• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anonymous Scout does not like Odubel Herrera

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://deadspin.com/sports-illustrated-publishes-anonymous-scouts-tantrum-o-1833609121

Name the guy (or guys) on this team you would never want in your clubhouse

Herrera. I’m an old-school guy who likes guys who run balls out and run off and on the field and are focused on playing the game the right way. He’s the antithesis of Brett Gardner. He’s like a clown. From what I understand, it was a controversial signing internally, because none of their baseball people could stomach him, but Matt Klentak liked him because he’s a likable goofball kid. So they ended up putting the cash in his pocket, and what they’ve gotten out of it is a f****** dog who’s hurt them more than helped them

Guy probably works for the Yankees. Who else would name drop Brett Gardner?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does make a lot of stupid plays with bad defense and terrible baserunning. Dude can swing it though.

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Bringing the COCK to SportsHoopla!
Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s a stinking turd.

Smells an awful lot like shit. I mean, the man stinks....bad.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anonymous Sports Fans don't like Anonymous Scout

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tommy DeVito : You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little f'd up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to f'n' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://deadspin.com/sports-illustrated-publishes-anonymous-scouts-tantrum-o-1833609121

Name the guy (or guys) on this team you would never want in your clubhouse

Herrera. I’m an old-school guy who likes guys who run balls out and run off and on the field and are focused on playing the game the right way. He’s the antithesis of Brett Gardner. He’s like a clown. From what I understand, it was a controversial signing internally, because none of their baseball people could stomach him, but Matt Klentak liked him because he’s a likable goofball kid. So they ended up putting the cash in his pocket, and what they’ve gotten out of it is a f****** dog who’s hurt them more than helped them

Guy probably works for the Yankees. Who else would name drop Brett Gardner?

I bet the person saying that is: male, white, 60+ years old, overweight, has a drinking problem, and every story is about "kids these days".

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does make a lot of stupid plays with bad defense and terrible baserunning. Dude can swing it though.
The baserunning frustrates me more than the defense. Guy was a highly touted defensive second baseman until the Phils got him from Texas, and they dropped him in CF because he was a little bit better out there than Cesar Hernandez.

I'd like to think he'll get the hang of it eventually, but you still see a lot of his more natural infield instincts play out, and it causes him to take bad routes to balls.