• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Amendola May Need Surgery

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From The Herald:

We learned Thursday night via a source, Danny Amendola's injury was "bad," and may require up to six weeks before he could return. Today, courtesy of a Fox Sports report, the Patriot wide receiver is described as having torn adductor muscles in his hip.
The timetable for his return, however, was "up in the air" given conflicting information from doctors about possibly also having a sports hernia, according to the report. Amendola is said to be sending results of tests to other doctors to get a definitive diagnosis.
Should he in fact have a sports hernia, he would need surgery, and that time frame is roughly 3 or 4 weeks to recover. If it's determined he doesn't have the hernia, and is just dealing with the torn adductor, his return would be in the ballpark of just a few more weeks.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it before...he should never have played. They rushed it.

At least he wont miss the whole season.

patspa

PATS SEEKING SEVEN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, as long As Gronk comes back healthy, and the rookies start coming around, Amendola well it looks like The Pats will have to just move on without him. It sucks but this guy is just a mess and can't stay healthy. Hope it isn't so but it looks that way.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, the next few weeks were already going to be a learning curve. This drops the starting point of that curve a bit, but accelerates the growth. If the rookies develop, and we have Gronk, Amendola, and vereen back for the playoffs with a team that has gotten used to moving the ball without them (less so Gronk, probably), this team should still be OK.

More reps for the rookies isn't a terrible thing. It doesn't make the start of the season easier, but it may make the end easier.

bunchofpixels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thing with Gronk is even if he comes back healthy, he probably wont be healthy for long

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thing with Gronk is even if he comes back healthy, he probably wont be healthy for long

Excellent point. Doubt he'll finish the season without another injury. I know the rookies haven't looked so good but I trust they're going to get it together. At least they're getting open. Catching the ball is teachable.

IF Gronk can stay healthy AND the rookies get their act together, I can see Edelman filling in admirably for Amendola.

I'm honestly not worried yet.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edelman had 13 catches Thursday. When Gronk comes back, Edelman will be a fine and the rooks can return to being rooks without as much pressure.
DA will return mid season, rookies will be up to speed, Vareen late season, hopefully Gronk gets his next injury out of the way early and returns late season and they can make a run though the playoffs.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talked to this dude with a Patriots decked out Harley yesterday and he said he's worked for the Patriots. Could have been full of shit but he said that a source close to him says that Gronk's injuries are more serious than they're letting on and that he could be through playing.

Take it for what it's worth but it was a really nice Harley Davidson!

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They wouldn't have wasted a roster spot on him without a reasonable shot he could be back before week 6.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the reports I've seen point to a possible return this week and, if not, a likely return next week.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I didn't take it as gospel either.

Let's hope he returns and regains his rookie toughness.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relevant how?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wes Welker>any wide reciever the Patriots have

Welker dropped a game winner in the SB and has proven time and again that when it's on the line he doesn't deliver. This Pats fan doesn't really care about Welker since all those yards and catches didn't amount to shit. Him and Manning will have some nice shiny stats this year before exiting the playoff's early.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welker dropped a game winner in the SB and has proven time and again that when it's on the line he doesn't deliver. This Pats fan doesn't really care about Welker since all those yards and catches didn't amount to shit. Him and Manning will have some nice shiny stats this year before exiting the playoff's early.

To be fair thats Manning if they exit early ... because frankly he has done it many times before.....

Again to be fair.... Though that ball was certainly catch able it wasnt exactly in his chest but nope cant blame Brady the god.

Also Welker didnt play defense he didnt give up game winning drives in the SB. He didnt let the Jets hang 42 in the Playoffs

Maybe last year he could have done better but its not like the whole offense was clicking and they lost because of Welker

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair thats Manning if they exit early ... because frankly he has done it many times before.....

Again to be fair.... Though that ball was certainly catch able it wasnt exactly in his chest but nope cant blame Brady the god.

Also Welker didnt play defense he didnt give up game winning drives in the SB. He didnt let the Jets hang 42 in the Playoffs

Maybe last year he could have done better but its not like the whole offense was clicking and they lost because of Welker

Agreed.
It is a team sport.
It is a machine with many gears.
And if one cog breaks on one gear...the whole machine may fail.

patsfan187

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
should've given welker the damn money

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's more than simple playing ability with Welker. I think the coaching staff was sick of him and no longer willing to tolerate him.

Good luck with him Broncs....he's a hell of a receiver and no patriot fan will argue that.

True, it wasn't the best throw but that's one thing that'll drive ya nutz about Welker. He'll shoestring the most uncatchable balls and then drop one hitting him right in the numbers.