• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any word on Johnson?

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Been traveling yoday

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just about to post on this, Jim. Injured groin, MRI Negative but questionable for ATL.

The early news on Panthers defensive end Charles Johnson's strained groin was good, head coach Ron Rivera said Friday.

Rivera said an MRI on Johnson's right groin was negative, but his status for next week's game against Atlanta remains uncertain.

"So far it's positive. A lot of things will depend on how sore he is the next couple days," Rivera said. "There is some swelling. But the key will be how he reacts to the treatment he gets the next few days."

Rivera gave players the weekend off, but Johnson will be required to stay in Charlotte for treatment.

Johnson, who leads the team with six sacks, was injured with 1:08 remaining in the Panthers' 31-13 victory at Tampa Bay on Thursday.

The Panthers also will monitor running back DeAngelo Williams, who sustained a bruised quad in the second half against the Bucs. Rivera said he thinks Williams will be able to play against Atlanta.

I wonder if JStew will be back by then, too. It sucks Johnson gets hurt in the last 2 minutes in a game that had basically been decided. We need him down this tough stretch, to be sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think JStew would have been available if the game had been on sunday. he should be ready to got for the Atlanta game.

Johnson: well at least its nothing serious. and we basically have half a bye to get him healthy. at worst he misses one game, but i think with the whole weekend and all next week he should be good by around friday. if he had gotten that on sunday though he would more than likely miss the next game.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think JStew would have been available if the game had been on sunday. he should be ready to got for the Atlanta game.

Johnson: well at least its nothing serious. and we basically have half a bye to get him healthy. at worst he misses one game, but i think with the whole weekend and all next week he should be good by around friday. if he had gotten that on sunday though he would more than likely miss the next game.

The announcers were talking JStew up last night, from what they saw of him working out before the game. I think they've been holding him out until he's 100% this time. Getting him back in top form would be great.

If Johnson missed, we'd have Alexander over there starting (depth chart) most likely, but don't have a 3rd guy listed. I guess they would move Horton would over from RDE to be the backup.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the update Spur.

I view the Atlanta game as the most important so far. It would put us 2 and 0 in the division and keep us in touch with N.O.

At the risk of cursing us, I think we match up very favorably against the Falcons - particularly with their injuries. If we don't have Johnson in there then we will probably have to blitz more which will make us vulnerable to ryan's ability to make quick reads and to his accuracy.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The announcers were talking JStew up last night, from what they saw of him working out before the game. I think they've been holding him out until he's 100% this time. Getting him back in top form would be great.

If Johnson missed, we'd have Alexander over there starting (depth chart) most likely, but don't have a 3rd guy listed. I guess they would move Horton would over from RDE to be the backup.

you forgot Mario Addison who IMO has made more plays this year than Alexander.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news, to be sure. Like the quotes:

"I'm looking forward to playing Atlanta,'' said Johnson, a native of Hawkinsville, Ga., and a former University of Georgia standout. "I can have plenty of weeks off in the offseason.''

Johnson said it's doubtful he'll practice on Wednesday, not wanting to risk aggravating the injury that he called a mild strain. But it's not doubtful he'll be ready for an Atlanta team that he had a single-game best 3½ sacks against last season at the Georgia Dome.

"I love playing Atlanta,'' Johnson said. "It's a division game, a big game. You always get up for anybody, but Atlanta, it's just a little extra sauce on it.''

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I guess we're waiting to get the good word on Dwill and Jstew.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
If Johnson isn't close to 100% then I would rather him sit out the Atlanta game. I think we need him more for SFO. Beating Atlanta is very important as it is a conference game but if we keep cranking out the Ws then it could easily come down to us and SFO for a wildcard which a head to head win would be huge.

We must have an intact D line to try and keep their running game in check

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Johnson isn't close to 100% then I would rather him sit out the Atlanta game. I think we need him more for SFO. Beating Atlanta is very important as it is a conference game but if we keep cranking out the Ws then it could easily come down to us and SFO for a wildcard which a head to head win would be huge.

We must have an intact D line to try and keep their running game in check

From what he said, it's a mild strain. If he can go at full practice by the end of the week he should be fine.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Well then.......
Lets some bird ass

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00