• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

An article that sums up WWE problems now

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are, then, essentially trapping unhappy folks and holding them hostage

I stopped reading right there as that's one of the most bullshit statements I've ever read.

So basically WWE is making these unhappy talents commit to the contracts they themselves signed and agreed too, and that's somehow "keeping them hostage"?

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I stopped reading right there as that's one of the most bullshit statements I've ever read.

So basically WWE is making these unhappy talents commit to the contracts they themselves signed and agreed too, and that's somehow "keeping them hostage"?

There's a new wrestling company funded by one of the richest men on earth. The WWE's not letting anyone who would benefit AEWs roster out of a contract right now. That's smart business imo.

To me the idea of embarrassing wrestlers on the way out is antiquated carny bullshit that needs to stop. It seemed like they were in the process of doing that with Ambrose but then changed course.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a new wrestling company funded by one of the richest men on earth. The WWE's not letting anyone who would benefit AEWs roster out of a contract right now. That's smart business imo.

To me the idea of embarrassing wrestlers on the way out is antiquated carny bullshit that needs to stop. It seemed like they were in the process of doing that with Ambrose but then changed course.

Honestly, if reigns didn’t come back from cancer...it probably would’ve.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Honestly, if reigns didn’t come back from cancer...it probably would’ve.

That's a plausible theory.

It's publically traded company worth a hundred dollars a share. Hurting the earning power and marketiablity of employees on their way out of the company is such a bad look at this point.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Another thing. I was the classic post AE era Cena hating fan but it's obvious how irreplaceable that guy is for them right now.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a plausible theory.

It's publically traded company worth a hundred dollars a share. Hurting the earning power and marketiablity of employees on their way out of the company is such a bad look at this point.

Vince has always been petty.

It’s why sting took a decade to come over and participate. And even then he got hosed.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing. I was the classic post AE era Cena hating fan but it's obvious how irreplaceable that guy is for them right now.

Probably as important as hart was after hogan left.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good question. Where are the great heels? The problem WWE has, and has had for years now is that any good heel instantly turns into a face by the fans, or you get a tweener type guy because the fans respect the good work heels do. WWE needs a good heel. They sorta had it in Brock there near the end of his title reign, but that was because people were just tired of a part time champion.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good question. Where are the great heels? The problem WWE has, and has had for years now is that any good heel instantly turns into a face by the fans, or you get a tweener type guy because the fans respect the good work heels do. WWE needs a good heel. They sorta had it in Brock there near the end of his title reign, but that was because people were just tired of a part time champion.

Becky. Becky was supposed to be a heel, but because there are no good ones the fans cling to her like a toddler to their mother and she became a face.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Vince has always been petty.

It’s why sting took a decade to come over and participate. And even then he got hosed.

As a fan I'm usually ambivalent about who wins the match. The spot on the card, time given to the performers, etc is a better indicator of their standing in the company. The AEW concept of W/Ls determing their spot on the card fascinates me but that's another discussion.

Sting losing to HHH at WM while Michael Cole (defacto voice of reason commentator) buried his career was as annoyed as I've been as a fan for their on screen product. That was an exception. I dont mean "they worked me into hating the heel." The company was the heel.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Probably as important as hart was after hogan left.

Hart's a legend and an alltime great in the ring but Cena brought so much energy to the crowd with his promos and character work.

I would compare Cena to Hogan and AJ or Rollins to Hart.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

NXT might play to a more niche audience but look how they got Ciampa over as a heel. Most of it is picking the right babyface for the heel/face dynamic and then telling a compelling story.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An issue that is going to an issue is the WWE is a publicly traded company so can’t do original or controversial stories. The AEW so far has the ability. It’s a role reversal of WWE and WCW from the Monday Night Wars.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A follow up to if they aren’t doing so hot, is Stomping Grounds a legit PPV?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NXT might play to a more niche audience but look how they got Ciampa over as a heel. Most of it is picking the right babyface for the heel/face dynamic and then telling a compelling story.
My problem with NXT is what is coming out of NXT now reminds me of cookie cutter homes. They all seem in some way the same character. They are like cookie cutter wrestlers.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My problem with NXT is what is coming out of NXT now reminds me of cookie cutter homes. They all seem in some way the same character. They are like cookie cutter wrestlers.

I don't know, the vast majority of bigtime NXT performers are wrestlers that were either successful on the indies or in other countries. The cookie cutter issue might have applied when it was focusing more on homegrown talent.
I would say the problem is the main roster is bloated with talent and NXT guys are getting lost in the shuffle when they're called up without a plan. Andrade is a classic example of someone who could have been having classic matches in NXT for the past year but toiled in midcard main roster purgatory instead.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, I'm surprised it has thrived and lasted this long. Especially now with real fighting in the MMA.
I watched wresting back in the 80's, but not since.
There are allot of people that watch it, so I can't knock the entertainment value it must have. Just isn't my cup of tea.