• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And then there is deflating Mez news

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Carchidi ‏ @BroadStBull
Mez is doubtful for Round 2. Very slight possibility late in Round 2. #Flyers

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It would be great to have him back and dot that dog kubina...lol...gustiv did a nice job...just have to buy time...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texting on the cell phone is hard then you think..lol

^^Doesn't this belong on the water cooler?

This news with Mez is pretty much what I expected. Hopefully, we can get N Grossmann back out there soon.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, he started skating about a week ago, but he is coming back from back surgery. At least he is progressing. THose timelines seem to change in the playoffs based on need... They need Grossmann back.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This does blow. Like PR said, the dude has been skating..(yesterday morning as a matter of fact. Lead to some retarded speculation)...guess he's not quite close enough to risk it.

...and wasn't there a big rumor before the game yesterday that Grossmann was going to play yesterday??? I know NBC (assholes) said something to that effect..

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he started skating about a week ago, but he is coming back from back surgery. At least he is progressing. THose timelines seem to change in the playoffs based on need... They need Grossmann back.

definitely agree w/ this.. the same beat writer said if it went to a game 7 there was a chance grossmann and mesz would play

the gamesmanship for round 2 has already begun.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
definitely agree w/ this.. the same beat writer said if it went to a game 7 there was a chance grossmann and mesz would play

the gamesmanship for round 2 has already begun.

To bad it didnt go 7 hahahahahahahahaha screw you crysby!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mez practices

Defenseman Andrej Meszaros practiced with the Flyers on Tuesday for the first time since his March 21 back surgery.

Meszaros wore a no-contact jersey during drills at the Flyers' facility in Voorhees.

Defenseman Nick Grossmann skated before practice but did not participate in team drills. He apparently suffered a concussion in Game 4 against Pittsburgh after absorbing hits from Evgeni Malkin and Tyler Kennedy.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously do we lead the league in concussions.

Next question. Anyone else want to ask anymore fucking stupid questions? I'm done, thanks! Our good friend Torts! Las did you catch Torts PGC last night? This guy is going to lose it. Lol. To answer your question, yes we do.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lavy says he was "really encouraged" to have Mez back on ice today. #Flyers

I think both will, just not sure which games. RT @Dpalmer94122: @BroadStBull odds on both Grossman + Mez returning for Round 2? Thanks

Best case seems the middle of second round. RT @ralen124: @BroadStBull How far away is Mez if hes skating already?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully they don't play until sun or Mon! Any idea?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, we're looking at game 2 or 3 at best for Meszaros. I hope sooner for Grossmann, but we'll see. Getting both of them back and at 100% would be a tremendous boost. There's a reason that Kubina only played 4:31 in our last game. He needs to be replaced. Luckily though, Gus looks ready to step up and contribute, so if we get anyone back, I'm assuming Kubina will sit.

Last edited by a moderator:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, we're looking at game 2 or 3 at best for Meszaros. I hope sooner for Grossmann, but we'll see. Getting both of them back and at 100% would be a tremendous boost. There's a reason that Kubina only played 4:31 in our last game. He needs to be replaced. Luckily though, Gus looks ready to step up and contribute, so if we get anyone back, I'm assuming Kubina will sit.

The good news is that we won't face another offense like Pitt again. Our guys won't need to block 40 shots. I think Pitt was the best test for us. We should be able to take care of business the rest of the way. Just need to stay focus and ride Giroux's back from here on out.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bad news is that they may not see a team that scores like those dick swallowing assholes, but the other teams have been crashing the net hard on each other and we'll need a more physical dman to help clear the porch.

Hopefully they won't get stuck playing that type of series, but yeah...

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of being physical..

Has anyone else besides me noticed how tough Ottawa has been playing? I didn't think they had type of team. (shrugs) Oh well... Just sayin.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My concern is in how long it will take to get in game shape. Grossmann did not look great in the bweginning of the Pens series and he was out 10 days before. Looked like he was just starting to play well and took 2 blows to the head. Mesz will need a couple of games to shake off the rust. Maybe Lavy should go with 7 dmen for his 1st game or 2 back.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wednesday Practice. Some stuff on Grossman, there, too - still day-to-day.

Mezsaros skated with the Flyers for the second day in a row, and only the second time since undergoing back surgery on March 21 while wearing full equipment.

“It was nice to be out there with the guys, that’s for sure,” he said. “Feel the flow, have a few laughs with the guys. When you’re injured, you’re doing your stuff before the guys are here or after, so you’re left behind, and you want to be with them and bond. They’re a great group of guys. So it was very nice to be out there with them. Full gear, it feels weird after not having it on.”

Meszaros’ original timeline for return was six to eight weeks, and he’s been rehabbing for five. More than likely, he’s still a couple of weeks away, at best.

“I can’t really say,” he said. “Just taking it day by day and seeing how it is. Sometimes I have a good day, sometimes I have a bad day, so it depends. Day by day and go from there. It was a serious injury so I don’t want to go out there no 100 percent, so we’ll see. Every day is different.”

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of being physical..

Has anyone else besides me noticed how tough Ottawa has been playing? I didn't think they had type of team. (shrugs) Oh well... Just sayin.

i have no doubt that if we play the senators it will turn nasty and i will start hating senators players

neil and carkner are a handful in terms of annoying/dirty