• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Angels in town Aug. 7,8,9 vs Rangers

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't go anywhere but up. Get those bats going.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We finally get two real good players and then want to trade them for more of what we already have. Funny game we play. Roll the dice and maybe they come up seven or maybe snake eyes. With our GM and owners it's a tough call.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then, sometimes, I agree with Evan.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We finally get two real good players and then want to trade them for more of what we already have. Funny game we play. Roll the dice and maybe they come up seven or maybe snake eyes. With our GM and owners it's a tough call.
If this team cannot sign a couple of high dollar players then we are sunk anyway. We have already proven that we cannot do it solely through the farm.

If we cannot afford to keep our best home grown talent then we might as well fold up the tent.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this team cannot sign a couple of high dollar players then we are sunk anyway. We have already proven that we cannot do it solely through the farm.

If we cannot afford to keep our best home grown talent then we might as well fold up the tent.
Like I said," funny game we play.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then, sometimes, I agree with Evan.

About time I heard some Trevino love. Couldn't care less about Mathis and for that matter Chirinos.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue is are we going to pay him or let him walk and get nothing in return. We really need some new owners. I saw the list of our prospects and I am not sold that these guys are going to be a hit. Look at all the guys coming up in the minors a few years ago and most are doing nothing. Back when we had Pudge, Gonzo and Greer come up they took the team to another level. I hope those guys in the minors (which there is not one) can do that. Or we will be like this for a while.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have watched 1 inning and we scored like 5 runs in that inning. Just glad the Rangers have 49 games left in the most ridiculous season ever in MLB history. I just look in at the box score. At least it has been pretty much a stress free season for me. LOL!

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We now have a good rotation and pen when they get healthy.
We have a good RF and bat.
We have a good SS and decent bat.
IMO we have nothing more than players with some talent trying to bust out and become good players. By the seasons end we should be able to see if any of these guys really come through and if not, your guess is as good as the next guy.:noidea:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know why we start home games at 8:05?

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few years ago we were rebuilding.

we used the same approach that we used with the last “young crop” of players which included Michael young, Mark teixera, Ian kinsler, blalock etc.

that approach was “these guys are the young core, the chosen ones, they can strikeout 50 times in a row and nothing will happen to them”. It worked because all of those guys ended up being talented and developed into solid major league players.

the current “ young core” that was billed to us was Joey Gallo, roughed Odor, Ronald Guzman, Willie Calhoun with Elvis and choo fulfilling the veteran leadership role.

the problem is that only Joey Gallo has proven himself. The rest of the young core hasn’t done much. After Gallo, I’d say Calhoun is the next most talented and Theres a massive drop off from Gallo to Calhoun. You could say there’s an even bigger drop off from Calhoun to Odor.

I really wish we could sell the team and fire the whole front office. Trade Gallo, Lynn, minor, choo for prospects because this current “rebuild” hasn’t worked and we need to rerool or go back to the drawing board. We need to build up a top 5 farm system because our major league team sucks ass and it has done so for several years now.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few years ago we were rebuilding.

we used the same approach that we used with the last “young crop” of players which included Michael young, Mark teixera, Ian kinsler, blalock etc.

that approach was “these guys are the young core, the chosen ones, they can strikeout 50 times in a row and nothing will happen to them”. It worked because all of those guys ended up being talented and developed into solid major league players.

the current “ young core” that was billed to us was Joey Gallo, roughed Odor, Ronald Guzman, Willie Calhoun with Elvis and choo fulfilling the veteran leadership role.

the problem is that only Joey Gallo has proven himself. The rest of the young core hasn’t done much. After Gallo, I’d say Calhoun is the next most talented and Theres a massive drop off from Gallo to Calhoun. You could say there’s an even bigger drop off from Calhoun to Odor.

I really wish we could sell the team and fire the whole front office. Trade Gallo, Lynn, minor, choo for prospects because this current “rebuild” hasn’t worked and we need to rerool or go back to the drawing board. We need to build up a top 5 farm system because our major league team sucks ass and it has done so for several years now.

OK trade Gallo lynn and Minor. You just got rid of the hardest players to ever replace and may be you get little back. No sure way to know so ya roll the dice. I rather keep our pitching and Gallo along with IKF and Frazier and trade from there. The next year add one or two big names and back to the races. We all have opinions and that is mine. One thing for sure, can't be much worse than JD or owners. As for Odor, we're stuck.:doh:

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK trade Gallo lynn and Minor. You just got rid of the hardest players to ever replace and may be you get little back. No sure way to know so ya roll the dice. I rather keep our pitching and Gallo along with IKF and Frazier and trade from there. The next year add one or two big names and back to the races. We all have opinions and that is mine. One thing for sure, can't be much worse than JD or owners. As for Odor, we're stuck.:doh:

2 years after this one then there is a team option for 2023 that nearly every club in MLB would decline, but we’re probably the only one who will accept or renew it.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 years after this one then there is a team option for 2023 that nearly every club in MLB would decline, but we’re probably the only one who will accept or renew it.

bah hum bug

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3