• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another question

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if after new management takes over.Things are done correctly IE hire a GM n he hires who he sees fit.Said GM then offers a job to EB as OC only to stay on n continue running his offense with Howell at the helm.

Does EB take the job? Should he take the job?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,646.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give him a shot.

Y'all tried a rookie HC in Gruden's brother who did not pan out and a veteran coach in RR.

Bienemy is a way better OC than Gruden was before he got the HC position. Do not give him a long contract from the jump though......say a 3 year deal or so. So if he does not work out (I think he will personally) it will not be a bad firing financially.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if after new management takes over.Things are done correctly IE hire a GM n he hires who he sees fit.Said GM then offers a job to EB as OC only to stay on n continue running his offense with Howell at the helm.

Thats a tough one. It really depends on his other options. Because if he stays, he realistically wouldn’t have a shot at HC here for a few years. Of course, being unemployed sucks.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give him a shot.

Y'all tried a rookie HC in Gruden's brother who did not pan out and a veteran coach in RR.

Bienemy is a way better OC than Gruden was before he got the HC position. Do not give him a long contract from the jump though......say a 3 year deal or so. So if he does not work out (I think he will personally) it will not be a bad firing financially.
A coaches contract isn't bad for anyone except an owner. It counts nothing against the cap. I hear ya though. No need giving out a 10 year/100 mill contract. That would be cray cray huh.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,646.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A coaches contract isn't bad for anyone except an owner. It counts nothing against the cap. I hear ya though. No need giving out a 10 year/100 mill contract. That would be cray cray huh.
I know but the Raiders have paid Gruden and McDaniels in a very short amount of time....

The 2nd part is what I was referring to. Give him a short term contract to prove himself and not a 5-6 year deal for a first time HC.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure if he takes it or not. If and when Ron gets fired it probably means this team flamed out again to close the season.

Not sure who would be standing in line to hire him after that. In contrast maybe Howell makes a probowl or at least continues to put up numbers and a team like the Bears wants him to work with Caleb.

If no one calls, and Harris doesn't give it to him I would hope his pride wouldn't get in the way and he would keep working with Sam.

We all know the climate of the NFL and the nation in general. Harris, right or wrong would get a lot of shit for passing EB over but asking him to say on. Don't see it.

What if Michigan gets the semi death penalty and Harbaugh bolts for DC. Does a Harbaugh/EB tandem work?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if he takes it or not. If and when Ron gets fired it probably means this team flamed out again to close the season.

Not sure who would be standing in line to hire him after that. In contrast maybe Howell makes a probowl or at least continues to put up numbers and a team like the Bears wants him to work with Caleb.

If no one calls, and Harris doesn't give it to him I would hope his pride wouldn't get in the way and he would keep working with Sam.

We all know the climate of the NFL and the nation in general. Harris, right or wrong would get a lot of shit for passing EB over but asking him to say on. Don't see it.

What if Michigan gets the semi death penalty and Harbaugh bolts for DC. Does a Harbaugh/EB tandem work?
Harbaugh just got 3 games off the sideline. He can coach during the week.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contrary to some recent opinions EB will definitely get HC offers. I can see Chicago, the Chargers and the Raiders as three who will pursue him.
Specifically to the original question, EB will only accept that OC job if he feels that he isn't ready to take on HCing duties. Should he? Well, unless he is totally convinced that operationally Harris and his group are determined to run a top notch professional franchise... No!

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh just got 3 games off the sideline. He can coach during the week.
So that whole thingis settled? The video taping and the recruiting violations.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contrary to some recent opinions EB will definitely get HC offers. I can see Chicago, the Chargers and the Raiders as three who will pursue him.
Specifically to the original question, EB will only accept that OC job if he feels that he isn't ready to take on HCing duties. Should he? Well, unless he is totally convinced that operationally Harris and his group are determined to run a top notch professional franchise... No!
Chargers could use a coach. Wasting good Herbert years.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers could use a coach. Wasting good Herbert years.
Correct sir!!
QBs while often being the longest tenured player on a team, only have a limited amount of time before their potential SB windows close. (I believe that we're seeing that in Buffalo right now)
When fully healthy, the Chargers have real talent at key offensive positions, (albeit... aging) but they have a bad defensive minded coach, who like so many others like him would rather lean on what they know (defense) rather than what the league has become! ( A QB league)

Last edited:

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers could use a coach. Wasting good Herbert
Don't know for sure, just telling you what was reported this evening
Yeah I was out of the loop. Just saw that tonight. Appreciate it.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the above scenario EB is still under contract technically so that's that . and technically the only ways EB can get out of it is be fired/let go or he takes a promotion from another team i.e. HC