• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

American Horror Story

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season thankfully didn't get too boring throughout the season for me. I'm liking the ads I'm seeing for it. Seems like an ongoing theme are clowns so hopefully no one here is fearful of clowns! lol

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked coven, but it was mainly because Stevie Nicks has always gives me a warm feeling in my underpants and most of it was learning about her song writing and its ties to witchcraft that kept it interesting for me.

I think they are taking too many ideas from other shows, this one sounds like a copy of the Manson show that was on last year. The last one got all blair witch and paranormal activity.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked coven, but it was mainly because Stevie Nicks has always gives me a warm feeling in my underpants and most of it was learning about her song writing and its ties to witchcraft that kept it interesting for me.

I think they are taking too many ideas from other shows, this one sounds like a copy of the Manson show that was on last year. The last one got all blair witch and paranormal activity.

Well isn't the entertainment industry all about copying ideas but still finding a way to make it your own? How many "found footage" movies are there where people are in an abandoned hospital or mental institution? Ya know? I think that's the nature of the business nowadays.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, its the nature of the business, I just tend to tune out when they are just copying and not really taking it down its own road. That was the whole premise of the show when it started, do something original that nobody is expecting. It also changes the show from must see to maybe I will DVR it and then never watch.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first season, Horror House? and the second season, Asylum were two great seasons. Since then I would usually watch 2-3 episodes before I gave up on it because it became too ridiculous.

I'm assuming this season since it is named Cult is about a cult which will be a good background. So I will tune in and see how long it can keep me hooked.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not watched in couple of years. I might have to try it again at some point.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing some trailers for Cult, I think they should rename it American Horror Story: Juggalo House

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone watch the trailer for the new season? Looks interesting. Kinda has a Purge vibe to it if you ask me.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait. Asylum is considered one of the good seasons? Finishing that season felt like a chore and I called it quits a few episodes into coven.

My wife stuck it out until a few episodes into Hotel and agrees there was little of value to the show after the 1st season.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought season 1 was great, haven't made it through a whole season since.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait. Asylum is considered one of the good seasons? Finishing that season felt like a chore and I called it quits a few episodes into coven.

My wife stuck it out until a few episodes into Hotel and agrees there was little of value to the show after the 1st season.

Murder House set the bar, Asylum to me made it to the bar. But Coven left a little off the table, Freak Show was SLOOOOOOOOW. I barely was able to finish that season. Hotel was okay, wasn't the best but it had its moments. I like the mystery of the Ten Commandments Killer and that is something that, for me, Coven and Freak Show was missing. Roanoke was really good. I'd say the 2nd or 3rd best of the 6 so far. Cult looks like one of the freakiest or scariest ones yet. But yea, Asylum for me was very good. Some episodes felt like a chore to finish but overall it was good. I don't think anything will top Murder House though.

I do have a bias to Hotel, I must disclose, because Lady Gaga was in it and I got a sweet spot for that woman. Don't know what it is, but its something haha

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Asylum was the season I made the farthest of everything but season 1. But they ruined it with all the alien stuff. Don't know why they insist on getting all weird with stuff that doesn't fit. Like a 50s insane asylum can't stand on its own to carry the show, so we need aliens too?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murder House set the bar, Asylum to me made it to the bar. But Coven left a little off the table, Freak Show was SLOOOOOOOOW. I barely was able to finish that season. Hotel was okay, wasn't the best but it had its moments. I like the mystery of the Ten Commandments Killer and that is something that, for me, Coven and Freak Show was missing. Roanoke was really good. I'd say the 2nd or 3rd best of the 6 so far. Cult looks like one of the freakiest or scariest ones yet. But yea, Asylum for me was very good. Some episodes felt like a chore to finish but overall it was good. I don't think anything will top Murder House though.

I do have a bias to Hotel, I must disclose, because Lady Gaga was in it and I got a sweet spot for that woman. Don't know what it is, but its something haha

Asylum started ok, but it felt like the writers room could not decide on a horror theme, so it was super science/demonic possession/aliens. None of them really fit together and felt like a patch work of "Do you know what else is scary" moments. Like a AHS version of member berries.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asylum was the season I made the farthest of everything but season 1. But they ruined it with all the alien stuff. Don't know why they insist on getting all weird with stuff that doesn't fit. Like a 50s insane asylum can't stand on its own to carry the show, so we need aliens too?

Well to be fair, they needed the alien bit to show why the husband was admitted to the asylum. It wouldn't of fit the character if he was this cold blooded killer. Would've change the whole dynamic of the series and I don't think in a good way because you had Quinto's character as the main bad guy in that series.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to be fair, they needed the alien bit to show why the husband was admitted to the asylum. It wouldn't of fit the character if he was this cold blooded killer. Would've change the whole dynamic of the series and I don't think in a good way because you had Quinto's character as the main bad guy in that series.
I'll take your word for it, I honestly don't remember it enough to try to argue how it could have been done differently to satisfy me. I guess I'm just old school with my horror preferences, want my aliens to stick with aliens, and asylums to keep to asylums.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take your word for it, I honestly don't remember it enough to try to argue how it could have been done differently to satisfy me. I guess I'm just old school with my horror preferences, want my aliens to stick with aliens, and asylums to keep to asylums.

We can just sit here and agree with each other all day

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give Roanoke a shot. Nice thing about the series is I can pick the ones I want to see with litlte consequence

That's what I like about the show. Even though they say the seasons are connected, they are connected in such a subtle way that you can watch them in any order you want and not be lost or anything.