• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

American Horror Story

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I like about the show. Even though they say the seasons are connected, they are connected in such a subtle way that you can watch them in any order you want and not be lost or anything.

If any season can approach what Murder house had I will be happy. That was some great tv. If Roanoke is good enough I will dive right into cult

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if anyone watches channel zero. But i feel like it is very similar to this show. Even there commercials are similar.

The second season is coming up soon, and I think it is creepier than AHS

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOLOLOL. That premiere was so unintentionally hilarious

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if anyone watches channel zero. But i feel like it is very similar to this show. Even there commercials are similar.

The second season is coming up soon, and I think it is creepier than AHS
I like the concept of the show. Didn't care for the first story of the first season, hope this one is better.

Cult looks like it has some potential. Roanoke was good.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it unintentional?? I felt like they were making fun of both extremes.

I feel like, with this kind of topic, there's no way you can avoid being funny. I mean, this was a pretty accurate portrayal of both sides after the election haha. I have a feeling Evan is gonna be the true star of this season. He's always been outshined by someone in each season.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like, with this kind of topic, there's no way you can avoid being funny. I mean, this was a pretty accurate portrayal of both sides after the election haha. I have a feeling Evan is gonna be the true star of this season. He's always been outshined by someone in each season.

Yea Sarah Paulson's character was really annoying. Was just hiloping they would kill her off in the first episode

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Sarah Paulson's character was really annoying. Was just hiloping they would kill her off in the first episode

Haha yeah she's a little annoying. But I guess they are trying to depict the EXTREME sides of the Trump supporters and Non-Trump supporters lol.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had some hopes for this season, instead they are using this black eye in America to promote more hate. I did like the angle how they have Hellary supporters hating on the ones that did not think it was necessary to vote, but really dont need a political statement, I want to think about something else when looking to be entertained.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had some hopes for this season, instead they are using this black eye in America to promote more hate. I did like the angle how they have Hellary supporters hating on the ones that did not think it was necessary to vote, but really dont need a political statement, I want to think about something else when looking to be entertained.

Well there's clowns in this season so I'm sure there will be some entertainment lol. Also, I think the first episode was just to illustrate the extremes of both sides just to show how crazy people WILL get and CAN get.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it unintentional?? I felt like they were making fun of both extremes.

I...think so? :noidea: Ryan Murphy isn't the best at subtle humor. I feel like if it were intentional, it'd be way more campy and eyerolling.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the relationship between Winter and Kai is a confusing one so far. Both are on opposite sides of the political spectrum, but both also seem to be messing with the same family. Will be interesting to see how it progresses. Those clown masks are no joke though, props to whoever created those.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I...think so? :noidea: Ryan Murphy isn't the best at subtle humor. I feel like if it were intentional, it'd be way more campy and eyerolling.

IDK, I don't think anyone can write "BLEND Cheese Doodles into a face cream and put it on your face so your face can be orange" without thinking that would be seen to be too silly not to be funny-ish...

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK, I don't think anyone can write "BLEND Cheese Doodles into a face cream and put it on your face so your face can be orange" without thinking that would be seen to be too silly not to be funny-ish...

I definitely think most of the first episode was written to be somewhat humerous. For example, when Kai is asking Winter if there was a lot of blood during her anal encounter, he also says, "And poop"? No way that was meant to be disturbing or anything aside from humorous. The obvious humor in the cheese doodles face cream scene was also done humorous. I highly doubt those scenes were written in a way to be disturbing, freaky or creepy lol.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still wondering where the Bees come into play because there were two main promos and posters for the series, all had to do with either Clowns or Bees. Also, from what I've read, the premiere was the lowest viewed premiere of the show since Asylum which was season 2. I think the political angle of the show has deterred some viewers from watching this season.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still wondering where the Bees come into play because there were two main promos and posters for the series, all had to do with either Clowns or Bees. Also, from what I've read, the premiere was the lowest viewed premiere of the show since Asylum which was season 2. I think the political angle of the show has deterred some viewers from watching this season.

I agree that the political angle deterred viewers from watching... But the bigger problem, is that if it continues like this they are only going to lose more...

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the political angle deterred viewers from watching... But the bigger problem, is that if it continues like this they are only going to lose more...

Luckily, for fans of the show, they are already signed on for another season. But, the lack of viewership of this season might end up with next season being the last.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the relationship between Winter and Kai is a confusing one so far. Both are on opposite sides of the political spectrum, but both also seem to be messing with the same family. Will be interesting to see how it progresses. Those clown masks are no joke though, props to whoever created those.

I took it that they were brother/sister

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really really disappointed in the angle and apparent direction from episode 1. Political standpoints? Really? Nothing good can come from this.

Probably won't tune into AHS again this season and probably won't return for the following seasons. Seasons 1 and 2 were great, since then I usually tune into each season and lose interest after episodes 3 or 4. This year thanks to their choice of topic, no thanks.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really really disappointed in the angle and apparent direction from episode 1. Political standpoints? Really? Nothing good can come from this.

Probably won't tune into AHS again this season and probably won't return for the following seasons. Seasons 1 and 2 were great, since then I usually tune into each season and lose interest after episodes 3 or 4. This year thanks to their choice of topic, no thanks.

I honestly don't think the election or politics itself is gonna be a huge mainstay of the season. I think the election was just used as a setting to let the viewers know why these things are happening. I highly doubt the election or politics is used as a main storyline from here on out. Seems like they are just focusing on Sarah's character's "hallucinations" (maybe) of the clowns and how it's affecting her son and the addition of Winter and Kai into their lives. We'll see though. Either way, they didn't seem to be focusing too much on the election in the first episode. I think it was just used as a time setting and showing the extreme reactions from both sides of the political spectrum.