• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Another College Gameday for UCF! Magical

UCFhonors

Hoopla Cash
$ 494.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm

Well shit, it checks out.
Then uses a word.. that isn't even a word
UCF honors program grad. :pound:

Irregardless is a word.

Are you just trying to make yourself look UCFoolish?

By any objective criterion, irregardless is a word. It has an established form and meaning, it's used in speech and occasionally in writing, and it's even found in reputable dictionaries, including Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary and The Oxford English Dictionary. When someone uses irregardless, you know exactly what it means, even if you want to pretend otherwise.

This is because words get their wordhood not from etymology or logic or some cultural institution granting them official status, but by convention. The greatest example of this is from my boy, and the greatest writer of the English language, Bill Shakespeare. Shakespeare invented over 1,500 words. Some of his invented words were of the colloquial variety like eyeball while others are words that seem like we can't live without today like critic, control and lapse - as in you had a lapse of control when opening your mouth to try to criticize someone you should not have.

That's your lesson for today.

My next lesson will be on how ad homiens are just an admission that you lack the intellectual capabilities to refute a point.

#UCFacts

UCFhonors

Hoopla Cash
$ 494.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone say it with me now:

"UCFirst they deny.
Then they detract.
Then they come around to the UCFacts."

#UCFacts

Bullitt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irregardless is a word.

By any objective criterion, irregardless is a word. It has an established form and meaning, it's used in speech and occasionally in writing, and it's even found in reputable dictionaries, including Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary and The Oxford English Dictionary. When someone uses irregardless, you know exactly what it means, even if you want to pretend otherwise.

This is because words get their wordhood not from etymology or logic or some cultural institution granting them official status, but by convention. The greatest example of this is from my boy, and the greatest writer of the English language, Bill Shakespeare. Shakespeare invented over 1,500 words. Some of his invented words were of the colloquial variety like eyeball while others are words that seem like we can't live without today like critic, control and lapse - as in you had a lapse of control when opening your mouth to try to criticize someone you should not have.

My next lesson will be on how ad homiens are just an admission that you lack the intellectual capabilities to refute a point.

#UCFacts
Hey you fucking idiot this is from Webster

Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.

Billy boy did not have a damn thing to do with you being a fucking idiot. Carry on.

UCFhonors

Hoopla Cash
$ 494.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey you fucking idiot this is from Webster

Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.

Billy boy did not have a damn thing to do with you being a fucking idiot. Carry on.

Clearly you're too slow to understand paragraph 3. That was already addressed. Really, no surprise.

#UCFacts

Bullitt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly you're too slow to understand paragraph 3. That was already addressed. Really, no surprise.

#UCFacts
I am fast enough to know that you are a fucking idiot and a worthless piece of shit. Damn that felt good.

Now I am through with your useless deranged rambling.

UCFhonors

Hoopla Cash
$ 494.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irregardless is a word.

#UCFacts

You might have a point if not for the fact that the word has the exact same meaning as regardless. So all you are doing is adding "ir" to the start of it, demonstrating you don't understand proper usage of the word you claim to be evolving.

And rather than having the balls to admit it, you just start on with some bullshit about people inventing words as a means of expressing things when existing vocabulary did not have words for that purpose. Quite a bit different, which you apparently also didn't understand.

Furthermore, when I call you a dipshit - it's not an ad homien for 2 reasons. #1 - I'm 100% capable of debunking this shit on all levels and my arguments do not rely on them, and #2 - it's true.

So yeah, you just fucking suck.

LyquidMetal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone say it with me now:

"UCFirst they deny.
Then they detract.
Then they come around to the UCFacts."

#UCFacts
Here's your uccommunitycollegefacts. Your community college caught lightning in a bottle. Now you think you rule the friggin college landscape.

pppppffffftttttttttttt!!!!

Let's see if the community college with the tinker toy stadium can keep it up.

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UCFhonors

Hoopla Cash
$ 494.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might have a point if not for the fact that the word has the exact same meaning as regardless. So all you are doing is adding "ir" to the start of it, demonstrating you don't understand proper usage of the word you claim to be evolving.

And rather than having the balls to admit it, you just start on with some bullshit about people inventing words as a means of expressing things when existing vocabulary did not have words for that purpose. Quite a bit different, which you apparently also didn't understand.

Furthermore, when I call you a dipshit - it's not an ad homien for 2 reasons. #1 - I'm 100% capable of debunking this shit on all levels and my arguments do not rely on them, and #2 - it's true.

So yeah, you just fucking suck.

Wrong. Languages get simpler and more colloquial over time especially when more people use the language.

Literally, saying that words only have one “proper” meaning only shows that you don’t understand how language work.

I would say do a re-read. But in your case, it won’t help.

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. Languages get simpler and more colloquial over time especially when more people use the language.

Literally, saying that words only have one “proper” meaning only shows that you don’t understand how language work.

I would say do a re-read. But in your case, it won’t help.

#UCFacts

SmokinSmile

:lol:

Please tell me more about words getting simpler while adding meaningless letters to a word and not changing it's meaning.

This is almost as good as Oscar trying to claim he could say a definition of a word was whatever he wanted.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this dude sticks around when UCFalls off it’s high horse and goes like 8-4.

UCFhonors

Hoopla Cash
$ 494.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

Please tell me more about words getting simpler while adding meaningless letters to a word and not changing it's meaning.

This is almost as good as Oscar trying to claim he could say a definition of a word was whatever he wanted.

Prefixes and multiple definitions for the same word are things you should have learned in grade school.

Now it’s time for you to take a lap.

#UCFacts

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prefixes and multiple definitions for the same word are things you should have learned in grade school.

Now it’s time for you to take a lap.

#UCFacts

I guess they were too busy teaching me what the fuck words actually meant and how to apply prefixes in ways that don't turn words into double negatives.

But please, tell me what the difference in meaning is between "irregardless" and "regardless".

UCFhonors

Hoopla Cash
$ 494.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess they were too busy teaching me what the fuck words actually meant and how to apply prefixes in ways that don't turn words into double negatives.

But please, tell me what the difference in meaning is between "irregardless" and "regardless".

Sure. Irregardless, means you wouldn’t understand.

#UCFacts

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. Irregardless, means you wouldn’t understand.

#UCFacts

That's what I thought bitch.

Meanwhile in the UCF trophy room:

9mDTRjG.gif

UCFhonors

Hoopla Cash
$ 494.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I thought bitch.

Meanwhile in the UCF trophy room:

9mDTRjG.gif

Good visual of unfair practices. That is exactly what UCF is UCFighting against. We are the Champions of a legit college football playoff and National Championship.

First we have to dismantle the ESP5N Cartle.

#UCFacts