• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Any Opinions on what to do with Albert Wilson?

Are you interested in signing Albert Wilson?

• Yes, it would be good for the Chiefs

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, it would be bad for the Chiefs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the most awkward Chief I can think of in recent years. Was excited about him in 2014, didn't progress much the next two years, and then he shows out when healthy in a Danny Amendola-ish like role despite 3 guys being obvious target sponges (Kelce, Hill, Hunt) in an offense that isn't exorbitantly pass heavy like say the Lions most years.

I would say Wilson is probably better dollar value than Jarvis Landry, but that's more my dislike for Landry than praise for Wilson.

Too good to be true? I worry he becomes the Daniel Sorenson of the offense if overpaid, but the value is a little tempting to chase. Was pretty sour after a pretty bad 2016... not sure what to think of him now. The Chiefs WR corp in hindsight was actually sneaky good when everyone was healthy.

Last edited:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, in some of the fanspeak drafts I have been doing, I have been seeing Simmie Cobbs and DJ Chark quite a bit in a range where the Chiefs might bite. Could get your possession receiver to hedge your bets against DRob and Conley. Wilson frees up the slot.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm generally of the impression that you want to draft and keep your WR. WR moving around in Free Agency always seems like a massive risk.

I probably would've been okay with him walking if it wasn't for the final game of the regular season. Wilson and Mahomes were playing pitch and catch all day. The math nerd in me says not to look at a single game but I can't help but think that rapport means something.

The other factor here is that this might be the weakest WR draft in a decade.

I voted 'yes' but I think Conley is every bit as good as Wilson in a different way.