• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Annual Mock Draft

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again I am repping the Seahawks in the Hoop Annual Mock draft

Nos' 6th Annual NFL Mock Draft : FULL DRAFT

We started yesterday and are now on pick 16. With the Hawks pick coming up, I put out that I am looking to trade the pick last night. I have received a single offer thus far - and it was pathetic (#79, 137 & 152 for #21). I assume he was just trying to see if I would be open to being fleeced, but I countered with #45, 79, 117, 137, 152 & 172 for #21. He walked away (which I expected, but that's at least what I would need to drop from 21 to 45).

My current list looks like this:

Montez Sweat, DE Miss St.
Clelin Ferrell, DE Clemson
Cody Ford, OT/OG Oklahoma
Rashan Gary, DE Michigan
Dexter Lawrence, DT Clemson
Jonah Williams, OT Alabama

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put out that I am looking to trade the pick last night. I have received a single offer thus far - and it was pathetic (#79, 137 & 152 for #21). I assume he was just trying to see if I would be open to being fleeced

It appears he had already traded his #45 & #117 to Philadelphia for #25, and was just fishing to see if he could get another sweet deal from someone else. I'd rather pick than drop 2 full rounds.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I got no serious movement on the pick, and so I abandoned the idea of trading back. Only 1 person of the 6 or 7 who claimed to want to move back was successful in doing so. So, I picked:

Montez Sweat, DE Mississippi State

1.jpg

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I got no serious movement on the pick, and so I abandoned the idea of trading back. Only 1 person of the 6 or 7 who claimed to want to move back was successful in doing so. So, I picked:

Montez Sweat, DE Mississippi State

View attachment 202048

Sweat put up incredible combine numbers and if the Seahawks were forced to pick at #21, I'd assume this is a guy they would like a lot since they like that size and speed combination.

Gonna be tough for you to get more picks after being unable to trade down. I have to assume that in a mock like this, it's probably quite difficult.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweat put up incredible combine numbers and if the Seahawks were forced to pick at #21, I'd assume this is a guy they would like a lot since they like that size and speed combination.

Gonna be tough for you to get more picks after being unable to trade down. I have to assume that in a mock like this, it's probably quite difficult.

When fans mock, they tend to like their teams picks a lot more than the actual teams do. Really, the teams wanting to make deals are the early rounders - they want to move down in the first to pick up more picks and move up from the second into the first late. The late 1st round teams are just sitting waiting to see who drops to them instead of packaging picks to get a guy they must have. On top of that, there is no trading of future picks - as that would become difficult to justify, so you're limited to what you have in this year's draft. I really don't expect Seattle to pick at #21, but I had tried trading that pick for 18 hours and the only offer anyone wanted to give was a 3rd, a 4th and a 5th for my 1st. There's been only 1 trade thus far, which would be low IMO when the draft actually starts.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't expect to get any additional picks - these mocks tend to trade less as the draft goes, not more. This was my best chance to add picks - so I'll probably end up with just 4.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@blstoker

J.J. Artcega-Whiteside and Terry McLaurin are two guys I like a lot who could go in the third round and fall to the Seahawks. Although in a fan-driven mock draft, I'm sure that position players will be more highly sought after given the exposure most have to them.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When fans mock, they tend to like their teams picks a lot more than the actual teams do. Really, the teams wanting to make deals are the early rounders - they want to move down in the first to pick up more picks and move up from the second into the first late. The late 1st round teams are just sitting waiting to see who drops to them instead of packaging picks to get a guy they must have. On top of that, there is no trading of future picks - as that would become difficult to justify, so you're limited to what you have in this year's draft. I really don't expect Seattle to pick at #21, but I had tried trading that pick for 18 hours and the only offer anyone wanted to give was a 3rd, a 4th and a 5th for my 1st. There's been only 1 trade thus far, which would be low IMO when the draft actually starts.

I don't expect to get any additional picks - these mocks tend to trade less as the draft goes, not more. This was my best chance to add picks - so I'll probably end up with just 4.

I'm honestly a big fan of trading down, even when you have a lot of picks. You're also able to get great value when you trade a pick in the current draft for a pick the next year.

I wish CBS didn't delete their message board. Obviously I like it here a lot more, but I participated in one of those mocks over there and I'd love to know how I did now that some time has passed.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@blstoker

J.J. Artcega-Whiteside and Terry McLaurin are two guys I like a lot who could go in the third round and fall to the Seahawks. Although in a fan-driven mock draft, I'm sure that position players will be more highly sought after given the exposure most have to them.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll keep an eye open when the list starts to thin out to where it'll be. Right now (22 picks) there has been just 1 WR taken, so I'm sure there'll be a run on them from now through the second round.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took Rennell Wren, DT Arizona State in the 3rd round.

1.jpg

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F3141A78-33AC-4231-8CE6-A2D6CA5C7BA7.jpeg

Michael Deiter, G Wisconsin in the 3rd

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good pick. I'm inclined to be in favor of any Wisconsin offensive lineman with the run game that they've produced the last few years.

Knowing that our top 3 guards all have recent injury problems, and our next guard is actually a center, I figured we need some more depth in the middle oline. 4th round, I’m thinking WR, TE or CB....maybe even a S maybe.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knowing that our top 3 guards all have recent injury problems, and our next guard is actually a center, I figured we need some more depth in the middle oline. 4th round, I’m thinking WR, TE or CB....maybe even a S maybe.

I like the pick because Deiter also has experience playing a number of different positions. Fluker and Ipuati have injury concerns as you mentioned, plus they're not long-term solutions.