• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any chance at all

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Number 5 Notre Dame upsets number 2 Ohio State week 1?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hope not.

IMO, stupid as fucking hell to schedule this caliber of game as the first of the season. start with a cupcake to knock the rust off, then have this game.
ND has some history with a banger in week 1, but I agree I would like to start around week 3. I am a ND fan and while I would like to see the Irish win I think that's a large task at hand.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND has some history with a banger in week 1, but I agree I would like to start around week 3. I am a ND fan and while I would like to see the Irish win I think that's a large task at hand.
even considering my stance, I realize ND is in the same boat. I'm sure Irish fans aren't thrilled starting the season with this game either.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have almost always thought NDm was overrated, so my money will definitely be on OSU. But OSU struggled with Oregon and technically they sort of struggled with the Gophers early last year as well, so anything is possible. OSU had a young squad last year so the rough start was understandable. Are they still young this year or are they more mature? If so, they'll be more ready for the season this year, me thinks?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have almost always thought NDm was overrated, so my money will definitely be on OSU. But OSU struggled with Oregon and technically they sort of struggled with the Gophers early last year as well, so anything is possible. OSU had a young squad last year so the rough start was understandable. Are they still young this year or are they more mature? If so, they'll be more ready for the season this year, me thinks?
Why do you think ND is overrated? Have you looked at their scheduling they are backing away from competition

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think ND is overrated? Have you looked at their scheduling they are backing away from competition
I think NDm has always been overrated, perpetually overrated, for at least 2 decades. Similar to how SEC teams get overrated pre-season, and then that overrated state lasts as when two overrated teams play each other, the winner gets even more overrated and the loser falls closer to where they should be ranked. It's a racket that has benefitted the SEC as a whole. Not saying the teams that rise to the top aren't worthy, they usually are, as Bama has proven many times, and LSU did that one year and Auburn, etc.. Just my opinion. A general impression I've had, and shared with other cfb fans, too.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
should be more ready as Stroud has a year under his belt (also maybe was hurt opening week last year, but don't recall).

Never know what will happen in these week one games but, sure, OSU should win if they expect to be a title contender again.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
should be more ready as Stroud has a year under his belt (also maybe was hurt opening week last year, but don't recall).

Never know what will happen in these week one games but, sure, OSU should win if they expect to be a title contender again.
This is true for both teams.

In all honesty this if Freeman's first year as the ND head coach we have to expect some speed bumps. What I like to date about him is recruiting, look at the potential commitments for 2023 ND and Bama are neck and neck

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true for both teams.

In all honesty this if Freeman's first year as the ND head coach we have to expect some speed bumps. What I like to date about him is recruiting, look at the potential commitments for 2023 ND and Bama are neck and neck
Yep...and looks like ND could have the experienced QB with OSU going with a new guy in 2023.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't trust Ohio State's D. Haven't in a couple of years.

Don't know if N.D.'s D is good or not.

But Ohio State will have another high octane offense.

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nervous for this game as I think we will be rusty and the D has a lot to prove.

Just hope they can pull away in the 2nd half for the W.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Number 5 Notre Dame upsets number 2 Ohio State week 1?
Of course there is. If a mediocre Oregon team could do it last year, then a better-than-mediocre Notre Dame squad stands a good chance this year.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think NDm has always been overrated, perpetually overrated, for at least 2 decades. Similar to how SEC teams get overrated pre-season, and then that overrated state lasts as when two overrated teams play each other, the winner gets even more overrated and the loser falls closer to where they should be ranked. It's a racket that has benefitted the SEC as a whole. Not saying the teams that rise to the top aren't worthy, they usually are, as Bama has proven many times, and LSU did that one year and Auburn, etc.. Just my opinion. A general impression I've had, and shared with other cfb fans, too.
It’s been like 5 straight years of ND finishing higher in the final AP poll than they were ranked preseason. I get it. A lot of fans hate Notre Dame, especially ones of dead programs like Minnesota that will never be relevant in college football again. But your problem is that you attempted to apply reasons for why you hate them and those reasons don’t stand up to scrutiny.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s been like 5 straight years of ND finishing higher in the final AP poll than they were ranked preseason. I get it. A lot of fans hate Notre Dame, especially ones of dead programs like Minnesota that will never be relevant in college football again. But your problem is that you attempted to apply reasons for why you hate them and those reasons don’t stand up to scrutiny.
They climb the rankings by beating up on a bunch of nobodies, basically. Whoopdeedoo!

And Minnesota's hardly dead. Compare it's first 4 non-covid years to Clemson's first 4 years under their current coach and there is not much difference.

One sign of the progress made under Fleck? instead of having one good year and then falling back down out of contention, this should be the 3rd straight year being a contender for the West Division Title. After last year, UMn sent 8 former players into the NFL, 4 via the draft, 4 others via free agency. 12-17 years ago, there was one year UMn had ONLY ONE guy playing in the NFL, now they've got between 20-30. UMn's now got Grad transfers from 3 of the Top 8 teams in the poll right now, with a 4th player who transferred out of the Top 8 team after only 2 years, he's been here 2 and has 2 more years of eligibility left. My point? When in the past did players from Michigan, Clemson, Texas A & M AND NOTRE DAME all choose to transfer to Minnesota??? NEVER. Now under Fleck, he got one of them 2 years ago and 3 of them this year. Grad transfers, so guy who could go anywhere. 2 players made a pre-season all america roster. I could go on and on like this.

Minnesota's got a very new Student Center-Village/Practice Center that came about soon after Fleck showed up. UMn's got a better record than all but one of the 15 schools either coming to the B1G or considered a candidate. The one they don't, is Oregon and they've only got one less win than Oregon over the last 6 years. You going to say Oregon is a nobody?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They climb the rankings by beating up on a bunch of nobodies, basically. Whoopdeedoo!

And Minnesota's hardly dead. Compare it's first 4 non-covid years to Clemson's first 4 years under their current coach and there is not much difference.

One sign of the progress made under Fleck? instead of having one good year and then falling back down out of contention, this should be the 3rd straight year being a contender for the West Division Title. After last year, UMn sent 8 former players into the NFL, 4 via the draft, 4 others via free agency. 12-17 years ago, there was one year UMn had ONLY ONE guy playing in the NFL, now they've got between 20-30. UMn's now got Grad transfers from 3 of the Top 8 teams in the poll right now, with a 4th player who transferred out of the Top 8 team after only 2 years, he's been here 2 and has 2 more years of eligibility left. My point? When in the past did players from Michigan, Clemson, Texas A & M AND NOTRE DAME all choose to transfer to Minnesota??? NEVER. Now under Fleck, he got one of them 2 years ago and 3 of them this year. Grad transfers, so guy who could go anywhere. 2 players made a pre-season all america roster. I could go on and on like this.

Minnesota's got a very new Student Center-Village/Practice Center that came about soon after Fleck showed up. UMn's got a better record than all but one of the 15 schools either coming to the B1G or considered a candidate. The one they don't, is Oregon and they've only got one less win than Oregon over the last 6 years. You going to say Oregon is a nobody?
Minnesota plays in the Big Ten West, one of the worst divisions in college football. How are you mocking another team’s schedule?

Here is why Minnesota isn’t Clemson. They can’t recruit. These are all 247 composite rankings for Minnesota:
2022 - 49th
2021 - 38th
2020 - 38th
2019 - 45th
2018 - 38th

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota plays in the Big Ten West, one of the worst divisions in college football. How are you mocking another team’s schedule?

Here is why Minnesota isn’t Clemson. They can’t recruit. These are all 247 composite rankings for Minnesota:
2022 - 49th
2021 - 38th
2020 - 38th
2019 - 45th
2018 - 38th
No, the Big Ten West is NOT one of the worst divisions in college football you absolute moron!

It's better than BOTH of the Divisions of the Pac-12, it's better than at least one of the Divisions of the ACC and it's better than one of the Divisions of the SEC. That makes it one of the BEST divisions in college football, 3rd best overall. Granted the Big 12 doesn't have divisions, so it's hard to judge them vs all the Conferences with divisions, and I've already done the research so I wouldn't push this and make yourself look even dumber than you already look.

And recruiting rankings don't win games. Coaches and players do. A good coach or recruiter can find talent where the rankings don't reflect it. Also, it's been proven that far more often than not, players who commit to top schools rankings rise after the commitment and players who commit to non top schools fall. Now it's not every time or across the board, but like I said, more often than not. So like I said, it's wins I pay attention to.

Oh, and Dabo, in years 2-4, had only won 25 games, while Fleck in his 2-4th non covid years won 27 games!!!

Fleck only has to win 9 games this year to keep up with Dabo. Dabo didn't have his breakout season, going 14-1, losing the Title game until his 8th year at Clemson, took til his 9th year there before he won the title. That gives Fleck 4 more seasons to get 14 wins or into the Title game and 5 more to win a Natl Title. Not saying that will happen, but it absolutely could.

Boglodyte

2 things that make life worth living, guns/cigars
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of those games I really hope the ground opens up and both teams fall into the depths of hell.

That said
osu 28
nd 24