• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andrew Luck is... Retiring?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The timing is bad with the announcement. It seems more a mental decision than a physical one.

Mental: other decisions, family, etc lol

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a violent game even with how much safety they try to put into it. Luck's body just can't recover fast enough and you know he tried like hell to rehab but the toll of the injuries was too much. Always liked him and wish him the best.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is young enough that he can take 2-3 years away from the game and get completely healthy and then decide he's ready to return to the NFL and teams would be throwing money around like crazy trying to attract him to their franchise.

I think Luck is absolutely returning to pro football at some point but I think it will be at least 2 years before he does.

I believe the Colts still own his rights so even if he did come back several years later, he can only suit up for them.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has no one really said Luck retired to go join his daddy’s league?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good For Him. And fuck Colt fans for booing him, assholes

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure the colts had a feeling he wouldn't be available they have gameplanned to be without him. I am happy for him anytime a professional athlete gets his money in which case luck has earned 100+ million and walk away is great. There is no need to keep going through all these injuries and surgeries and therapy, people really do not understand the process these things take.

$100 million is more money than he will live to see spent and that is way more than enough to go invest and buy business to sustain yourself. No more torn shoulder and back surgeries

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy has been tweeting that he will be ready for week 1 for the past couple weeks. Fans buy season tickets to what they believe will be a great season. Then 2 weeks before the season...........SIKE!
Dick move.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's real too, I am just butthurt because the media league I am in started the draft last week, and I thought I had a steal when he dropped 60 spots past his ADP, smh.
oj posted an angry video on twitter that he just drafted luck. he better get extra security.

Last edited:

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could this post receive a facepalm. Makes no sense.
I think it is perfectly understandable that some fans did it. It wasn't the majority of fans.
These were fans that paid a bunch of money for season tickets and found out at the game that Luck, the guy on the sidelines smiling, was quitting. Even though he had been telling all the fans on social media that he would be ready for game 1. So at best, he is a liar. It's a game, fans cheer, fans boo. I have no issue with either. Luck made $100 million dollars off these fans. They can boo if they want.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is perfectly understandable that some fans did it. It wasn't the majority of fans.
These were fans that paid a bunch of money for season tickets and found out at the game that Luck, the guy on the sidelines smiling, was quitting. Even though he had been telling all the fans on social media that he would be ready for game 1. So at best, he is a liar. It's a game, fans cheer, fans boo. I have no issue with either. Luck made $100 million dollars off these fans. They can boo if they want.

I don't know that he is a liar, he is basing his comments on what medical staff are telling him, relaying what the potential expectations are. Maybe in the process of rehab they determined something wasn't working, or the initial diagnosis was misjudged. I think there is a far greater chance of that happening then Luck flat out lying.

Irsay said Luck potentially walked about from half a billion dollars and that was clear to him. SO Luck must have weighed all those options and still determined his long term health was far more important then money. Fans that booed IMO are not true fans, you have to look at what he accomplished while there, and his contributions were pretty significant. IMO it's just utterly disrespectful, which does not meant fans are not within their rights to boo if they choose just that IMO they are classless imbeciles that likely never played that game at any level high enough to understand the toll it takes on the body.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that he is a liar, he is basing his comments on what medical staff are telling him, relaying what the potential expectations are. Maybe in the process of rehab they determined something wasn't working, or the initial diagnosis was misjudged. I think there is a far greater chance of that happening then Luck flat out lying.

Irsay said Luck potentially walked about from half a billion dollars and that was clear to him. SO Luck must have weighed all those options and still determined his long term health was far more important then money. Fans that booed IMO are not true fans, you have to look at what he accomplished while there, and his contributions were pretty significant. IMO it's just utterly disrespectful, which does not meant fans are not within their rights to boo if they choose just that IMO they are classless imbeciles that likely never played that game at any level high enough to understand the toll it takes on the body.
They were at a game that they invested allot of money in (season tickets). Probably had a few drinks and were told Luck is retiring while they watched Luck smiling on the sidelines. Some of them went BOO! Good for them.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck the Colts. And those fans.

Hope they go 0-16.