• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another Dynasty Rookie Draft

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Selection_003.png

I don't have any picks but just to see how the picks fall is interesting . 16 team full PPR. I noticed Sermon went before Carter ( who hasn't been taken yet) in this draft. Think his stock is rising as we get closer to the season.;)

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 273436

I don't have any picks but just to see how the picks fall is interesting . 16 team full PPR. I noticed Sermon went before Carter ( who hasn't been taken yet) in this draft. Think his stock is rising as we get closer to the season.;)
I think that's going to be a personal preference thing. I'd rather have Carter because I just think he will be on the field more, but Sermon is on a better team so he might be able to do more even with less touches, so I could see going either way. Honestly I'd rather have either than Williams, I'm just not that convinced he's that great. Surprised that Lawrence fell all the way to 9, but so much of that depends on roster construction.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 273436

is it?

I know anecdotal evidence is garbage, but across my 4 dynasty drafts, Sermon has an ADP of 9....so it kinda looks like he's getting drafted right about the same spot for every league I've seen so far. (12th, 9th, 7th, 8th - and now 8th here)

Hard to tell though, cause when you look at ADP stuff online, they'll have 10 WRs ahead of him, lol

Feel like all of my drafts have had 2 groupings of RB, the top 3 within the first 6 picks, then Carter/Sermon/Gainwell within the next 8-10

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only big shocker I see in that one thus far is the poor bastard that took J. Williams over Chase and Pitts. I'm of the same mind as Bandit...liked Carter's game in college to be a better pro than Williams anyways. Wouldn't go so far as to call it fuckery, if he needed a RB, he needed a RB...but he'll regret the one he took

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is it?

I know anecdotal evidence is garbage, but across my 4 dynasty drafts, Sermon has an ADP of 9....so it kinda looks like he's getting drafted right about the same spot for every league I've seen so far. (12th, 9th, 7th, 8th - and now 8th here)

Hard to tell though, cause when you look at ADP stuff online, they'll have 10 WRs ahead of him, lol

Feel like all of my drafts have had 2 groupings of RB, the top 3 within the first 6 picks, then Carter/Sermon/Gainwell within the next 8-10
I think there is 4 tiers of RBs in this years draft.

Tier 1: Harris

Tier 2: Williams, Etienne

Tier 3: Sermon, Carter

Tier 4: Gainwell, Stevenson and Hubbard

Tier 2 I prefer Williams
Tier 3 I prefer Sermon
Tier 4 I prefer Stevenson

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only big shocker I see in that one thus far is the poor bastard that took J. Williams over Chase and Pitts. I'm of the same mind as Bandit...liked Carter's game in college to be a better pro than Williams anyways. Wouldn't go so far as to call it fuckery, if he needed a RB, he needed a RB...but he'll regret the one he took
16 team league RBs are really harder to find then WRs.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is 4 tiers of RBs in this years draft.

Tier 1: Harris

Tier 2: Williams, Etienne

Tier 3: Sermon, Carter

Tier 4: Gainwell, Stevenson and Hubbard

Tier 2 I prefer Williams
Tier 3 I prefer Sermon
Tier 4 I prefer Stevenson

I was referring to draft position, but agree on these talent tiers

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yup, Chase and Pitts over all RBs not named Najee for me

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16 team league RBs are really harder to find then WRs.
Oh I don't doubt that in the slightest, nor do I necessarily blame the guy. I've just got Chase in that generational, one of kind type of player. If yer gonna take anyone over him, you'd better be sure he's gonna be good. Pitts too, to a point, but takes more than freakish athletic ability down the field to be a great NFL TE, he could very well still be the next Johnny Mitchell or Ricky Dudley..or he could break every record.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's going to be a personal preference thing. I'd rather have Carter because I just think he will be on the field more, but Sermon is on a better team so he might be able to do more even with less touches, so I could see going either way. Honestly I'd rather have either than Williams, I'm just not that convinced he's that great. Surprised that Lawrence fell all the way to 9, but so much of that depends on roster construction.
Bingo - -

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So one guy took 3 RBs and Pitts? Must have had an obvious hole at RB.
The top 9 is no surprise. Now is where it gets interesting to me. Teams that kept their picks that made the playoffs should be generally strong and not in dire need of one position. After E. Moore and M. Carter how do the chips fall?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top 9 is no surprise. Now is where it gets interesting to me. Teams that kept their picks that made the playoffs should be generally strong and not in dire need of one position. After E. Moore and M. Carter how do the chips fall?
He had only one RB on his roster, so yeah huge hole at RB.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's Marshall for me once you get beyond the obvious 1st round picks and 3 QBs are off the board

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Marshall for me once you get beyond the obvious 1st round picks and 3 QBs are off the board
I generally think this is where some of the group think players are chosen. I see a lot of R. Bateman, R. Moore and K. Toney in this range, along with J. Fields and T. Lance.
There isn't much I like about any of those WRs landing spots. Either the way their roster is constructed or the intent to break out of the offenses mold in order to use those new players.

Jason Garrett will not create things for Toney. Plus his "position" overlaps Engram, Saquan and Shepard.

RonDale might see more run/pass gadget plays than A. Isabella, but he is built nearly the same with more change of direction. But as a route runner, he might be worse. Then you also have a 5'9 QB throwing passes over giants to a 5'7 WR. This has failure written all over it.

I actually like Bateman, but on a run first and run second team, the TE has the top advantage with matchups. WRs will be needed at times but sporadically, a change-up to the fastball and slider.

I fear the situation Fields is in. If the team doesn't win, the coaching staff will get fired. I like his talent best however, so I am not going to pass on him in that area.

Lance is going to a good team, solid coach, solid weapons and can use his legs. Hardly any risk with him.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I generally think this is where some of the group think players are chosen. I see a lot of R. Bateman, R. Moore and K. Toney in this range, along with J. Fields and T. Lance.
There isn't much I like about any of those WRs landing spots. Either the way their roster is constructed or the intent to break out of the offenses mold in order to use those new players.

Jason Garrett will not create things for Toney. Plus his "position" overlaps Engram, Saquan and Shepard.

RonDale might see more run/pass gadget plays than A. Isabella, but he is built nearly the same with more change of direction. But as a route runner, he might be worse. Then you also have a 5'9 QB throwing passes over giants to a 5'7 WR. This has failure written all over it.

I actually like Bateman, but on a run first and run second team, the TE has the top advantage with matchups. WRs will be needed at times but sporadically, a change-up to the fastball and slider.

I fear the situation Fields is in. If the team doesn't win, the coaching staff will get fired. I like his talent best however, so I am not going to pass on him in that area.

Lance is going to a good team, solid coach, solid weapons and can use his legs. Hardly any risk with him.

Marshall size puts him over all these little guys for me, just as fast, over 200lbs, on a team that had 2 useful fantasy WRs with the mediocre TeddyB at the helm

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Chase the WR I liked best was Bateman, he did everything good and has no holes in his game. I was sooo disappointed to see the Ravens draft him. I still have hope he can make a mark even with Lamar throwing to him, but having Lamar for a QB is a big disadvantage.