• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any Bass Fishermen On Here?

RTider77

Voluntary Refugee.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A new to the Hoop member here. Been fishing for anything that will bite since I was about 6 years old so, close to 50 years now. Mostly bass and occasionally crappie (the best tasting fish in my area). Was raised on the banks of the Coosa river in NE Alabama. But, also regularly fish impoundments on the Tennessee river, especially Guntersville. I do get in some deep sea fishing once or twice a year as my brother has a house in Ft. Morgan, Alabama. Just curious who all was interested in bass or crappie, especially in my area. My son fishes with the Alabama Bass Federation or did the past few years. Hit me up and let's talk fishing!!! RTR!!!

RTider77

Voluntary Refugee.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5UAi6G3M2WzeRhYsVR255g==.jpg
A Coosa river Spot. (Alabama Spotted Bass). Also have the Alabama Red Eyed Bass here. Indeginous to feeder creeks to the extreme upper regions of the Coosa, NE Bama and some NW Georgia. A rare species, that you have to fish for kinda like a trout. Except, it's Water Moccasin territory. Lol

RTider77

Voluntary Refugee.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bed on the Little Cove Creek a feeder creek to the Coosa. This was while wading last spring, about a mile from the Coosa and about 3 million water Moccasins and Copperheads. I shit you not. Lol 20180511_171535.jpg

RTider77

Voluntary Refugee.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, for you folks interested in a good fishing story or even a few damn good lies. Lol Hit me up!!! Plenty of information to share. RTR!!!

michigaNDer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up on the water. Don't get to fish as much here, as I moved and there aren't too many lakes to fish. The lake I grew up on and just left, had a bass tournament almost every week. I never entered any. I just liked going out on the boat or sitting at the end of the dock.

As a kid, my favorite thing was to go out at night for gar Pike. I'm not much for eating, so I like the fight and fun of it. Biggest I ever caught was about 4'. I've seen bigger, but I hear they get huge down south.

RTider77

Voluntary Refugee.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up on the water. Don't get to fish as much here, as I moved and there aren't too many lakes to fish. The lake I grew up on and just left, had a bass tournament almost every week. I never entered any. I just liked going out on the boat or sitting at the end of the dock.

As a kid, my favorite thing was to go out at night for gar Pike. I'm not much for eating, so I like the fight and fun of it. Biggest I ever caught was about 4'. I've seen bigger, but I hear they get huge down south.
Not sure if the gar pike is the same we have, but, I have seen them here many times and cussed them almost as many. If you are throwing a top water frog for bass in the grass, those bastards will cut your line striking at your frog damn near everytime. Face full of razors!!!

michigaNDer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if the gar pike is the same we have, but, I have seen them here many times and cussed them almost as many. If you are throwing a top water frog for bass in the grass, those bastards will cut your line striking at your frog damn near everytime. Face full of razors!!!
Yep. Need a steel leader. They're fun. You can catch them with a flashlight and a net, but on a line is fun. They come in shallow at night and feed on bluegill, Perch, Rock bass, etc. I'd catch some two inchers on the shore with a net, throw em on a treble hook with a leader and bobber. You can see them coming in on top of the water like a shark. They go past on the shallow side and do a 180. They'll grab the bait and you let them take it out about 75' , then set the hook. Good fight. A lot of times, you have a mess and need snips, as the leader will be wrapped around their snout.

Cool fish in an aquarium too. I would catch hundreds of them after they hatched in June. They grow about a foot by the end of the summer.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t fish a lot for Bass. When I do it’s usually for crappie, some largemouth bass.

Lived on the Atlantic Ocean for awhile and once you go there, it’s all downhill when going back to fresh water. Still good tho just not like catching Snook or Reds

65F22201-B1C8-4C3F-9A46-93D88A7F670C.jpeg

michigaNDer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t fish a lot for Bass. When I do it’s usually for crappie, some largemouth bass.

Lived on the Atlantic Ocean for awhile and once you go there, it’s all downhill when going back to fresh water. Still good tho just not like catching Snook or Reds

View attachment 192701
I love snapper!!!

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, mofo!! Love some bass and crappie!! Check out the "I catch 'em when I go" thread.

Last edited: