• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Analyzing each NFL team's schedule (unofficial)

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of creating a different thread for each team, I will just do it this way. Continuing with divisional alphabetical order.

Dolphins

When I thought 2020 through, I realize they're a bigger threat for the division than originally thought.

Back-to-backs
@49ers
@broncos
Both of these road meetings are out west as well. Denver is more beatable here, but this is a precursor to KC the week after. Might mean a Denver win. And if so, Miami probably continues to own the Raiders(outside certain seasons). 0-2

Chargers
Rams
This should be a split against the LA teams. I think it's likely they beat the Chargers here. Chargers might have enough talent to win some games, but the QB issue is my real concern and I don't see how there's an upgrade from Rivers. Miami's also played well against the Chargers, and their upgrade at talent may be enough here. The Rams are too deep for them to beat. 1-1

Bengals
Chiefs
Patriots
A three-game home-stand. We know what they are at home against NE. I think the only argument for losing to Cincinnati is the Burrow>Tua thing, but Miami's the better overall team. I think KC is likely to be the loss here. 2-1

@Raiders
@Bills
Back-to-backs have more incentives late in the season for playoff purposes. If the Bills have it locked up week 17, the Dolphins can win both games. Miami I think will lose the common game tie-breaker to Buffalo. Unless...

They win in New England in week 1. Then they're playing for the division week 17. But if Miami's that improved, they may as well win week 2 at home. I don't see Miami winning in NE, then losing at home to the Bills. For simplicity's sake, let's say they lose week 1.

Notable opponent back-to-backs
49ers
SF hosts Philadelphia, Miami, and LAR three weeks in a row. If there's a loss in the first two weeks, it's likely to the Eagles. It's not impossible to lose at home to the Rams(they can just win in LA). I think Miami has the weakest chance still.

Chiefs
Chiefs play the Dolphins week 15 before going to NO. This coincides with Miami's three home games in a row. Miami is expected to lose to KC, and NO is the stronger team here. But KC can take both. They have another back-to-back set of road games involving TB.

Jets games are both back to back with only a bye week in between for both. When's the last time that happened? That is pointing to a split.

If they win in NE, week 1 then we have to consider Miami to have the best shot at sweeping a team, whom with Brady, could only lose to them. So I see 2 AFC West wins, 1 NFC win, 1 or 2 of the same-place matchups, and 3-3 in division (until proven otherwise).

I think Miami is at 8-8 if they can win Jacksonville week 3. But otherwise 7-9.