• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any Bass Fishermen On Here?

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do quite a bit of bass fishing up here in Nebraska. Mostly largemouth but like to get into the Walleye too if possible. Got a spot just west of here too where we catch 30-50 lb catfish at night.

Just waiting for the lakes and ponds to lock up now so I can get the ice hut out.

RTider77

Voluntary Refugee.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pics above are from the City of Gadsdens main launch site. All of the large tournaments are held and blast off from here.

RTider77

Voluntary Refugee.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do quite a bit of bass fishing up here in Nebraska. Mostly largemouth but like to get into the Walleye too if possible. Got a spot just west of here too where we catch 30-50 lb catfish at night.

Just waiting for the lakes and ponds to lock up now so I can get the ice hut out.
Would love to try some walleye fishing one day. Too far south I suppose here on the Coosa for them. I have heard they are some great eating.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A new to the Hoop member here. Been fishing for anything that will bite since I was about 6 years old so, close to 50 years now. Mostly bass and occasionally crappie (the best tasting fish in my area). Was raised on the banks of the Coosa river in NE Alabama. But, also regularly fish impoundments on the Tennessee river, especially Guntersville. I do get in some deep sea fishing once or twice a year as my brother has a house in Ft. Morgan, Alabama. Just curious who all was interested in bass or crappie, especially in my area. My son fishes with the Alabama Bass Federation or did the past few years. Hit me up and let's talk fishing!!! RTR!!!
I'm like 90% a bass fisherman and then 10% pan/walleye. I grew up fishing the local lakes/rivers around Ann Arbor so all my stuff is pretty targeted to that. It wasn't until the last 6 or so years when my Uncle started inviting us on fishing trips that I started targeting other things. Quite honestly, my favorite fish to catch now is the Northern Pike. You get a big one on and it's like a fighting log that tastes awesome. But it's been exciting the last few years as I've branched out and started getting different rigs/setups to fish with. IMO, half the fun in fishing is the gear you collect and use.

Here's a blackened pike I cooked up in northern Canada a couple years ago:
19274939_10103938463709254_1669388585551152393_n.jpg

RTider77

Voluntary Refugee.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm like 90% a bass fisherman and then 10% pan/walleye. I grew up fishing the local lakes/rivers around Ann Arbor so all my stuff is pretty targeted to that. It wasn't until the last 6 or so years when my Uncle started inviting us on fishing trips that I started targeting other things. Quite honestly, my favorite fish to catch now is the Northern Pike. You get a big one on and it's like a fighting log that tastes awesome. But it's been exciting the last few years as I've branched out and started getting different rigs/setups to fish with. IMO, half the fun in fishing is the gear you collect and use.

Here's a blackened pike I cooked up in northern Canada a couple years ago:
19274939_10103938463709254_1669388585551152393_n.jpg
That fish looks delicious!!!

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That fish looks delicious!!!
The only thing I haven't figured out yet is how to get all the Y bones out properly. You have to do this weird sideways cut that I can never do in the moment. It looks so easy on YouTube videos lol.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I haven't figured out yet is how to get all the Y bones out properly. You have to do this weird sideways cut that I can never do in the moment. It looks so easy on YouTube videos lol.
Sounds like cleaning shad. I've never seen a fish with more bones!

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like cleaning shad. I've never seen a fish with more bones!
Look at this shit, it's bonkers:

y-bones.jpg

But it's the best tasting freshwater fish IMO....it just sucks to fillet

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A new to the Hoop member here. Been fishing for anything that will bite since I was about 6 years old so, close to 50 years now. Mostly bass and occasionally crappie (the best tasting fish in my area). Was raised on the banks of the Coosa river in NE Alabama. But, also regularly fish impoundments on the Tennessee river, especially Guntersville. I do get in some deep sea fishing once or twice a year as my brother has a house in Ft. Morgan, Alabama. Just curious who all was interested in bass or crappie, especially in my area. My son fishes with the Alabama Bass Federation or did the past few years. Hit me up and let's talk fishing!!! RTR!!!
As a Canuckistanian, I fish for smallies in Northern Ontario. They fight like there`s no tomorrow and provide no end of entertainment. Five to six pounders may sound small as compared to large mouth but the fight is immense for anybody who knows smallies. I also go for big ass Northern Pike, the kind you really fear getting your hands near the mouth. My buddy caught a 40 inch long Northern last year and I caught a few 35 inch long ones. Good times!

RTider77

Voluntary Refugee.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A kid I used to coach and friend of my son, took this monster this weekend not far from the house. Nice!!!
facebook_1546207958421.jpg