• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

An update from your friend who disappears

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello friends,

It's your old pal who stops by here once every few months, says he will try and be here more often....then he disappears again.

So, next Sunday (May 19) finally, finally, finally, I will be graduating from San Diego State with my BA in journalism. It finally happened, after years and years (I am 25 now. Time went by fast, mistakes happened, but thus I am at this particular finish line).

I really don't know what the future holds from a writing perspective. I finish classes Sunday (May 12), so will start the following day with exploring online for reporting gigs across the country. I do also plan to look at fields outside of journalism, such as communication/media relations/etc. at various companies and even state jobs.

You all know I'd love to cover sports for a living, but we shall see what the future holds. Most importantly though, wanted to pass on that I am finally getting that degree. I hope you all are well.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello friends,

It's your old pal who stops by here once every few months, says he will try and be here more often....then he disappears again.

So, next Sunday (May 19) finally, finally, finally, I will be graduating from San Diego State with my BA in journalism. It finally happened, after years and years (I am 25 now. Time went by fast, mistakes happened, but thus I am at this particular finish line).

I really don't know what the future holds from a writing perspective. I finish classes Sunday (May 12), so will start the following day with exploring online for reporting gigs across the country. I do also plan to look at fields outside of journalism, such as communication/media relations/etc. at various companies and even state jobs.

You all know I'd love to cover sports for a living, but we shall see what the future holds. Most importantly though, wanted to pass on that I am finally getting that degree. I hope you all are well.
Thanks for coming back and checking in with us. Not quite the same without your consistent voice but I do understand making priorities. Congratulations to you on May 19th! Working in higher ed, I know that you aren't finished until you finish but you are close enough to start celebrating. Many blessings on your search for that first post-collegiate job. Praying that you find something you love.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello friends,

Congrats, Matt!!

:suds:

I had no idea you were in my neighborhood. I thought you were up in the Sacto area...

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats, Matt!!

:suds:

I had no idea you were in my neighborhood. I thought you were up in the Sacto area...

I will be in your neighborhood for another several months and I'm going to have free time on my hands. I'm also close to PetCo Park and have this machine with an engine and wheels that can take me places.

Just saying :)

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for coming back and checking in with us. Not quite the same without your consistent voice but I do understand making priorities. Congratulations to you on May 19th! Working in higher ed, I know that you aren't finished until you finish but you are close enough to start celebrating. Many blessings on your search for that first post-collegiate job. Praying that you find something you love.

Thanks LHG, always appreciated. As always, I will keep all of you updated on how things go.