• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And The Beat Goes On......

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garoppolo, Kittle, Warner and Coleman go down with injuries, This never ends it seems.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus Alonso but he is a free agent and unlikely to be resigned

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These injuries are killing us. We were already hamstrung on defense, missing our 2 best pass rushers and best CB. Now, it's the offense's turn? SMH, we're snake bit this year.

Trading Kwon Alexander looks like a pure cost-cutting move. He's got really salaries the next 2 years and he was hurt anyway, so we traded for a cheaper LB that was also injured, saving around 10M in space next year. I think the FO can see the writing on the wall that this isn't our year, but they also know that next year, the cap will probably shrink, so we'd better try and get ahead of it.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These injuries are killing us. We were already hamstrung on defense, missing our 2 best pass rushers and best CB. Now, it's the offense's turn? SMH, we're snake bit this year.

Trading Kwon Alexander looks like a pure cost-cutting move. He's got really salaries the next 2 years and he was hurt anyway, so we traded for a cheaper LB that was also injured, saving around 10M in space next year. I think the FO can see the writing on the wall that this isn't our year, but they also know that next year, the cap will probably shrink, so we'd better try and get ahead of it.
Any free agent or trade victim who comes to the Niners gets injured

Sherman
Garoppolo
Ford
Alexander
Richburg
Mostert

Almost all of these guys have spent more time on the sidelines than in uniform. Its ridiculous

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Any free agent or trade victim who comes to the Niners gets injured

Sherman
Garoppolo
Ford
Alexander
Richburg
Mostert

Almost all of these guys have spent more time on the sidelines than in uniform. Its ridiculous
It IS ridiculous and above the NFL average. I saw on TV the 49ers lead the NFL in injuries but forgot on what basis? I will guess snaps missed by starters?

Anyway, this is a tough one cause you don't know which players will get injured and to what extent? This is referring to once they start playing for the 49ers, and mostly applies to Richburg and Garapollo.

For Sherman, Ford, and Alexender, all were signed knowing they were injured AT THE TIME. So you already know the extent of their injured history when you sign them. Its a tough judgement call whether they return to 100% if so when, and odds they re-injure themselves?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It IS ridiculous and above the NFL average. I saw on TV the 49ers lead the NFL in injuries but forgot on what basis? I will guess snaps missed by starters?

Anyway, this is a tough one cause you don't know which players will get injured and to what extent? This is referring to once they start playing for the 49ers, and mostly applies to Richburg and Garapollo.

For Sherman, Ford, and Alexender, all were signed knowing they were injured AT THE TIME. So you already know the extent of their injured history when you sign them. Its a tough judgement call whether they return to 100% if so when, and odds they re-injure themselves?
You'd think they'd eventually learn their lesson. They often waste picks on college players who were injured as well. I read that not a single player on the 49ers who gained even one yard in either game against Green Bay last year played against Green Bay this year. That speaks to how our skill positions have been absolutely decimated. Its unprecedented

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Had a monumental thought, move MCGlinchey insideto RG, he has been there before. Trade or draft a huge RT that can also play G, 2 holes filled with low cost, sign T Williams?? and C?? back to leading NFL in rushing??

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You'd think they'd eventually learn their lesson. They often waste picks on college players who were injured as well. I read that not a single player on the 49ers who gained even one yard in either game against Green Bay last year played against Green Bay this year. That speaks to how our skill positions have been absolutely decimated. Its unprecedented

BEFORE big name free agents are signed, someone here would always say "lets sign him cheap". But after one or two years playing for us,do we see why we don't just sign anyone and everyone. This 'want' won't stop because this is human nature, when the next big names start becoming available, someone will again say lets sign him.

I'm not totally against signing big name free agents, especially now when we have a nucleus for a SB run. But am cautious about who we sign, for how much, at what spot, and their injured history. I admit i tend to be overly cautious.

Anyway, these ARE tough decisions to make when you're trying to sustain a SB run. I really believe we have enough for a SB run next season, beyond that who knows? We will lose some good players but so will other contending teams.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BEFORE big name free agents are signed, someone here would always say "lets sign him cheap". But after one or two years playing for us,do we see why we don't just sign anyone and everyone. This 'want' won't stop because this is human nature, when the next big names start becoming available, someone will again say lets sign him.

I'm not totally against signing big name free agents, especially now when we have a nucleus for a SB run. But am cautious about who we sign, for how much, at what spot, and their injured history. I admit i tend to be overly cautious.

Anyway, these ARE tough decisions to make when you're trying to sustain a SB run. I really believe we have enough for a SB run next season, beyond that who knows? We will lose some good players but so will other contending teams.
Next season will be the high-water mark I believe unless they get lucky and draft a couple of real difference-makers. I think they did that with Hurd, Aiyuk, Bosa and Samuel. I thought they made some great choices with Garoppolo, Alexander and Ford but those guys have just been a train wreck of injuries. Groups of additions like this don't come along very often and to have that destroyed by injury is really going to set the 49ers back.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a monumental thought, move MCGlinchey insideto RG, he has been there before. Trade or draft a huge RT that can also play G, 2 holes filled with low cost, sign T Williams?? and C?? back to leading NFL in rushing??
McGlinchy might be better suited to Guard but he's so tall its hard for the QB to see over him.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thing that bodes well. besides the fact that their injured players will be back, is that the Niners will get to play a last-place schedule next year instead of continually playing teams like New Orleans and Green Bay.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Next season will be the high-water mark I believe unless they get lucky and draft a couple of real difference-makers. I think they did that with Hurd, Aiyuk, Bosa and Samuel. I thought they made some great choices with Garoppolo, Alexander and Ford but those guys have just been a train wreck of injuries. Groups of additions like this don't come along very often and to have that destroyed by injury is really going to set the 49ers back.

Yep, it is always about good drafting, thats the only way to avoid cap hell. Teams hope for GOOD drafts every year but at least string 3 in a row, then you have a foundation. Yes, this assumes your have a GOOD QB whether already on the roster, or in the first draft.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, it is always about good drafting, thats the only way to avoid cap hell. Teams hope for GOOD drafts every year but at least string 3 in a row, then you have a foundation. Yes, this assumes your have a GOOD QB whether already on the roster, or in the first draft.
And didn't the 49ers trade for Mohammed Sanu? What happened to him?