• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And to think I had us going to the SB

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throat-punched.

They absolutely deserved to lose. Arguably the worst performance of the Nagy era. Miami last year being its only competition.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF was I thinking.

Oh gawd...

Is this what we do every loss with this fan-base now? Good lord. lol

We're 3-2. We just lost a London game with our backup QB and without our best run defender to another 3-2 team. We control our own destiny in the division and in every other facet of the season.

Stop with this melodrama after every loss people. It's football. Sometimes you lose. Sometimes you even play shitty and lose.

Yeah, today sucked. We lost a game that we shouldn't have lost. We also did this last year on a couple of different occasions.

Onto the bye week and the next game.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throat-punched.

They absolutely deserved to lose. Arguably the worst performance of the Nagy era. Miami last year being its only competition.

They were both horrible for different reasons. Today we slept walked through the first half and shot ourselves in the foot with mental errors.

In that Miami game, honestly... the reason that sucked was because we played fairly well for like 95% of the game. Then, gave up this slew of fucking 70+ yard TD plays randomly at different points in the game. It was infuriating. Then, the Parkey miss obviously.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh gawd...

We're 3-2. We just lost a London game with our backup QB and without our best run defender to another 3-2 team. We control our own destiny in the division and in every other facet of the season.

Stop with this melodrama after every loss people. It's football. Sometimes you lose. Sometimes you even play shitty and lose.

Yeah, today sucked. We lost a game that we shouldn't have lost. We also did this last year on a couple of different occasions.

Nah. LSD is being more than reasonable. Nothing that our team has shown now over a month into the season puts us in the drivers seat for a super bowl berth. Results on the scoreboard being the first and foremost. But nobody thinks we’re bad. Even in our sh*t performances we are always in it since the beginning of last season. But expecting 3-4 straight wins vs the NFL’s best at this point is an easy bet against for any unbiased fan, much less for those of us that can see all our team issues on the field.

We got fairly smoked in the trenches on both ends today. That’s the worst uh oh step back moment yet.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This all should’ve been apparent when Trubisky and the offense looked like trash against Green Bay. The offense has to be average at the very least for his team to get to a super bowl. They aren’t even close.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This all should’ve been apparent when Trubisky and the offense looked like trash against Green Bay. The offense has to be average at the very least for his team to get to a super bowl. They aren’t even close.

That was the one or two bad games forgiveness..but it is a trend now so we are where we are.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas City scored 13 points at home against an injury ravaged Indianapolis Colts defense and lost to a 2-2 team.

Clearly, their season is over.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the one or two bad games forgiveness..but it is a trend now so we are where we are.

The disastrous run game and O-line play (which correlates obviously) is more concerning to me than anything. You can give yourself a real shot at a deep run with game manager/serviceable type of QB play when coupled with a great defense. However, if you don't have a run game to support that QB. You are in a world of shit and everything will be exposed.

I'm more of a "let's get to the halfway point and see" kind of mindset. I am willing to give us those three games out of the bye with Trubisky back before I think about sticking the fork in. Every year teams turn corners or fall off of cliffs on either side of the ball starting around this time. Let's see if we can be one of them who turns a corner. The way we got our run game suddenly going in the second half last year gives me some hope that we can figure it out once again.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The disastrous run game and O-line play (which correlates obviously) is more concerning to me than anything. You can give yourself a real shot at a deep run with game manager/serviceable type of QB play when coupled with a great defense. However, if you don't have a run game to support that QB. You are in a world of shit and everything will be exposed.

I'm more of a "let's get to the halfway point and see" kind of mindset. I am willing to give us those three games out of the bye with Trubisky back before I think about sticking the fork in. Every year teams turn corners or fall off of cliffs on either side of the ball starting around this time. Let's see if we can be one of them who turns a corner. The way we got our run game suddenly going in the second half last year gives me some hope that we can figure it out once again.

I'm with you. The Bears haven't been beat by more than a touchdown since 2017. That's more than enough for me to bleed with them until the end. It just comes down to that I (and I'm sure most of us on here and all other Bears fans that pay a little more attention) are just trying to come to terms with what we were hoping to be a special run looking highly probable to turn out to much less than our expectations.

7-4 or better to get to the playoffs...and then highly likely we'll need to win 4 straight with multiple on the road to win the Super Bowl.

That's a pretty tall order for this team after seeing them play 5 games.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you. The Bears haven't been beat by more than a touchdown since 2017. That's more than enough for me to bleed with them until the end. It just comes down to that I (and I'm sure most of us on here and all other Bears fans that pay a little more attention) are just trying to come to terms with what we were hoping to be a special run looking highly probable to turn out to much less than our expectations.

7-4 or better to get to the playoffs...and then highly likely we'll need to win 4 straight with multiple on the road to win the Super Bowl.

That's a pretty tall order for this team after seeing them play 5 games.

Unfortunately, the difference between 3-2 and 4-1 (standings-wise) is pretty noticeable at this juncture. Which makes it hurt that much more that we're a "running into the punter" flag away from probably sitting at that spot. I saw a statistic that our percentage of winning shot down from like 80% to 56% with Oakland punting to us with 5:30 left and 1 time out to them having a fresh set of downs for themselves at that time-stamp.

However, the luxury of it being early is that all it takes is a couple of wins in a row to drastically alter the outlook of expectations or what's needed to position yourself for the playoffs/division. We still control our own destiny within the division and we're literally just a penalty and a Jimmy Graham 50/50 ball away from not having a single loss. I just don't buy the melodrama being spewed by Bears fans yet. This stuff is 5-5 or 5-6 talk. Not 3-2 talk.

You're going to face adversity throughout an NFL season. You can't just abandon ship after every disappointing performance and get back on-board each time you win a couple in a row. We know that there's a lot of talent on this roster. Let's see how it flushes out.

Hicks being out a month is worrisome. Nichols set to return after the bye helps, though.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh gawd...

Rich, that was a flashpoint post to the state of our team as it stands after 5 weeks into the season. This is not a SB team at the present, and in fact it could be debated if we're even a playoff caliber team. Can the ship be righted? Of course it can, but nothing so far this season, and that includes our 3 wins, tells me that we have the chops to take this all the way into February.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are not going to the SB.........Theres nothing there to tell me we are even playoff bound.......

But oh well......I can only hope.....

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rich, that was a flashpoint post to the state of our team as it stands after 5 weeks into the season. This is not a SB team at the present, and in fact it could be debated if we're even a playoff caliber team. Can the ship be righted? Of course it can, but nothing so far this season, and that includes our 3 wins, tells me that we have the chops to take this all the way into February.
The only positive is that teams that win the superbowl usually play the second half or last quarter of the season really well, taking that momentum into the playoffs. There's still a chance, but there's some really bad things happening for us right now.
  1. QB. We all should know Daniel isn't an answer and Trubisky hasn't taken a step forward yet. If anything, he's taken a step back.
  2. OL. It's been horrible so far. From left to right, Leno is having a bad year. Whitehair and Daniels look ok. Long looks completely washed up to the point where he needs to be replaced and Massie has been ok. We can't run the ball at all thanks primarily to these guys.
  3. Injuries. We knew we wouldn't be as clean as last year but they're already mounting up to important guys. Nichols early now Hicks looks like he'll be out for a while. Trubisky of course. Some key injuries already. If something happens to Mack, we're screwed.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

No offense but I don't know how you could have thought that.

And now you've lost to us.

You're not good, we're not gooder. We're worser than you're not gooder.

pfft.

That's Shakespeare right there.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh gawd...

I agree with this message. But the one thing that scares me is the Oline. Long is done, Leno regressed, 2 young guys in new position, Massie our best Oline guy?? Benching long will help and maybe they come together after 5 or 6 games.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this message. But the one thing that scares me is the Oline. Long is done, Leno regressed, 2 young guys in new position, Massie our best Oline guy?? Benching long will help and maybe they come together after 5 or 6 games.

He is so overrated at this point. Sit him down. We will be much better off with Coward or Larsen, immediately. Bank on that.

PFF has Long in the bottom 5 of ALL GUARDS. Could they be much worse?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, the O-line and the run game is infinitely more concerning to me. You can live with game manager type of QB play and a phenomenal D. You can make a run with that. However, you CANNOT have a non-existent run game on top of that.