• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another trade offer, but IDK....

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd renegotiate the deal to lower the 2nd Rd pick if nothing else... Pretty good deal though.

I'm very high on Godwin this season.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Accepted the deal. Appreciate the advice given here.:thumb:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, was out getting the kids from daycare.

I think I actually like both sides, without knowing full rosters.

You moved quality depth, but got an emerging stud receiver. Brady noodle arm myth is lazy and inaccurate.

"WhaT aBoUt PeYtoN's dRoP oFf?"
Brady didn't have career threatening nerve issues in his neck last time I checked.

How many passes in a non-blowout NFL game travel father than 20yds in the air?
3-4 per team?
Yeah, I'm not downgrading the GOAT's ability to get the ball into his playmaker's hands in Arians' offense. Think I just saw something today that said Brady is 2nd in completion % and 1st in yds on throws under 20yds over the last 3 seasons.

Nice trade.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You moved quality depth, but got an emerging stud receiver. Brady noodle arm myth is lazy and inaccurate.

Brady didn't have career threatening nerve issues in his neck last time I checked.

3-4 per team?
Yeah, I'm not downgrading the GOAT's ability to get the ball into his playmaker's hands in Arians' offense. Think I just saw something today that said Brady is 2nd in completion % and 1st in yds on throws under 20yds over the last 3 seasons.

Nice trade.
Well thanks for the nice trade remark. As far as Brady goes, no need to debate last year, no need to debate he's changing teams and has a whole new offense to learn and has to get some chemistry going with team mates. The man is 43 and for the NFL that alone is quiet worrisome IMO. That cliff has got to be damn close.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3-4 per team?

Nice trade.
I only apply Brady's noodle arm as a negative when discussing Mike Evans value...I think its an asset for Godwin, just as much as its a negative for Evans. But thats me

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only apply Brady's noodle arm as a negative when discussing Mike Evans value...I think its an asset for Godwin, just as much as its a negative for Evans. But thats me

but again, only a small percentage of Evans' catches last season traveled father than 20yds in the air.
It's not extremely common occurrence, and Brady is going to get the ball to the open guy.

Defenses focus on Evans, Godwin will eat. Defenses focus on Godwin, Evans will eat. There will be some games where they both eat, and I'm sure there will be some games where they both struggle and your Scotty Millers/OJ's/Gronk's (or hell, even Cam Brate or Rojo!!) get theirs.

I'm more concerned about Brady spreading the wealth than I am about his arm strength.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this but I would have advised you to take the deal and I'm higher on Moss than most. Godwin is by far the best player in the deal, so if all things are even the guy getting the best players wins.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4 of the top 10 longest throws in NFL history are by Brady

Bradys arm may not be what it was, but it was never weak

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your getting penny, slayton and a 1?

im not on slaytons bandwagon...he got work because of injuries, and had some skews with TD's hes buried as of now....

and penny likely will be hurt again.

EDIT: wait your trading slayton penny and a #1?

yes yes yes

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your getting penny, slayton and a 1?

im not on slaytons bandwagon...he got work because of injuries, and had some skews with TD's hes buried as of now....

and penny likely will be hurt again.

EDIT: wait your trading slayton penny and a #1?

yes yes yes
:L Now you figure that out. Best grab a cup of coffee.:dhd:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but again, only a small percentage of Evans' catches last season traveled father than 20yds in the air.
It's not extremely common occurrence, and Brady is going to get the ball to the open guy.

Defenses focus on Evans, Godwin will eat. Defenses focus on Godwin, Evans will eat. There will be some games where they both eat, and I'm sure there will be some games where they both struggle and your Scotty Millers/OJ's/Gronk's (or hell, even Cam Brate or Rojo!!) get theirs.

I'm more concerned about Brady spreading the wealth than I am about his arm strength.
Small percentage of catches yes, bigger percentage of his production though..which may not be a huge percentage, but significant, whereas Godwin got many of his long catches via YAC. 2nd in the league only to Mike Thomas in YAC.

Wish I could find real numbers but they're evading me tonight, so ive gotta speculate a bit, but with 17 catches of 20+, a bare minimum of 340 of his roughly 1200 yards came on "big plays", basically %33, and with 7 of those being over 40, and at least 2 of those being 60+ yd TD's, that percentage is probably a bit bigger.

But one interesting number I did find. Winston led the league in pass attempts over 20 yards (84). Rodgers had 80, and no one else was even close. Brady had 50. Those opportunities will be going down.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4 of the top 10 longest throws in NFL history are by Brady

Bradys arm may not be what it was, but it was never weak

All of them ten+ years ago...

Never said he didn't have a strong arm..just that he doesn't anymore. :)

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got offered Godwin

For Lockett, Z. Moss and a second.

I think it's a good value on the face of it, but I just traded for Singletary and was counting on a Singletary/Moss combo for my RB2 and my depth is highly questionable at RB. Mike Boone, Chris Thompson, Darrel Williams and Penny.

He sent out a slew of offers, so if I want to do this I should act. However I'm just not sure it's wise. Need advice quickly.

@Shanemansj13 , @TREFF @averagejoe @SmokingMonkey @MilkSpiller22 ( always good to hear a opposing side ) @TKOSpikes @leftypower @Bandit @tlance @Trudem @Chef99 @SteelersPride @FaCe-LeE-uS @broncosmitty@stomp @anyone with a opinion.

that’s too pricy for me.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Godwin in a dynasty. Young, already talently proven, I think he works well with Brady and he will still be good once Brady is gone

New to Dynasty, what type of value do you usually find in the 2nd round in dynasty?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Godwin in a dynasty. Young, already talently proven, I think he works well with Brady and he will still be good once Brady is gone

New to Dynasty, what type of value do you usually find in the 2nd round in dynasty?
Startup or a rookie draft? Rookie draft its usually pretty thin, but theres always something.

In a startup draft, assuming a normal 10-12 team, theres excellent talent in the second. More or less the same as in a redraft. About the biggest difference in the early rounds is the rookies and second year guys who had big rookie year will go much quicker, and the dudes that are hitting thier late 20's (28-29-30) fall, guys like Brady, Brees, AP, they are usually way late

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Startup or a rookie draft? Rookie draft its usually pretty thin, but theres always something.

In a startup draft, assuming a normal 10-12 team, theres excellent talent in the second. More or less the same as in a redraft. About the biggest difference in the early rounds is the rookies and second year guys who had big rookie year will go much quicker, and the dudes that are hitting thier late 20's (28-29-30) fall, guys like Brady, Brees, AP, they are usually way late
Rookie draft, just had my startup draft a couple days ago

With the rookie draft being more thin, I side with Godwin end of the trade