• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

An Old SF Giant

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just going through some of my old Giant items and I ran across a baseball card for one of all time favorite Giants ... and I have to admit ... I sort of forgot all about him for quite a few of the past years .... He played for us for 10 years and had a pretty good career with us ... how many of you rememvber Jack Clark?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon...I thought you were going to say Max Venable or something.

Jack the Ripper? He was a beast and it ripped my heart out when he was traded to the Turdinals.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon...I thought you were going to say Max Venable or something.

Jack the Ripper? He was a beast and it ripped my heart out when he was traded to the Turdinals.
Being one of the oldest Giant fan on this forum ... I remember the Bobby Bonds for Bobby Mercer trade. I was just a little shy of 30 at the time. Been a Giant fan back from the NY days.
I was a native NYer at the time and just hated this trade.Mercer was a great player in his own right but he never had a the talent Bonds had. But as angry as I was NYY fans were just furious. Mercer was probably the most liked Yankee at the time. For them this was the worst trade in history. They never really accepted Bonds or understood the level of his talent. Just blinded by their anger. I sort of felt the same way I guess. Never understood that trade...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being one of the oldest Giant fan on this forum ... I remember the Bobby Bonds for Bobby Mercer trade. I was just a little shy of 30 at the time. Been a Giant fan back from the NY days.
I was a native NYer at the time and just hated this trade.Mercer was a great player in his own right but he never had a the talent Bonds had. But as angry as I was NYY fans were just furious. Mercer was probably the most liked Yankee at the time. For them this was the worst trade in history. They never really accepted Bonds or understood the level of his talent. Just blinded by their anger. I sort of felt the same way I guess. Never understood that trade...
I remember when we got Mercer. He was pretty good IIRC, I think he made the ASG one year. I was young, but I liked him a lot. I think he played in the same OF as Gary Matthews. Spier, Radar and a young Jack Clark were on that team too. Another one of those eminently forgettable 70s teams under Stoneham.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just going through some of my old Giant items and I ran across a baseball card for one of all time favorite Giants ... and I have to admit ... I sort of forgot all about him for quite a few of the past years .... He played for us for 10 years and had a pretty good career with us ... how many of you rememvber Jack Clark?
eh

Didn't he hate playing for us though?

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh

Didn't he hate playing for us though?
Jack Clark was known to be very rough around the edges. He tended to have a good share of issues wherever he played .... but .... he also had a real wealth of talent. That tended to soften quite a few of those edges.

BTW ... he had stated that he hated playing a Candlestick park. But then again ... there are not too many people that enjoyed playing there ..... I also don't believe that he was fond of the SF Front Office ,,,,