10 extra yards but I don't want that unless I can count on it and count on it immediately.

Well said.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I was in the market for new clubs recently and it was down to the Mizuno 825s and TMade Rocketbladez. Even though I really liked both, I went with the Rocketbladez.

BrawlinHawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My first round with the new Mizuno 825 Pro's were great. I shot a 68 but my putting was awful. I had 15 Pars, 2 Birdies, and 1 Eagle. The 2 Birdies and Eagle were on par 5's which I hit in two. I couldn't make the putts I should have or I could have went really low. These irons feel and look great.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first round with the new Mizuno 825 Pro's were great. I shot a 68 but my putting was awful. I had 15 Pars, 2 Birdies, and 1 Eagle. The 2 Birdies and Eagle were on par 5's which I hit in two. I couldn't make the putts I should have or I could have went really low. These irons feel and look great.

Have you ever tried a fat grip on a putter? I put a Winn on mine and it made an instant 2 stroke difference for me.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you ever tried a fat grip on a putter? I put a Winn on mine and it made an instant 2 stroke difference for me.

I put a fat tapered one on my Cameron earlier this year & putted well with it.. Been using my 2 ball for awhile now though & may switch it over to make even more putts.

BrawlinHawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I have a fatter grip on my putter and yes it is much better. I just have a hell of a time visualizing a line from my ball to the hole. I think I have become to mechanical with my stance, stroke, alignment, etc. I just have to practice picking a spot and just go for it.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put a fat tapered one on my Cameron earlier this year & putted well with it.. Been using my 2 ball for awhile now though & may switch it over to make even more putts.

I have the Versa 2 ball (white outside and white balls). I love how I can visualize the alignment but I've been having trouble with touch on distance putts but I believe that's a matter of practice and I'm still trying to transition from my blade.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a fatter grip on my putter and yes it is much better. I just have a hell of a time visualizing a line from my ball to the hole. I think I have become to mechanical with my stance, stroke, alignment, etc. I just have to practice picking a spot and just go for it.

Confidence my man!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Any time you have a card without a bogey on it, that's some pretty decent golf

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Try just releasing the putter freely and I bet you start rolling it better almost immediately.

BrawlinHawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Any time you have a card without a bogey on it, that's some pretty decent golf

Believe it or not, I do that quite often. I usually stay out of trouble and my misses are not bad. It's just frustrating when you don't make bogey's and yet you shoot anywhere from 68 to 72. I need to start shooting in the low to mid 60's if I want to make a career out of it. Only way to do that is to start making putts.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not, I do that quite often. I usually stay out of trouble and my misses are not bad. It's just frustrating when you don't make bogey's and yet you shoot anywhere from 68 to 72. I need to start shooting in the low to mid 60's if I want to make a career out of it. Only way to do that is to start making putts.

I play strictly for fun and I rarely shoot anything in the 60s anymore. I make a ton of birdies but I always have a blow up hole or two and it kills my score. I don't even worry about it anymore. As I get older, I find it harder and harder to focus for 18 holes or to even want to focus for 18 holes.