• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

America's Team

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares. That's my point. I see quite a few Cowboys fans almost bragging about being considered "America's Team". Who gives a shit??? Obviously them but who really gives a shit??

I'm a Cowboy fan and could give two shits less about being called America's team. In fact I think the title is stupid.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
America can get its own team.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys are AMERICAS TEAM. it is not even close....maybe the steelers but not really...
I cannot freaking stand them, but I acknowledge their cultural impact.

Even when Dallas sucks, they are still about the most popular team.
A 3-13 Dallas team still draws eyeballs and constant discussion.
A good Cowboys team becomes almost insufferable with the hype and fandom.

You could not find a single Packer, Patriot, or Seahawk fans when those teams sucked.
A 3-13 Packers team might as well not exist in terms of the public consciousness.

Certain franchises like the Lakers, Yankees, and Cowboys don't need wins to be the top conversation mover.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use the term America's team to get haters mad. Nothing gets them more mad than that.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This cracks me up. Guns gets off on thinking he roots for the most popular team in the NFL. Typical bandwagon mentality.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

"Insert something negative about the Cardinals"
Guns
It is tough to hate the Cardinals because that team has never been relevant.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This "Americas Team" is such a stupid debate. Most Cowboy fans could give a shit so why are other people making a big deal out of it?

The Cowboys are the Cowboys just like the Patriots are the Patriots or the Steelers are the Steelers. The NFL is Americas sport. Every team rolls out the big flag, sings The National Anthem, recognizes military hero's etc.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys are AMERICAS TEAM. it is not even close....maybe the steelers but not really...
I cannot freaking stand them, but I acknowledge their cultural impact.

Even when Dallas sucks, they are still about the most popular team.
A 3-13 Dallas team still draws eyeballs and constant discussion.
A good Cowboys team becomes almost insufferable with the hype and fandom.

You could not find a single Packer, Patriot, or Seahawk fans when those teams sucked.
A 3-13 Packers team might as well not exist in terms of the public consciousness.

Certain franchises like the Lakers, Yankees, and Cowboys don't need wins to be the top conversation mover.
I'm a Cowboys fan but your post is mostly nonsense.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This "Americas Team" is such a stupid debate. Most Cowboy fans could give a shit so why are other people making a big deal out of it?

The Cowboys are the Cowboys just like the Patriots are the Patriots or the Steelers are the Steelers. The NFL is Americas sport. Every team rolls out the big flag, sings The National Anthem, recognizes military hero's etc.
:agree:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This cracks me up. Guns gets off on thinking he roots for the most popular team in the NFL. Typical bandwagon mentality.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

"Insert something negative about the Cardinals"
Guns

It is tough to hate the Cardinals because that team has never been relevant.

Like clockwork. So predictable. :L

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots are the bootleg cowboys, they do garner some hate, but not like the boys. If the cowboys had spygate, it would've been such a bigger deal.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe when your team wins a Super Bowl it will be worthwhile discussing them.

I hope they win a SB before you come up with something original to say, otherwise they may never win one.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
th

everyone should have one. it's quite the fashion statement.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they win a SB before you come up with something original to say, otherwise they may never win one.
The Cardinals may never win a SB in your lifetime.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't understand the "americas team" title. Not everyone in America likes the Cowboys and they aren't the only team in America.

That ship sailed about 30 years ago, I think most Dallas fans are glad to shed that dubious moniker.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying this for years. First and foremost, the best nicknames are given. You can't give yourself a nickname IMO. Second, the Cowboys have a huge fanbase but they are also the most polorizing team in the league. You're either a fan or, and this is most likely, you absolutely HATE the Cowboys. The Packers on the otherhand have if not an equal sized fan base, pretty close. And they have, what, 10 times as many people as Green Bay? Even more so, if you ask someone if they like Green Bay, they usually do. The Packers may not be their favorite team but it's one of the teams that they root for. They move the needle just as Dallas moves the needle but usually for different reason, because one is loved and one is despised. Yes, I've always hated the Cowbows and I hate them just that much more after this past weekend but I hate the Packers like no other team in the NFL and it's my opinion that the Packers are America's team. And I can't even listen to any Johnny-come-lately bullshit about the Broncos being america's team. Peyton Manning may be America's QB, but Denver is in no way, shape or form America's team.