• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Antetokounmpo's secret tweet... Al Hortford to Bucks?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure Horford is really that much of an upgrade from Lopez for what it will cost to get him and the inevitable diminishing returns with age.

Defintely an upgrade from Lopez.

Not quite as good a shooter, but a more rounded offensive player and he can knock down shots.

On the defensive end though?

Horford is pretty damn good. Can even guard bigger perimeter players.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Bucks sign Horford, then Lopez shouldn't be resigned, nor he will want to resign IMO... He wouldn't resign to come from bench... I wouldn't!

If the Bucks can get Horford for 4/50, then resigning Mirotic is still manageable... It would only mean going temporarily into the lux tax for this year.

There isn't only the two expirings (16.5M) going off the books next season, it also is another 2M out of stretching Howes that goes off and off course another 12M of cap rise coming.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure Horford is really that much of an upgrade from Lopez for what it will cost to get him and the inevitable diminishing returns with age.
Much faster legs, far better playmaking, more athletic and with far more basketball IQ... Can post a bull!
Age shouldn't be a problem with his body structure...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Bucks sign Horford, then Lopez shouldn't be resigned, nor he will want to resign IMO... He wouldn't resign to come from bench... I wouldn't!

If the Bucks can get Horford for 4/50, then resigning Mirotic is still manageable... It would only mean going temporarily into the lux tax for this year.

There isn't only the two expirings (16.5M) going off the books next season, it also is another 2M out of stretching Howes that goes off and off course another 12M of cap rise coming.

Bucks aren't signing Horford. He's looking for 4/100 (he just turned down 30.1 for this year alone).

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucks aren't signing Horford. He's looking for 4/100 (he just turned down 30.1 for this year alone).
Horford never said what he is looking for... He declined his option, although that was against his financial interests, which alone suggests that money isn't a priority for him at this (final) stage of his career...

Not all players are after the higher salary they can get and Horford is already a very rich man. What a player of his level would normally be after is what will affect his after career fame (and income) which is simply the title, or titles he can add in the limited time he has left.

Of course one can have a different opinion than mine, but so do I with respect to his...

My opinion is that Horford left the Celtics because his jugement is that he can't win there and his list of teams is very small and includes the Bucks...

Giannis' (unusual) reaction to the outcome of the negotiations, also suggests that the outcome is somehow related to Giannis' interests.

Only my opinion... We are all trying to value the information that is available here and pick the correct ones... Each with his POV on things, repoters and sports analysts too.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4/50

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horford never said what he is looking for... He declined his option, although that was against his financial interests, which alone suggests that money isn't a priority for him at this (final) stage of his career...

Not all players are after the higher salary they can get and Horford is already a very rich man. What a player of his level would normally be after is what will affect his after career fame (and income) which is simply the title, or titles he can add in the limited time he has left.

Of course one can have a different opinion than mine, but so do I with respect to his...

My opinion is that Horford left the Celtics because his jugement is that he can't win there and his list of teams is very small and includes the Bucks...

Giannis' (unusual) reaction to the outcome of the negotiations, also suggests that the outcome is somehow related to Giannis' interests.

Only my opinion... We are all trying to value the information that is available here and pick the correct ones... Each with his POV on things, repoters and sports analysts too.

I guess you don't see a difference between $30 and $25M and $30 and $12M. Huge difference, I know math is hard for you though. In a 4 year deal cutting his salary by only $5M/year, he loses $20M. Cutting his salary for a drastic $18M, he loses $72M. That is a $52M difference, he would accept less but you are stupid if you think he is losing over $50M.

I could even see him accepting $18-$20M per year possibly but no way $12M

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mavericks the favorite to land Al Horford, both L.A. teams in pursuit

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you don't see a difference between $30 and $25M and $30 and $12M. Huge difference, I know math is hard for you though. In a 4 year deal cutting his salary by only $5M/year, he loses $20M. Cutting his salary for a drastic $18M, he loses $72M. That is a $52M difference, he would accept less but you are stupid if you think he is losing over $50M.

I could even see him accepting $18-$20M per year possibly but no way $12M
Again... Everybody has a jugement of his own depending on his POV and that includes reporters who also have some information on which teams may show interest (2/3rds of the league)....

Still not a word from Horford himself on what he is looking for, nor I think there will be one before he signs.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not disagree with you. Really those types of deals end up going to players who simply don't deserve 85-90% of what the actual superstars are getting.

But that is the reality of the system. If Milwaukee doesn't pay him, some talent starved franchise will.

The end result is that the Bucks will eventually have to choose between breaking up their core or paying a lot of tax.

We aren't there yet, but not too far away.

Its just going too far. They dont want to refer to owners as owners because it refers to players as slaves, slaves that make 20-40 million a year to play a game, and 100 million to wear shoes. Slaves did not get shoes.

Maybe I am wrong, if Middleton was there all the time his max would be 220 wouldnt it? Thats 45 million.