• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anybody done this before?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm, can I have my team?

Goff
Gurley
Brown
Cooks
Kupp
Woods
Higbee
Zuerlein
Ram D

Reynolds
Henderson
Everett

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we currently have 4 interested.

Myself- Bears
@SteelersPride - Steelers
@Shanemansj13 - Cleveland
@Chef99 - ???

Honestly it doesn't even have to be a big league because of the way that rosters are set. Can just put together any size league and give you every player in the database as your roster
SO this is @jwolt92 idea.

but I think the idea is not to have to "join" a draft, to just draft guys from your own team. SO were picking our teams.

I am suggesting something to make it a bit more difficulty. Again this is @jwolt92 idea, so his call.

But im thinking of something based on the teams official depth chart after week 4 of the pre-season.

Something where you get to pick like 3 guys listed as first string, 2 guys listed as second string, and 2 guys listed as 3rd string. SO your really grinding into your teams roster, you gotta know your upside guys? does that make sense? Instead of everyeon just having the stacks like me going Ben, juju, conner, vance.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but I think the idea is not to have to "join" a draft, to just draft guys from your own team. SO were picking our teams.

I am suggesting something to make it a bit more difficulty. Again this is @jwolt92 idea, so his call.

But im thinking of something based on the teams official depth chart after week 4 of the pre-season.

Something where you get to pick like 3 guys listed as first string, 2 guys listed as second string, and 2 guys listed as 3rd string. SO your really grinding into your teams roster, you gotta know your upside guys? does that make sense? Instead of everyeon just having the stacks like me going Ben, juju, conner, vance.

So someone is keeping track of stats, points, etc....unless there is some way to do that I don't know of.

I was thinking just a 4-6 team league where you do your draft offline...that way you just pick the players for each team...but then you are only playing those teams instead of the computer teams (which are stacked).

Your option is us just comparing our own teams' stats and picking players for each string. Like you obviously would go: Big Ben, Juju and Connor for your 1st strong. I would go: Mayfield, Odell and Chubb.

I would much rather the 4 of us joining a random draft and competing against stacked teams...that's what will make it fun...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would say Best ball format...

you start

TQB, RB, WR, WR/TE, WR/TE, D

but you roster only 8 players...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't y'all just create a quickie free league, ESPN or whatever, and just do the draft, with it being agreed upon that everyone selects guys from only one team or whatever? Then all the score keeping and what not is taken care of..could even make it a public one where clueless bystanders join in

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't y'all just create a quickie free league, ESPN or whatever, and just do the draft, with it being agreed upon that everyone selects guys from only one team or whatever? Then all the score keeping and what not is taken care of..could even make it a public one where clueless bystanders join in

Those are my thoughts.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Think I'd rather just draft the best players on said team, stacks are good. I guess your going for one of MilkSpillers type of twists.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it might work alright with a top offensive team

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thank you.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it might work alright with a top offensive team

The guys interested all have teams that could make it work, for the most part, Steelers, Browns, Vikings, Rams, and Bears

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the standard ESPN roster is good plus the bench. The point isn't to see who has the healthiest/luckiest team. It's just to see how good your favorite teams players do in a week to week matchup against other teams.

So far I'm seeing about 6 interested which would work. Not sure how many teams you need for an ESPN league and it could be either head to head or total points