• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And now what do they do.....

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As sad as Shenn's luck has been, his loss is not as big an overall issue to the team this season. The big issue is, what do the Flyers do to replace Pronger's minutes long term. They cannot hope to simply ride Carle (who has looked really really good), Timmo and Mez into the dirt. Coburn is Coburn. He will make the odd bone head move and then 10 subtle plays that don't get noticed but either clear the puck, break up a pass/shot or sends a breakout pass the way of a forward.

Walker is a joke. He cannot beat out Marshal for playing time? The kids have been okay, and Gussy will be back (probably sooner than Pronger) but...

.... see the big question mark......

Realistically the Flyers don't need another Pronger. They can't afford it. They don't need another Lilja, he too will be back for what that is worth. They need someone who can either take some PK or PP pressure off Kimo and Carle (who are both on the small size, as is Gussy). They need someone with some moxy/sandpaper in his game but not a goon, a real hockey player.

Anyone have any thoughts....as I start going over the NHL depth charts....

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As sad as Shenn's luck has been, his loss is not as big an overall issue to the team this season. The big issue is, what do the Flyers do to replace Pronger's minutes long term. They cannot hope to simply ride Carle (who has looked really really good), Timmo and Mez into the dirt. Coburn is Coburn. He will make the odd bone head move and then 10 subtle plays that don't get noticed but either clear the puck, break up a pass/shot or sends a breakout pass the way of a forward.

Walker is a joke. He cannot beat out Marshal for playing time? The kids have been okay, and Gussy will be back (probably sooner than Pronger) but...

.... see the big question mark......

Realistically the Flyers don't need another Pronger. They can't afford it. They don't need another Lilja, he too will be back for what that is worth. They need someone who can either take some PK or PP pressure off Kimo and Carle (who are both on the small size, as is Gussy). They need someone with some moxy/sandpaper in his game but not a goon, a real hockey player.

Anyone have any thoughts....as I start going over the NHL depth charts....

Why do anything or even panic, have you seen the way this team has been playing lately? If we start dropping games I'll worry about Pronger, I have a feeling we'll see Prongs come playoff time or just before...Also Bourdon Looks like he can carry some weight. He doesn't hesitate to get physical..

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do anything or even panic, have you seen the way this team has been playing lately? If we start dropping games I'll worry about Pronger, I have a feeling we'll see Prongs come playoff time or just before...Also Bourdon Looks like he can carry some weight. He doesn't hesitate to get physical..

Btw, bourdon has won me over. I like the way he plays, his toughness, finishes checks, and plays his heart out.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, bourdon has won me over. I like the way he plays, his toughness, finishes checks, and plays his heart out.

Yes, exactly. we really aren't hurting right now, The people they bring up have been great role players, last year we didn't have that type of Depth, and who thought Read would be this good.. I think we'll be okay til the playoffs or there about without Pronger. Shit, if we add a HEALTHY Pronger to our playoff line up, things could get nasty in the East..

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not talking about panic, I am talking about trying to keep the level of play up by helping reduce the wear and tear on the top 4.

Bourdon has really looked good. He could/should be a long term resident of the blue line.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not talking about panic, I am talking about trying to keep the level of play up by helping reduce the wear and tear on the top 4.

Bourdon has really looked good. He could/should be a long term resident of the blue line.

I think were set now, if we get more injuries(Knocks on wood) then we'll be fucked for sure, but if the guys we have now can do the job like they have been, it gives the injured guys more time to get 100% healthy..Either way it's a win win situation, DOn't know what we could possibly do to add another solid Blue liner lest giving up too much..

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, exactly. we really aren't hurting right now, The people they bring up have been great role players, last year we didn't have that type of Depth, and who thought Read would be this good.. I think we'll be okay til the playoffs or there about without Pronger. Shit, if we add a HEALTHY Pronger to our playoff line up, things could get nasty in the East..

I have to agree with the guy on I think versus the other night. This month of December is going to tell us a lot about our team. Most of the games are on the road. Furthermore, we are talking playoff caliber teams and playing some of these games back to back. Hence, buffalo and Pittsburgh. We have a game against TB tomorrow, even though struggling, they still have some success against us. I think Boston and Washington may be on schedule as well I think.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If I can, I am trading Bob for a stud Dman tonight.

Pronger's minutes will be hard to replace if he is out longterm. I don't think our defense is good enough to keep of their play of late. Don't trust Carle and Mesz for the long hall let alone a couple rookies.

Yes bourdon has been great but he has his bad moments. Marshal has been solid. Just don't think we can hold up for too long without Pronger or an equal dman.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am suprised, but Bourdon has outpalyed Marshall. He can be counted on a good 13-14 minutes per night. Problem, like most have identified is that Timonen, Carle, Coburn and Mez are playing too many minutes right now. We saw this with O'Donnell last year. It is just too many minutes during the season. They need a 4-5 type of defensive defenseman that can eat 15-16 minutes per night.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only veteran playing on the Phantoms was Walker. I just don't think he cuts it. I would liek to see what Kessel and Laurdson have. Again, I would not, however, expet 25-16 minutes from those guys.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carle, Mez and Coburn are young enough to handle a few extra minutes but they have to watch Timonens time. They should get Gusty back soon and Bourdon has been fantastic getting better. In the long run it may be a blessing in disguise to give these rookies some NHL time. No need to panic yet see what happens by Jan. Hopefully Pronger is back by the playoffs but if not they will probably make a move by the trade deadline to bring a legit body in...unless of course those rookies play lights out. All I have to say is 1st in the east suck it pens!!!! : )

I believe that Walker and Bart have to go through re-entry waivers so they aren't an option until playoffs...sucks.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did nobody watch the game tonight? The flyers have been better without pronger than with him the past 3 years. It's like a .567 point percentage with, .630 without

#justsayin

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carle, Mez and Coburn are young enough to handle a few extra minutes but they have to watch Timonens time. They should get Gusty back soon and Bourdon has been fantastic getting better. In the long run it may be a blessing in disguise to give these rookies some NHL time. No need to panic yet see what happens by Jan. Hopefully Pronger is back by the playoffs but if not they will probably make a move by the trade deadline to bring a legit body in...unless of course those rookies play lights out. All I have to say is 1st in the east suck it pens!!!! : )

I believe that Walker and Bart have to go through re-entry waivers so they aren't an option until playoffs...sucks.

They already put walker through and he wasn't claimed. So we're ok there

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Did nobody watch the game tonight? The flyers have been better without pronger than with him the past 3 years. It's like a .567 point percentage with, .630 without

#justsayin

Lately its been thanks to Mesz and Carle for not being the lost puppies they were when Pronger first went down. Marshall and Bourdon have been very solid. Also, and perhaps the biggest, Lilja and Walker have not seen the ice in a while (everybody clap).

Also having an offense like ours this year helps. 101 goals baby!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lately its been thanks to Mesz and Carle for not being the lost puppies they were when Pronger first went down. Marshall and Bourdon have been very solid. Also, and perhaps the biggest, Lilja and Walker have not seen the ice in a while (everybody clap).

Also having an offense like ours this year helps. 101 goals baby!

Don't forget bryz. He hasn't been amazing, but he's been stopping everythng that he HAS to. He's been keeping the flyers in games in the first periods of most games here recently while the forwards find their legs

And I'm not saying the team is better without pronger, just saying him being out really doesn't hurt them as much as everyone thinks, obviously if they have a better record without him since he came

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already put walker through and he wasn't claimed. So we're ok there

Thanks bro I missed that.....even more impressive that the young dmen are staying up with vets sitting on the sidelines. This teams depth is impressive just wish Schenn was playing so he could take advantage of extra ice time too.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks bro I missed that.....even more impressive that the young dmen are staying up with vets sitting on the sidelines. This teams depth is impressive just wish Schenn was playing so he could take advantage of extra ice time too.

no doubt.. i wish he was too.. although cooter showed enough the other day to make me think he deserves a shot playing between hartnell and jagr too.. personally, i kinda hope they hold roo out regardless, just in case.. couturier showed me enough to think they could manage a couple games without him..

strange how a huge concussion to crosby and everyone gets all jittery about a concussion now.. a few years ago i would've said 'oh its just a concussion' when a guy got his first one

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If all goes well...Gusty should be back in like 2 more weeks or something.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya its good that Couturier is getting the extra ice but I like what's he done so far this year anyway. Its Schenn that needs to get rolling and when he does holly fuck will this team be nuts!

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember Blake Kessel? I wish we'd use him, at least before Walker. He wasnt awful in some pre-season games. And it is the closest I may every get to a Kessel on the Flyers