• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ambrose reportedly done after WM

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't sure if I should put this in the Raw or AEW thread so I'll just put it here instead...

Dean Ambrose leaving WWE shortly after WrestleMania when his contract expires in April -

Big enough news for a seperate topic. Plus, it makes the forum look more active if we spread out with new topics instead of confining everything to specific topics.

BTW, Keller added this in an update

Dean has been creatively frustrated for a very long time and it boiled over recently - He hates the hokey stuff and his preference is Jon Moxley or early Shield Dean - He’s not burnt out but wants to have more creative freedom, something he doesn’t have in wwe - He has a reputation of making the most out of something he doesn’t like and he has no heat for being unprofessional - There’s a big difference in how he sees his character and how Vince sees his character - He will most likely stay in wrestling because he loves the business - No indication that he will go to AEW but they technically can’t talk with him until April - Keller thinks he will be very valuable to AEW and that Dean wouldn’t have left if AEW wasn’t an option - Doesn’t know how or if he will be used at Wrestlemania but since this news is out and any burial of him will make wwe look bad and would help him outside of wwe

So it sounds like unless they give him more creative freedom, AEW will be a very real possibility for him. That would able a HUGE get for All Elite.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So it sounds like unless they give him more creative freedom, AEW will be a very real possibility for him. That would able a HUGE get for All Elite.

When you factor in age, star power, and longterm potential it would probably be one of the 5 biggest names they could sign as far as full time performers go.

He's a great promo and would thrive with more creative freedom

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Original Heel Shield Dean was amazing. He has been pretty boring since IMO.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just coming to post that statement, I think the chances of this being a work went tremendously up.

I mean I don’t think WWE has ever publicly commented that someone will be leaving their company when the contract expires especially not 90 days out.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ambrose sucks. He is slow, boring, and looks like some loser at a bar.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was just coming to post that statement, I think the chances of this being a work went tremendously up.

I mean I don’t think WWE has ever publicly commented that someone will be leaving their company when the contract expires especially not 90 days out.

They're a publically traded company now so it might not be in their best interest to handle contractual matters in that way with official statements.

It's wrestling so you can never rule anything out though

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first guess is this is a work.

But I haven't tuned in in awhile, what is Ambrose's character like nowadays? Last I saw of him he was the crazy lunatic guy that would do anything and he was wild, he got huge pops and seemed to be getting a huge push at the time. Has his character changed? I heard something about hokey? New Dean character is hokey or his lunatic fringe character got to be too hokey?

Also I heard about AEW starting, but lets face it, that company wont ever pan out. Is TNA still around? Serious questions. TNA ruined any chance for any new wrestling promotion to make it and actually compete with WWE. TNA had it's chance in what 2011? When they went live and Hulk Hogan was there and they brought back all of WCW guys, it failed miserably. AEW will probably make it 2 years before drifting off into the distance.

You know what wrestling promotion Ambrose should go to and I think could really compete well with the WWE on a world scale? NJPW. Holy crap, I watched their recent PPV and what a fun product that is! It's like WWF mid 90's.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ambrose sucks. He is slow, boring, and looks like some loser at a bar.

They should’ve let him be “the man”

Would’ve been far more interesting

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first guess is this is a work.

But I haven't tuned in in awhile, what is Ambrose's character like nowadays? Last I saw of him he was the crazy lunatic guy that would do anything and he was wild, he got huge pops and seemed to be getting a huge push at the time. Has his character changed? I heard something about hokey? New Dean character is hokey or his lunatic fringe character got to be too hokey?

Also I heard about AEW starting, but lets face it, that company wont ever pan out. Is TNA still around? Serious questions. TNA ruined any chance for any new wrestling promotion to make it and actually compete with WWE. TNA had it's chance in what 2011? When they went live and Hulk Hogan was there and they brought back all of WCW guys, it failed miserably. AEW will probably make it 2 years before drifting off into the distance.

You know what wrestling promotion Ambrose should go to and I think could really compete well with the WWE on a world scale? NJPW. Holy crap, I watched their recent PPV and what a fun product that is! It's like WWF mid 90's.

I don't know....if AEW follows through with what they've claimed so far in that the promotion is going to be about the performers giving the fans what they want and the supposed ranking system where wins matter towards championship opportunities I can see it being successful. TNA went off the rails when Dixie Carter tried to be the female Vince McMahon and become the promotion's biggest heel. Bringing in Hogan, Bischoff & the old WCW crew it was just speeding up the downhill run.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Possible. But they also might just be playing nice to keep the door open that he will return. If he is burnt out or upset with how things have gone, they might feel its better to play nice and give him time to do whatever, then lure him back later. It's basically the opposite of what they did with Punk, who had similar grievances but both sides escalated it into an argument which then led to that bridge being burned. And All Elite being a thing could also factor into it because if other talent sees them making things difficult for Ambrose on his way out, that might make other people strongly consider leaving. Like if AEW is gonna have good money but better conditions, WWE's tactic would be to acquiesce on some of those grievances, make for better conditions, and give better money. It sends the message that "we're not the bad guys. we'll work with you".

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also if the Ambrose/AEW rumors are true this is a completely different ballgame than TNA.

In a decade plus run the only "in their prime" stars TNA signed who were at Ambrose level were Jeff Hardy and Kurt Angle. Both of those signings were probably on the cheap due to drug issues.

This is a young major star with no issues signing with AEW before the company even has its first show.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. WWE was at its best when it had real competition.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THAT is true. One reason WWE sucks today is because it doesn't have to even try. It's unwatchable.

Depends on what you're watching. I really enjoy SD, NXT, and 205 Live