• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ant-Man (2015)

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After years of waiting to see who would play Ant-Man for Edgar Wright, it has been officially announced that Paul Rudd has been cast in the role:
“Marvel’s “Ant-Man” has found its hero in Paul Rudd, who will star in the new film from director Edgar Wright hitting theaters July 31, 2015!
The casting of Rudd represents the actor that Marvel had long ago identified as its first choice to play Ant-Man, continuing the studio’s desire to cast actors that bring several dimensions to its onscreen heroes. The film’s plot is being kept under wraps.
“When Edgar Wright came to us with the idea of Paul Rudd, we felt a huge sense of relief because the first step in creating any Marvel Studios film is finding the right star,” said Marvel’s Kevin Feige. “We knew early on that we had found the right person in Paul. When he not only agreed to do it but became as enthusiastic as any actor we’d ever met with about doing the work, we knew we’d found the right guy. We couldn’t be more excited for our audiences to see what he’s going to do to bring Ant-Man to life.”
Rudd brings a diverse background to the role having become one of the industry’s most known actors with a reputation for smart, funny and creative performances. Rudd can currently be seen in “Anchor Man 2: The Legend Continues,” as well as past roles in “Anchorman,” “This Is 40,” “I Love You, Man,” “Role Models,” “Forgetting Sarah Marshall,” “Our Idiot Brother,” “Knocked Up,” and “The 40-Year-Old Virgin” among numerous other films, television shows and primetime animation.
In addition to “Ant-Man,” Marvel Studios will release a slate of films based on the Marvel characters including “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” on April 4, 2014; “Guardians of the Galaxy” on August 1, 2014; and “Avengers: Age of Ultron” on May 1, 2015.”

It's Official: Paul Rudd to Play Ant-Man | Daily Dead

Don't really know much about this Marvel character, but will see the movie. Marvel has some big name movies coming out in the next 16-20 months.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm9drIwmmU4]Adam & The Ants - Antmusic - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B2a6l6wM2k]Adam & The Ants - Stand And Deliver - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o41A91X5pns]Adam Ant - Goody Two Shoes - YouTube[/ame]

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ant-Man (as Hank Pym) is a scientist/inventor. His intelligence is on par with Stark.

His "super power" is a mask that allows him to manipulate his size. When he shrinks, he is able to communicate with insects and control their behavior. When he grows, he is referred to as Giant-Man instead, and has super-strength (obviously, due to his size).

The mask changes hands a few times, so different people become Ant-Man, and Pym himself ends up having a few other "Super Hero" personas himself.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard of Ant Man, but I'll watch it just because it has Paul Rudd in it.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he in anywhere tied in with Spiderman or other big name Marvel characters?

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the comics, he was an original member, a founder if you will.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if he will be in the third Avengers then?

His movie will be released after A2. He should be a key player in A3. I believe A3 will be primarily a different set of heroes (Captain Marvel, Miss Marvel, Vision, Ant-Man, Wasp, Panther, maybe DareDevil, Cage and IronFist).

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His movie will be released after A2. He should be a key player in A3. I believe A3 will be primarily a different set of heroes (Captain Marvel, Miss Marvel, Vision, Ant-Man, Wasp, Panther, maybe DareDevil, Cage and IronFist).

Think they're gonna go that far away from all the main ones in the last installment of the series? I can't see it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think they're gonna go that far away from all the main ones in the last installment of the series? I can't see it.

I dont think they have all the "main" guys signed for A3 yet (Downey actually signed on for IM4 and A3 a couple months ago, IIRC). The guys I mentioned are actually pretty major characters of the Avengers (Wasp, Panther, Ant-Man specifically, and given the main baddy of A2, Vision HAS to be in A3).

I just wish they were able to get Spidey, Wolverine and the Fantastic Four. But real-world issues get in the way of that.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I doubt A3 will be the last installment. A3 is simply the end of the current plan.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think they have all the "main" guys signed for A3 yet (Downey actually signed on for IM4 and A3 a couple months ago, IIRC). The guys I mentioned are actually pretty major characters of the Avengers (Wasp, Panther, Ant-Man specifically, and given the main baddy of A2, Vision HAS to be in A3).

I just wish they were able to get Spidey, Wolverine and the Fantastic Four. But real-world issues get in the way of that.

Wish Sony and Marvel could come to an agreement to get Spiderman in the movies, sucks it probably wont ever happen.

I doubt A3 will be the last installment. A3 is simply the end of the current plan.

Well that's what I meant, of this series. Sure they can go further into the universe with the characters you mentioned.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does that mean paul rudd is playing giant man too...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Official: Paul Rudd to Play Ant-Man | Daily Dead

Don't really know much about this Marvel character, but will see the movie. Marvel has some big name movies coming out in the next 16-20 months.

The linked page has ads for monster shirts.......
they-live-obey.gif

^^^want

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Spoilers coming so stop reading) From what I've read, the upcoming Avengers movie will tie all the movies together (Iron Mans, Avengers, Thors, Cpt America, Ant Man, Guardians of the Galaxy). They'll face a big super villain so stop reading if you don't want to be spoiled...last chance...the collector. He was shown at the end of Thor 2. Should be good.

End Spoilers

Last edited by a moderator: