• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And Now Aiyuk is Down

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell is up with the 49ers and their receivers? First Samuel goes down, then Hurd, then James and now Aiyuk. Poor Garoppolo will have no one to throw to.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Injuries happen to every team, every season. So far it hasn't been the 'season ending' type at least not to KEY players. Do we even have a starter with a long term injury other than Richburg?

Yes, Aiyuk is expected to play but still, not be the defacto starting WR from day 1. It isn't like McKinnen two years ago. McKinnen was signed to be the every down RB soon as he got here.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries happen to every team, every season. So far it hasn't been the 'season ending' type at least not to KEY players. Do we even have a starter with a long term injury other than Richburg?

Yes, Aiyuk is expected to play but still, not be the defacto starting WR from day 1. It isn't like McKinnen two years ago. McKinnen was signed to be the every down RB soon as he got here.
Hurd out for the year and Samuel probably out for the year.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurd out for the year and Samuel probably out for the year.

GAAAHHH...I really wanted to see what we have in Hurd this year. He looked to be a force when he got his hands on the ball and then two unfortunate injuries. I hope the kid can rehab and get his game back...it's gotta be a huge mind F to get through one injury, then come down with a new injury, taking ANOTHER season away from him straight out of college.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
GAAAHHH...I really wanted to see what we have in Hurd this year. He looked to be a force when he got his hands on the ball and then two unfortunate injuries. I hope the kid can rehab and get his game back...it's gotta be a huge mind F to get through one injury, then come down with a new injury, taking ANOTHER season away from him straight out of college.

Agree

If Mckinnen can do it, so can Hurd. Doesn't read like Hurd's ACL is worse than McKinnens.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really high on Hurd as well. Its amazing to me how these exceptional athletes in great shape get hurt so often.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't know about Samuel yet. Miss games yes, out for the year is unknown yet.
Agreed. I say "possibly season-ending" because Taylor missed the entire season last year with the same injury. Its one of those on a very fragile part of the foot which can take forever to heal.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really high on Hurd as well. Its amazing to me how these exceptional athletes in great shape get hurt so often.

Yea it's a huge bummer but also part of the process unfortunately, every team goes through it. I think we'll be ok in the short term with all of the problems our offense presents any defense. Our run//pass backs coupled with our TE squad are going to create a lot of slot situations and crossing patterns because opposing LB's have to respect our grinders up front, our run game, and pass game out of the backfield. Although it's a HUGE bummer to be hit so hard on the WR front I think we have some young talent as well as some vets that can keep us in it until starters heal up.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea it's a huge bummer but also part of the process unfortunately, every team goes through it. I think we'll be ok in the short term with all of the problems our offense presents any defense. Our run//pass backs coupled with our TE squad are going to create a lot of slot situations and crossing patterns because opposing LB's have to respect our grinders up front, our run game, and pass game out of the backfield. Although it's a HUGE bummer to be hit so hard on the WR front I think we have some young talent as well as some vets that can keep us in it until starters heal up.
I think we'll be OK as well but would have loved to see a passing attack featuring Samuel, Hurd and Aiyuk on the outside with Kittle on the inside. Now every team will be able to take kittle away.
I'm also concerned with our top three D Linemen being out from last year with Bucker gone and Bosa and Ford injured, I just hope they are able to keep the season going without the virus stopping it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think we'll be OK as well but would have loved to see a passing attack featuring Samuel, Hurd and Aiyuk on the outside with Kittle on the inside. Now every team will be able to take kittle away.
I'm also concerned with our top three D Linemen being out from last year with Bucker gone and Bosa and Ford injured, I just hope they are able to keep the season going without the virus stopping it.

For me the bigger concern is at Center and RG? Yes, we'd rather have all the D-linemen healthy no doubt, but if Center and RG are weak, the entire passing offense falters.

On the D-line there is decent depth for 3 of the four spots. Bosa is irreplaceable i know.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me the bigger concern is at Center and RG? Yes, we'd rather have all the D-linemen healthy no doubt, but if Center and RG are weak, the entire passing offense falters.

On the D-line there is decent depth for 3 of the four spots. Bosa is irreplaceable i know.
I thought Brunskill did very well at Center when Richburg went down last year. Not sure about the Guard position

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought Brunskill did very well at Center when Richburg went down last year. Not sure about the Guard position

Garland filled in at Center and did a GOOD job, so good Richburg is likely gone next off-season.

Brunskill was only moved to Center now because Garland is also hurt. Tough Decision, i wonder if they should've left Brunskill competing at RG?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garland filled in at Center and did a GOOD job, so good Richburg is likely gone next off-season.

Brunskill was only moved to Center now because Garland is also hurt. Tough Decision, i wonder if they should've left Brunskill competing at RG?
Yes, it was Garland I was thinking of.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely. Richberg wasn't the boon we were expecting when we paid him at the top of the center payscale. Garland did at least as well for a fraction of the cost--and did it against playoff teams. We'll be looking to upgrade at center this offseason...I hope.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Definitely. Richberg wasn't the boon we were expecting when we paid him at the top of the center payscale. Garland did at least as well for a fraction of the cost--and did it against playoff teams. We'll be looking to upgrade at center this offseason...I hope.

Agree, Richburg is now too high after considering all the other FA's next off season. Then his age and history of injury doesn't look good?

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And something else...how did the FO let all of our top 5 CBs be FAs at the same time (this offseason)?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like Aiyuk is going to play in the opener. Samuel hasn't practiced so he is probably out. Looking forward to seeing Trent Taylor play. He was the best WR in camp last year and Jimmy G's favorite target before going down. Supposedly he looks good this year, Also, McKinnon has looked really good in practice. It is the passing game where he will make his mark.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Pettis is another story. Shanahan has been praising him this year for working hard and coming into camp in the right shape. Put on the muscle he needed. We'll see if this translates on the field. Pettis is talented and can be a good WR if his head is screwed on straight.