• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Antonio Brown tweets goodbye

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said you wanted to know what led up to it. Now you know.

Sounds like a bunch of nothing to me

In then end I really don't trust any media sources so I am always apprehensive. His numbers are beyond what the Pats would pay this I know. I just feel if by magic the Pats did ink him and the league allowed Gordon back, it could be real scary for teams

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In then end I really don't trust any media sources so I am always apprehensive. His numbers are beyond what the Pats would pay this I know. I just feel if by magic the Pats did ink him and the league allowed Gordon back, it could be real scary for teams

I was referring to his Twitter responses. That’s HIS version of why he left.

The pats wouldn’t take him at any price. They shipped Jamie Collins out of town bc he freelanced on defense too much. They wouldn’t stand for someone walking out of practice for the reasons brown gave.

Brown still thinks he’s in the right. He isn’t. He’s paid to perform. He can FEEL whatever he wants about Ben, Tomlin, etc but he doesn’t get to walk out on the team because of those feelings.

You said you wanted to know what happened, what was said, etc ... well now you know.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was referring to his Twitter responses. That’s HIS version of why he left.

The pats wouldn’t take him at any price. They shipped Jamie Collins out of town bc he freelanced on defense too much. They wouldn’t stand for someone walking out of practice for the reasons brown gave.

Brown still thinks he’s in the right. He isn’t. He’s paid to perform. He can FEEL whatever he wants about Ben, Tomlin, etc but he doesn’t get to walk out on the team because of those feelings.

You said you wanted to know what happened, what was said, etc ... well now you know.

Okay and again, don't really care. But if you feel like continuing an already moot conversation we can go on.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay and again, don't really care. But if you feel like continuing an already moot conversation we can go on.

Ok... was just curious about your thoughts.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok... was just curious about your thoughts.
As I said the same. We all know WR is the most dramatic position in the game that has never changed. And a lot of the drama allowed or quelled depends on how the team in managed. A team can either squash it or allow it, but above all else keep in the locker room. The Steelers failed at this, as I said this organization seems to be crumbling.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said the same. We all know WR is the most dramatic position in the game that has never changed. And a lot of the drama allowed or quelled depends on how the team in managed. A team can either squash it or allow it, but above all else keep in the locker room. The Steelers failed at this, as I said this organization seems to be crumbling.

Sounds like you are putting more blame on the Steelers than Brown. Is that accurate?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like you are putting more blame on the Steelers than Brown. Is that accurate?

I think they managed the situation poorly and I fully understand it's hard to manage personality. We can all pretty much rest assured AB acted like an immature Prima Donna and like I said the league knows especially with this position drama is a foregone conclusion. I think the team failed to manage it correctly yes, sure do. But by no means is this all on them.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they managed the situation poorly and I fully understand it's hard to manage personality. We can all pretty much rest assured AB acted like an immature Prima Donna and like I said the league knows especially with this position drama is a foregone conclusion. I think the team failed to manage it correctly yes, sure do. But by no means is this all on them.

It’s funny... I was at the gym this morning and had my headphones on listening to music but on the TV was First Take. I absolutely HATE that show but I’m on a machine, it’s literally staring me in the face and it has the closed captioning on. The panel was discussing the AB situation. Stephen A was in his usual full Tomlin support mode and I was about to turn away when I saw Louis Riddick speaking. I really like him. I find him to be very knowledgeable and insightful. He had a lot of insightful things to say on the situation. Basically, he was saying how he felt the entire situation was “out of bounds”. He was saying that NONE of this should be playing out publicly. Ben, Tomlin, AB even the owner should all be silent about it. He was saying nothing good will come from having this continue to play out in the media.

I found that interesting for a couple of reasons. First, I think this is your position. Second, I saw it as a shot at Stephen A for basically being a “shill” for Tomlin and constantly giving Tomlins side of things. Look, admittedly I didn’t see the whole thing and like I said I was only half interested but what he was saying seemed to make sense. If you can find the segment somewhere you might find it interesting.

At this time last year the Pats were knee deep in drama. BB and Brady were at odds. Malcolm Butler was essentially benched. Rumors were everywhere!! There was a lot of speculation but none of the principles ever went on record with anything. It’s pretty clear that whatever was going on they were able to get past. That’s going to be more difficult for the Steelers bc it’s all been made public. That’s another point Riddick made. I tend to agree with him.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s funny how the image of BB looks identical except flipped. Oh well... can’t argue with “actual photo evidence”!

:L
So one is real and one isn’t. Are you saying both are fake?

:D

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK
THAT

When has Wilson ever done anything with a big name veteran receiver acquisition?

Oh I agree 100%. I was just playing Madden, lol. For the money and picks Brown will require I don't want a 30 year old WR with a TON of targets on his body.

Anyway, if Baldwin can get healthy this year - given the progression of Lockett we should be fine if we can maybe snag some cheaper free agents for depth. I also want to know where the fuck David Moore went the last few games of the season. He was doing really well for a small stretch. Darboh appears to be a complete bust of a pick...

Also, a good tight end option would be nice as well (# of mocks have us taking one with our 1st, I'd rather go D-Line since we gave up the 3rd highest YPC in the NFL).